Last edit by: Boraxo
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Generally highest rated by FTers
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Quick & easy access from 101 freeway
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • More expensive than other off-airport options, especially if no coupon
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.
  • Poor ratings (see yelp)
Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Easy access dropoff, not so easy to get back on freeway (S-101)
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Poor shuttle service for SFO arrivals at busy weekend/holidays (30-45min wait)
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by emcampbe
do they have an online discount? Haven’t looked in a while, but thought that stopped a year and an half+ ago, when post-COVID traffic started picking up.
It's been on and off since then. Not as generous as it was during Covid, but there was a small discount offered for the past year or so (around $21/day at LTP). It wasn't available for bookings during this years busy summer months, nor during last years Nov/Dec holiday period, IIRC.

But there was a discount for post-Labor Day (or approximate) bookings up until a couple weeks ago when they replaced it with this 5-day minimum stay offer. According to the website, even that ends after Nov 13th.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by econ
It's been on and off since then. Not as generous as it was during Covid, but there was a small discount offered for the past year or so (around $21/day at LTP). It wasn't available for bookings during this years busy summer months, nor during last years Nov/Dec holiday period, IIRC.

But there was a discount for post-Labor Day (or approximate) bookings up until a couple weeks ago when they replaced it with this 5-day minimum stay offer. According to the website, even that ends after Nov 13th.
Link for us all to keep checking? I had checked the site when looking for EV charging info but didn't see anything.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SamirD
Link for us all to keep checking?
https://www.flysfo.com/passengers/parking
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:17 pm

Thank you! Interesting that there was no coupon to apply or anything. I just finished 4 days a few days ago--I guess I could have stayed one more day for free!
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by brp
Otherwise, we use ParkSFO exclusively
ParkSFO all the way. It's cheaper than longterm parking, easier to find a space, you don't have that long walk to airtrain, and the shuttle runs frequently.
Boraxo, brp and SamirD like this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
ParkSFO all the way. It's cheaper than longterm parking, easier to find a space, you don't have that long walk to airtrain, and the shuttle runs frequently.
I just don't the idea of a mandatory valet if you have an ev and want to charge. I get why they do it, but since valet shrug any liability (and any parking service too for that matter), I'd rather just not have anyone touch my car.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 7:59 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just don't the idea of a mandatory valet if you have an ev and want to charge. I get why they do it, but since valet shrug any liability (and any parking service too for that matter), I'd rather just not have anyone touch my car.
I charge before I go. We are going there tomorrow from the South Bay and I charged sufficiently to get there and back.

cheers.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 10:21 pm

you don't have that long walk to airtrain, and the shuttle runs frequently.
I really like the idea of a shuttle. Sometimes the 6 hr grace period at LTP comes in handy, although I've come to detest the long AirTrain ride to the terminals.
SamirD and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by brp
I charge before I go. We are going there tomorrow from the South Bay and I charged sufficiently to get there and back.

cheers.
I try to take advantage of free charging if it's available. There's always a cost to charging one way or another.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've come to detest the long AirTrain ride to the terminals.
That, plus I've had some really long searches for spaces in LTP, followed by a very long walk to the elevators. The spaces are also really really tight.
Seems like a relevant consideration. I don't have an EV.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:58 am

That, plus I've had some really long searches for spaces in LTP, followed by a very long walk to the elevators.
The last few times I've used LTP, they set up cones and/or have a person direct you to a location that usually has available parking. It has reduced search time, but it could be a long walk to the station. It always seems to be somewhere in the old garage when I show up.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:54 am

The last few times I've used LTP, they set up cones and/or have a person direct you to a location that usually has available parking. It has reduced search time, but it could be a long walk to the station. It always seems to be somewhere in the old garage when I show up.
Yeah, ParkSFO is way more user friendly. The app is great for payment as well - I do it on the shuttle and am ready to go by the time I get to my car.
SPN Lifer, SamirD and econ like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Looks like the $21/day online booking discount for LTP is gone until after Labor Day.
They went out of business or were bought out by parkingaccess.com
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Greg Bessoni
They went out of business or were bought out by parkingaccess.com
Sorry, are you saying that SFO long term parking has gone out of business? Or has been bought out by the company you apparently rep for based on your only other FT post? Seems like you would know

As to the post you were replying to...

Looks like the $21/day online booking discount for LTP is gone until after Labor Day.
Just saw this: https://www.flysfo.com/passengers/parking/long-term

Online Booking Flash Sale!

Book your SFO parking online to take advantage of our Flash Sale, available for garage entries between November 24 and December 13:*

Long-Term Parking:
• Stay 1-5 days at $20/day
• Stay 6-10 days at $19/day
• Stay 10+ days at $18/day

* SFO’s Parking Flash Sale rates are only available through our online booking system for garage entries between November 24 and December 13, 2023.
SPN Lifer, SamirD and econ like this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
BART parking rates are changing from January 12th, 2024. Got an email with the details but I can't see it mentioned on their website anywhere yet.

Millbrae reserved (airport) parking is going up from $6 to $7.80 per weekday, and is the only non-daily rate that increased. (Increases are based on demand, so presumably more people are using Millbrae for airport parking)

Bay Fair, Coliseum, Hayward, Richmond and Warm Springs/South Fremont all went down to $4 per weekday (plus tax for Coliseum, so $4.70 total).
SPN Lifer and SamirD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.