Weekend Parking @ BART

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend Parking @ BART

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
When you sign up for parking, it automatically deducts the weekends. If you start parking at 21:30 Friday night, and don't want to be charged for Friday, just set Saturday as your start date. No big deal. I have done this more than once. Also, be aware, even Friday night you can park in the "permit required" spaces.
Awesome, so they won't ticket me on Friday night even though my permit will say Saturday? I did set the parking to start on Saturday as a trial run through the website and it only charged me $35 (for Mon-Fri).

I'm just paranoid that they'll start enforcing it on Friday night and I'll get a ticket for not having a permit that starts Friday.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by rosette
Awesome, so they won't ticket me on Friday night even though my permit will say Saturday? I did set the parking to start on Saturday as a trial run through the website and it only charged me $35 (for Mon-Fri).

I'm just paranoid that they'll start enforcing it on Friday night and I'll get a ticket for not having a permit that starts Friday.
Nope. All parking at Bart is free from 15:00 friday until 0400 Monday.
It encourages the drunks to take the train and leave the car.

Even when not going to the airport, or having an airport permit I've left a car over night for various reasons.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Nope. All parking at Bart is free from 15:00 friday until 0400 Monday.
And even if you're arriving before 3pm on Friday, you can simply pay the day parking rate ($2/day) at the station to cover Friday, then have your airport parking start on either Saturday or Monday.

The above works for all days, not just weekends. If you're arriving after 3pm you do not need to pay for that day as fees are only enforced between 4am and 3pm. If you arrive before 3pm, you can pay $2 for the first day.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by docbert
And even if you're arriving before 3pm on Friday, you can simply pay the day parking rate ($2/day) at the station to cover Friday, then have your airport parking start on either Saturday or Monday.

The above works for all days, not just weekends. If you're arriving after 3pm you do not need to pay for that day as fees are only enforced between 4am and 3pm. If you arrive before 3pm, you can pay $2 for the first day.
Excellent. Thanks; you've given me a lot of peace of mind!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.