Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Weekend Parking @ BART

Weekend Parking @ BART

Old Jul 8, 09, 10:07 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Three reasons I prefer Millbrae:
1) Earlier BART service to SFO and earlier trains go direct to SFO;
2) Later BART service from SFO back to Millbrae and later trains go nonstop;
3) Fare is $2.90 less each way from Millbrae than from San Bruno.
Old Jul 30, 09, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
So I'm gone this weekend, leaving tonight, returning around midnight on Sunday.

If I buy a two day airport ticket for today and tomorrow, that should be enough, yes? Also, is the airport parking at BART in Milbrae in a different area then the regular parking?
Old Jul 30, 09, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA MM, UA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DukieDrew View Post
So I'm gone this weekend, leaving tonight, returning around midnight on Sunday.

If I buy a two day airport ticket for today and tomorrow, that should be enough, yes? Also, is the airport parking at BART in Milbrae in a different area then the regular parking?
Parking enforcement officially ends at 3pm each day and is not in effect on weekends, so you only need a permit for Friday. The airport parking pass allows you to park in any space (including those requiring a permit for use before 10am).
Old Jul 30, 09, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Right but without a permit for today, my car could be towed or ticketed because it was left there overnight, right?

Actually, it looks like they don't enforce until 4am, so you're right. Only Friday it is! Nice!
Old Jul 30, 09, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA MM, UA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DukieDrew View Post
Actually, it looks like they don't enforce until 4am, so you're right. Only Friday it is! Nice!
Even if you needed to park earlier during the day today (prior to 3 pm), you could cover today by paying the $1 fee for regular daily parking at the station (but if you were entering before 10am, this would limit you to the non-permit spaces).
Old Aug 4, 09, 6:33 pm

I am planning to park at San Bruno from Thursday at 1 pm until Monday at 8 am.
Am I correct that I can pay the $1 fee for Thursday and pay 1 day's long-term permit for Monday? Would that work? I have read the info on their website about 10 times, but it is still unclear to me.
Old Aug 8, 09, 11:37 am
Suspended

I'll be driving into San Francisco (Nob Hill) getting there mid to late afternoon on a Thursday. I won't need the car until about 06.30 on the Sunday morning.
My thoughts are as follows :
Park the car at a BART airport car park and then pay $6 a day parking ($18) then pick it up on Saturday evening and park it overnight in the Sutter Stockton garage at a cost of $8 . Retrieve it at 06.30am and leave SF.
Are there any potential problems with this strategy ? Am I being stupid paying out the $18 for the Bart parking?
Any help appreciated (supplied in the most basic of ways)
Thanks
Old Aug 10, 09, 4:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA, Hilton, Starwood, Priceline
I was hoping someone would answer this

Originally Posted by half pint View Post
I'll be driving into San Francisco (Nob Hill) getting there mid to late afternoon on a Thursday. I won't need the car until about 06.30 on the Sunday morning.
Park the car at a BART airport car park and then pay $6 a day parking ($18) then pick it up on Saturday evening and park it overnight in the Sutter Stockton garage at a cost of $8 . Retrieve it at 06.30am and leave SF.
Are there any potential problems with this strategy ? Am I being stupid paying out the $18 for the Bart parking?
Thanks
Unfortunately I have no idea - it sounds like a good plan but I never park at BART - sorry!
Old Aug 11, 09, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by dinogirl View Post
I am planning to park at San Bruno from Thursday at 1 pm until Monday at 8 am.
Am I correct that I can pay the $1 fee for Thursday and pay 1 day's long-term permit for Monday? Would that work? I have read the info on their website about 10 times, but it is still unclear to me.
This won't work. Unless Friday is a legal holiday recognized by BART, you'll need to pay the long-term fee for Friday AND Monday.
Old Aug 11, 09, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by half pint View Post
Thanks
If you arrive at the BART lot after 3 PM on Thursday, you could do this for a $6 BART fee for Friday only as weekend parking at BART (3 PM Fri. to early Mon. a.m.) is free. You would need a closer alternative for Sat. night as you point out, since BART service starts too late on Sunday a.m. for your plans.
Old Aug 11, 09, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K View Post
If you arrive at the BART lot after 3 PM on Thursday, you could do this for a $6 BART fee for Friday only as weekend parking at BART (3 PM Fri. to early Mon. a.m.) is free. You would need a closer alternative for Sat. night as you point out, since BART service starts too late on Sunday a.m. for your plans.
Thanks for the knowledgable and helpful reply .
I'll probably be arriving after 3pm so that sounds great. One potential snag I can see is when I start a booking it assumes I must be a US resident as the dropdown menu requires a state and zipcode . this is using parkingcarma.com.
is there anyway around this ? many thanks again
Old Aug 11, 09, 10:37 pm

As far as the zip code/U.S. state info, you could contact parkingcarma (https://www.parkingcarma.com/About-Us/Contact-Us.aspx) via email and ask if there's a workaround.
Old Jan 4, 10, 1:54 pm

Airport/Longterm parking at BART

I just used the Millbrae BART station parking lot for longterm parking while on a weekend trip out of town. Was trying to be cost-conscious (translation cheap) and discovered that Millbrae BART is the best deal in town - who knew?

Anyway, posted my experience in an article at:
http://perendinate.com/2010/01/03/co...-bart-station/
Old Feb 27, 10, 1:50 pm

I need to park overnight from Sunday afternoon to 1000 Monday at one of the stations that offers longterm/airport parking. Since weekends are free, would I be fine purchasing a reserved pass for Monday only?
Old Feb 27, 10, 2:09 pm

Yes, this will work. See post #57 in this thread.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: