Weekend Parking @ BART

Old Jun 27, 07, 9:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by greydog View Post
Wondering if any FTers have recently done an extended weekend parking at the millbrae bart parking lot w/o getting a ticket? Anyone done a Friday morning to Monday evening parking stint? Anyone seen BART metermaids at all? Thanks for the replies in advance
Friday morning to Monday morning would be fine.

Friday morning to Monday evening would cost you a pretty penny.
Old Jul 2, 07, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by greydog View Post
Wondering if any FTers have recently done an extended weekend parking at the millbrae bart parking lot w/o getting a ticket? Anyone done a Friday morning to Monday evening parking stint? Anyone seen BART metermaids at all? Thanks for the replies in advance
I've been using the Millbrae station extensively for the past year, usually a couple weekends a month. Sometimes my car is parked till Monday afternoon or evening, but a few times due to flight cancellations or other I had to leave the car there till Tuesday or Wednesday.
I have yet to receive a ticket. Frankly I don't think they are issuing any tickets at all even during the week.
But of course there's no guarantee that the police won't start this weekend.
Old Jul 12, 07, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by paulwlee View Post
I've been using the Millbrae station extensively for the past year, usually a couple weekends a month. Sometimes my car is parked till Monday afternoon or evening, but a few times due to flight cancellations or other I had to leave the car there till Tuesday or Wednesday.
I have yet to receive a ticket. Frankly I don't think they are issuing any tickets at all even during the week.
But of course there's no guarantee that the police won't start this weekend.
I too have been parking at various BART stations for at least up to 5 days, if not longer, and never received a ticket. I only park at stations that don't have a meter of course.
Old Jul 12, 07, 10:42 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Long Term parking at Peninsula Bart stations

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnew...urces_bcn_html
Old Aug 9, 07, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Test

I parked at the Millbrae Bart Station from Friday morning to Monday evening in July, without any problems...didn't see any markings on my tires...
Could be a fluke, but perhaps the bart parking police may not checking everyday at Millbrae...

Anyone have their tires marked at Millbrae?
Old Jun 24, 08, 1:33 pm

Programs: Float between DL Gold and DL Platinum; "alum" of consistent mid-high tier status on UA
BART long term parking - holiday/ weekend strategy

I will be parking at Millbrae BART from ~11 AM Saturday, June 28 through ~11 PM Saturday, July 5. My interpretation of the BART extended parking rules caused me to purchase a long-term parking permit from Monday, June 30 through Thursday, July 3 (remember July 4 is a holiday) . . . 4 days @ $6 per day = $24. Anyone foresee any problems/ issues with that?

BART web site seems rather vague (perhaps deliberately) when it comes to long-term parking that includes weekend & holiday periods.
Old Jun 24, 08, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by andrewk829 View Post
I will be parking at Millbrae BART from ~11 AM Saturday, June 28 through ~11 PM Saturday, July 5. My interpretation of the BART extended parking rules caused me to purchase a long-term parking permit from Monday, June 30 through Thursday, July 3 (remember July 4 is a holiday) . . . 4 days @ $6 per day = $24. Anyone foresee any problems/ issues with that?

BART web site seems rather vague (perhaps deliberately) when it comes to long-term parking that includes weekend & holiday periods.
You read it as I do. I parked at San Bruno a few weekends ago from Saturday morning until Monday at around midnight. SB offers 24 hour free weekday parking, hence no ticket on Monday. I didnt see any tire marks.
Old Jun 26, 08, 12:18 pm

Question Parking overnight at El Cerrito for the weekend

I was planning to park my car at the El Cerrito BART station from Saturday June 28 afternoon to Sunday June 29 (and take the BART to SF).

Is it safe (I mean for my car)?

Also, by looking at the BART website, it looks like it's free for the weekend. Right?

Thanks!!
Old Jun 26, 08, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gianlucav View Post
I was planning to park my car at the El Cerrito BART station from Saturday June 28 afternoon to Sunday June 29 (and take the BART to SF).

Is it safe (I mean for my car)?

Also, by looking at the BART website, it looks like it's free for the weekend. Right?

Thanks!!
I have left my car at El Cerrito Plaza weekend overnight plenty of times (nothing recently) without an issue, and probably a few times at El Cerrito Del Norte.
Old Jun 26, 08, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by francophile View Post
Friday morning to Monday morning would be fine.

Friday morning to Monday evening would cost you a pretty penny.
What about Friday afternoon to Monday evening at San Bruno?

They have a 24 hour limit on weekdays but I dont know how heavily enforced it is
Old Jun 26, 08, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I have left my car at El Cerrito Plaza weekend overnight plenty of times (nothing recently) without an issue, and probably a few times at El Cerrito Del Norte.
Was it El Cerrito Del Norte or Plaza? I was planning to park at Del Norte, as it's closer to the highway and it's completely free.

EDITED: nevermind... this morning I cannot even read messages :-P
Old Jun 26, 08, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gianlucav View Post
Was it El Cerrito Del Norte or Plaza? I was planning to park at Del Norte, as it's closer to the highway and it's completely free.

EDITED: nevermind... this morning I cannot even read messages :-P
No puedo creer la locura de tu posting.
You could have simply replied with this.
Old Jun 27, 08, 5:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnDunn View Post
What about Friday afternoon to Monday evening at San Bruno?

They have a 24 hour limit on weekdays but I dont know how heavily enforced it is
I parked at Millbrae from Thursday morning (6/19) to Sunday evening (6/22)this past weekend for the JFK-ORY In Flight DO and purchased a 2 day parking pass for Thursday and Friday. The ride Thursday was a Spare the Air Day and was free. I was early enough to catch the direct route to SFO. The return trip on Sunday required a transfer at San Bruno, but was seemless and almost too tight of a connection.
Old Jun 28, 08, 2:15 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Pat89339 View Post
I was early enough to catch the direct route to SFO. The return trip on Sunday required a transfer at San Bruno, but was seemless and almost too tight of a connection.
They're timed on purpose.
Old Jun 28, 08, 2:27 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
They're timed on purpose.
I realize that. My comment was that it was almost too tight. If I had not been standing at the door when my train stopped and rushed to the other train, I would have missed the connection. As it was I barely made it across the platform in time. If my train had been delayed 10 seconds or if there were people in front of me at the door, I would have missed the connecting train.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: