Search
Old Aug 11, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
BART STRIKE IS NOW OVER!!!

BART Striking on Friday Oct 18 -
check www.511.org for alternatives

Key steps re the BART labor dispute:
On August 11, 2013, the San Francisco Superior Court, at the request of Governor Brown, issued a preliminary injunction prohibiting a BART strike or lockout for 60 days, (until midnight, October 10, 2013).

As of October 11, 2013, the cooling-off period has ended and the parties continue to negotiate while BART service continues.

At 3:30 p.m. Oct. 17, BART and two bargaining units reached impasse. FMCS did not deem it could be of further service at this time and was heading back to Washington.

As of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 18 BART is CLOSED due to a strike by the 2 major BART unions.

As of Tuesday Oct. 22, BART is expected to re-open by 6am, though full service may not be restored for several hours.. It appears that all issues have been resolved, though the members of both unions must still vote to approve the contracts.
Print Wikipost

Alternatives to/from SFO if BART strike

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I just found out today that there's a shuttle from the Oyster Point Ferry Terminal in South San Francisco to SFO. I saw the buses when I got there this morning:

At San Francisco International Airport, free shuttles will take passengers between the SFO BART station at the International terminal and the Millbrae Caltrain station and the San Francisco Bay Ferry dock in South San Francisco.

http://berkeley.patch.com/groups/pol...rries-berkeley
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: None
The ferry terminal shuttle is just. M to F with commute hour service only, very limited unless it fits your schedule.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
The ferry terminal shuttle is just. M to F with commute hour service only, very limited unless it fits your schedule.
Well, that makes sense given that the shuttle coincides with the ferry schedule which is only M-F. It's just an alternative which I saw a number of people take advantage of today.

http://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/al...uttle-schedule
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:34 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
The strike seems to be over, although trains won't be running the full schedule until tomorrow afternoon/evening

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci...uld-get-trains
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Good news for travelers, traffic should be much better Tuesday if you are trying to get to/from the airport, and of course you will also be able to take BART to SFO or OAK. Everything should be back to normal by Wednesday morning.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:47 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
But as the wiki notes correctly, this is a tentative settlement and subject to approval by the rank-and-file union members. So it's best to regard service as temporarily restored, until the members ratify.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Freeways are a real mess this morning, but mostly due to a few horrendous accidents that have snarled traffic on major arteries. Reported delays of 3 hours to get from East Bay into San Francisco. BART is running with about 1/2 the usual # of trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.