Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
This kind of stuff makes me nervous too. Burn those points/$ ASAP. Keeping a large balance is asking for trouble. I have a feeling e-rewards is taking a turn for the worse.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:28 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SK
I don't see them at all. Here is my available redemptions, filter by "Travel & Lodging". No Iberia or United:

What is weird is that if I navigate to the redemptions page without being logged in, I see both Iberia and United:

I can even click on the, e.g., United redemption, and it appears thus:

(If log in, and go to the same page, via copying-pasting of its URL, it automatically navigates to the default redemptions page, where no United is visible).
By the way, I don't see British Airways in any of the above.
Very strange as I see them when logged in on both on the main redemption page and when filtering by "travel & lodging" and I don't know if contacting e-rewards might open a Pandora's Box
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
British Airways, Avios, and Wall Street Journal have all recently disappeared from both of my accounts. Sad.
Still there for my (UK-based) account. Looks like the list (and removals of partners from) of redemptions could be dependant on your e-rewards region.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:58 am

Yep...

Originally Posted by goalie
...and I don't know if contacting e-rewards might open a Pandora's Box
Pretty sad but very true
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by goalie
Very strange as I see them when logged in on both on the main redemption page and when filtering by "travel & lodging" and I don't know if contacting e-rewards might open a Pandora's Box
I lost all airline partners with the exception of American. Previously, I could redeem with Frontier, Ethiad, Iberia, etc. Pretty much every airline program out there. Now it's just AA. The rest of the hotel/car/store partners are still available.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Havek
I lost all airline partners with the exception of American. Previously, I could redeem with Frontier, Ethiad, Iberia, etc. Pretty much every airline program out there. Now it's just AA. The rest of the hotel/car/store partners are still available.
I've still got all of the airline choices. Hilton remains the sole hotel choice for me, which is how it has been since I first joined, since I joined via an invitation from Honors.

ETA: I see the same airline choices regardless of whether I am logged in or out.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:57 pm
SK

Thumbs down

"Glad" to see I am not alone.
So clearly, different people see different partners now, and several of us have lost partners that were previously available....

Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I'm in the UK, virgin Atlantic disappeared a month or so ago but is back today
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This happened to my husband's account too. His account activities are pretty slow, like not earning more than $100 in a 12 months period. All his last redemption were to Hilton and one Alaska airlines IIRC.
Now the only airline partner is AA. I dont recall he joined the program via AA.

My own account still has all the airlines and hotels partners. I redeemed to AA,UA,AS & BA, plus Hilton on last house cleaning.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 20, 2017 at 7:12 pm
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Happy
This happened to my husband's account too. His account activities are pretty slow, like not earning more than $100 in a 12 months period. All his last redemption were to Hilton and one Alaska airlines IIRC.
Now the only airline partner is AA. I dont recall he joined the program via AA.

My own account still has all the airlines and hotels partners. I redeemed to AA,UA,AS & BA, plus Hilton on last house cleaning.
I too have all the usual Airline redemption opptys, including United, Southwest, JetBlue, AA, Alaska, Frontier, Avios, BA, Air France, Etihad, Iberia & Virgin Atlantic.

I just cleaned out my monies for United and it posted within a few days. I was unaffected by the recent closures but still thought it best to redeem and not hold a lot in e-rewards just in case.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I got in via Delta and the 'all the options' option they gave us after Delta pulled out of the program seems to be sticking. Since IHG is no longer EQ, I'm now crediting to Alaska (ended up with 12K miles with them because of the Virgin merger and figure I might as well build from there) and BA monthly and La Quinta quarterly. I'm also trying to figure out how to add Hertz into that redemption rotation.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may email eRewards to ask why husband's account has only AA left. At one point many years ago he somehow had 2 accounts. We called e-Rewards and the rep merged the 2 accounts together. He had all the options ever since, until now. I did not even know when it was changed to AA only set up.

I joined via IHG. For a long time IHG was the only hotel option. However I have seen all hotel options for the past 2 or 3 years.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 22, 2017 at 5:59 pm
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I've read that the Aer Lingus Aerclub is just derived from avios.com.

Can you make e-rewards Avios redemptions to Aerclub?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:43 pm

My memory sucks (not that it was ever great), but...

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
This kind of stuff makes me nervous too. Burn those points/$ ASAP. Keeping a large balance is asking for trouble. I have a feeling e-rewards is taking a turn for the worse.
wasn't the Hilton redemption option without limits, eg could be used anytime without any waiting period? Now it says once every 60 days...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:03 pm

DP: Choice points post almost instantly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.