Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
Sorry, but I'm not understanding how e-rewards and Hertz tie in to IHG EQ points? Could you please explain? Thanks.
1. $120.00 in e-Rewards Currency -> 1100 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™™ Points ("one (1) redemption per calendar quarter, per Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account and/or e-Rewards member account")
2. 600 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™™ Points -> 1000 IHG Rewards Club Points (EQ)
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
sorry, duplicate
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by wadmak
1. $120.00 in e-Rewards Currency -> 1100 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™™ Points ("one (1) redemption per calendar quarter, per Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account and/or e-Rewards member account")
2. 600 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™™ Points -> 1000 IHG Rewards Club Points (EQ)
Wait wait wait. Hertz Gold Points to IHG, what is this? Never heard. Do you mean you convert Hertz gold points directly on Hertz membership pages to IHG, or some other way?
I have 2100 hertz points hanging with no use and I would be happy to convert them to (EQ) IHG points!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Is is for this site?

<link removed>

If so, that's for the SSI side of the (now merged) company, not the E-Rewards side of Research Now. SSI runs those survey programs for a number of different companies (United, Jet Blue, KLM-Flying Blue, Alaska Le Club Accor, BA, Hawaiian, and IHG just off the top of my head) and you can have accounts in any number of them in addition to e-Rewards. SSI tracks you and lets you do five surveys per day across all of those programs.

While a lot of the SSI surveys seem like more work than it's worth, if you can get the daily 'Pop Rewards' tv survey (the screening question for that one asks you what tv shows you watched yesterday) it's quick and pretty painless if you've only watched one tv show yesterday from their list.
Five surveys across all the SSI programs? The e-rewards is totally separate?

Can I use the same email address for both a SSI and e-rewards account with the SAME airline?

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Looking back, the new Southwest one is the Research Now version of the SSI singleton site. I use one e-mail address for all the following programs, have for many years in many cases, and totally escaped last year's e-Rewards purge. For SSI, they even helpfully populate your demographic profile when you sign up for a new singleton account with an old address so you don't have to go through the repeat of explaining how you're a Hispanic chainsmoker living in Iowa with a household income of $200K a year and who has three kids under age 18.

The mutiple redemption programs:
e-Rewards
e-miles

The SSI singletons
Opinion Miles Club (United)
Points for Surveys (Jet Blue)
Rewards for Thoughts (BA)
Club Opinions (Accor)
Opinion Check-in (IHG)
Opinion Terminal (Alaska)

The Research Now Singletons (looks similar to the Southwest one you posted)
Jet Opinions (Jet Blue)
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Wait wait wait. Hertz Gold Points to IHG, what is this? Never heard. Do you mean you convert Hertz gold points directly on Hertz membership pages to IHG, or some other way?
I have 2100 hertz points hanging with no use and I would be happy to convert them to (EQ) IHG points!
Yes, you can convert Hertz Gold Points to hotel points, IHG, Marriott and probably one or two others. Can do it online from your Hertz account.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
But wait

600 hertz - 1000 IHG is a terrible ratio. Maybe if you really need the couple thousand elite miles but dang I don’t think I’m a taker especially considering hertz redemptions are once per quarter. I’ve been getting some really good value from one way 1,100 hertz redemptions lately that had cost $250+

3,000 IHG points compared to almost a 7 day free car rental (2,750 .. one ereward redemption away for you ^^^^)

thanks for the info though I guess it could be useful to somebody !
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

But wait

600 hertz - 1000 IHG is a terrible ratio. Maybe if you really need the couple thousand elite miles but dang I don’t think I’m a taker especially considering hertz redemptions are once per quarter. I’ve been getting some really good value from one way 1,100 hertz redemptions lately that had cost $250+

3,000 IHG points compared to almost a 7 day free car rental (2,750 .. one ereward redemption away for you ^^^^)

thanks for the info though I guess it could be useful to somebody !
Of course you're right, but for someone who doesn't rent cars very often, and especially if their Hertz points are about to expire, the conversion would be better than nothing.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:56 pm

Me again.

FYI VAFC miles 2 points still IHG EQ
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
robin,
E-Rewards has no customer service. The company is researchnow.com try getting through at that company.

On another subject for today:
WARNING: I say do not do any survery from "Liebermann Surveys." You will get through most of survey, and then it cuts you out after they get so much information. They will not pay you. It is a scam, but only the Liebermann surveys. Other surveys OK.
I've found e-Rewards/Research Now to be pretty responsive when I get kicked out of a survey near the end. Earlier this week I had clicked through giant lists of life insurance companies and other service businesses, rating them on multiple aspects, and got kicked out after answering a few demographics questions at the end. I used the "Contact Us" button on the e-Rewards site and a day later they credited my account with $5.00. This happened a few months ago on an interminable survey on wines and I also got credit. My hope is that they'll respond to complaints because the only thing they have to sell is a group of people who spend money and offer honest, thoughtful answers their clients can use. Alienate that group and they have nothing to sell.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Yes, you can convert Hertz Gold Points to hotel points, IHG, Marriott and probably one or two others. Can do it online from your Hertz account.
This must be an american thing or something since I find nowhere in my account a way/tab where I could convert points.

And I have never in 2 years been able to redeem hertz cars with points. Weird but true. Never. Scam like

sorry for OT
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I just had problems redeeming points to the British Airways Executive Club. I was using Safari. I just tried again using Google Chrome and it worked fine.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:42 pm

This must be an american thing or something since I find nowhere in my account a way/tab where I could convert points.

And I have never in 2 years been able to redeem hertz cars with points. Weird but true. Never. Scam like

sorry for OT
From My Account -> Use my points -> Exchange My Points
To redeem for rental you must call. I've done it, no problem at all. It does not work online.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:40 am

Just had an account temporarily inaccessible due to inactivity is their reason but was used regularly? Looks like they may be up to their old tricks again!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Any recent data points on how long it's taking IHG points to post from an e-rewards redemption?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.