FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   E-rewards [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/935173-e-rewards-master-thread.html)

FullTimeFlyer Jul 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I went to belatedly sign up Mrs FullTimeFlyer for e-rewards; she has a small and slowly growing Delta account (and another small NWA account) but with the combo coming it's worth doing.

Although e-rewards still lists Delta and NWA as partners, I can't find any mention of e-rewards on either site. :( It is SkyMiles (or WorldPerks and then SkyMiles) that I want her to earn, so I'm wondering what the heck is going on. Are they still really partners? Is this a situation where I can/should try to make her a hotel account and then spend the e-rewards points on SkyMiles? If I remember correctly you get fewer redemption opportunities that way, but it beats nothing if I can't sign her up through Delta or NWA, I guess.

Anyone know more? :confused: Thanks.

FTF

neuromancer Jul 20, 2009 6:54 am

If you sign up throuh an airline, you can redeem only to that airline. If you sigh up through a hotel program, you can redeem to any airline partner.

FullTimeFlyer Jul 20, 2009 7:01 am

Thanks, Neuromancer. That's helpful. Anyone know anything about the disappearance of e-rewards from the Delta and NWA web pages? (I saw them just a while ago, when I mentioned this to a friend and sent a link.) I'd hate to have her spend a bunch of time on it and then have it go the way of AA, which dropped out. (Bad marital plan :o)

Brendan Jul 20, 2009 8:42 am

What are the present restictions on frequency (Once per calendar year, calendar quarter, rolling 6-months, unlimited) for each airline & hotel co.?
Also, can we still get BA miles?

ktremor Jul 20, 2009 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 12093101)
What are the present restictions on frequency (Once per calendar year, calendar quarter, rolling 6-months, unlimited) for each airline & hotel co.?
Also, can we still get BA miles?

Flying Blue- 180 days
Air Tran-180 days
BMI-1 per calendar quarter
Continental- 180 days
Delta- 180 days
Frontier- 1 per calendar quarter
Mexicana- 1 per calendar quarter
NWA- 180 days
US Airways- 180 days
Virgin Atlantic- 1 per calendar quarter

Priority Club- No Limitations
HHonors- 90 days

BA Exec club is not one of the current partners.

Brendan Jul 20, 2009 10:46 am

Oh-so-thank-U, Ktremor!

ExitRowAisle Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ktremor (Post 12093307)
Flying Blue- 180 days
Air Tran-180 days
Continental- 180 days
Delta- 180 days
NWA- 180 days
US Airways- 180 days

HHonors- 90 days

I'm pretty sure that Delta is once per quarter -- not twice per year. I went back and confirmed that I redeemed e-rewards twice in a 4-1/2 month span.

bj2757 Jul 20, 2009 11:20 am

At the (slow) rate the surveys are coming redeeming once a year may be a problem :-) I did get a flurry of 3 or 4 a month or so ago - that makes 3 or 4 so far this year.

neuromancer Jul 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Actually it is, but you have to sign up through BA and will have no access to anything else (including shopping gift cards and hotel points). Once per quarter.

I'm not sure, but think that if you have signed up through an airline partner, redemptions to it are once per quarter and just to this partner, if you have access to all the partners then redemptions are once per 180 days

ramfunes Jul 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Flying Blue- 180 days
Air Tran-180 days
Continental- 180 days
Delta- 180 days
NWA- 180 days
US Airways- 180 days

HHonors- 90 days

How can you redeem for BMI or Mexicana miles?
I just have the Delta option, Priority club and HHonors on my e-rewards account.
Thanks for your answer

neuromancer Jul 20, 2009 2:21 pm

ramfunes, there is no way unless you sign up for another account through the correct partner (and probably close the current one, as T&C say one account per person)
Or you can post a trade in Coupon conection.

Brendan Jul 20, 2009 2:23 pm

A year or 2 ago, e-r started allowing 1 DL (also NW?) redemption per calendar quarter for those who had signed up via that airline's invitation. Maybe this explains Ktremor's report vs. ExitRowAisle's?

ktremor Jul 21, 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer (Post 12094945)
Actually it is, but you have to sign up through BA and will have no access to anything else (including shopping gift cards and hotel points). Once per quarter.

I'm not sure, but think that if you have signed up through an airline partner, redemptions to it are once per quarter and just to this partner, if you have access to all the partners then redemptions are once per 180 days

That is probably correct because I went back and checked Delta for my account, which is entrolled through Priority Club, and it is 180 days:

Redemption Limitation

One Reward redemption per 6 months (180 days) per SkyMiles® account and/or e-Rewards Member account.

Someone asked BMI and Mexicana, the Priority Club e-rewards allow you to redeem to them for the following amounts:

Mexicana:
$25 Level 500 MexicanaGO Points
$50 Level 1000 MexicanaGO Points
$100 Level 2000 MexicanaGO Points

BMI
$25 Level 500 Diamond Club destinations miles
$50 Level 1,000 Diamond Club destinations miles
$100 Level 2,000 Diamond Club destinations miles

Points Surfer Jul 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Finnaallllyyyy....got over $100 for the 2nd time. With the economy slow its fewer calls for surveys by sponsors so the last $25 took forever. Don't mind it when its flowing along but the drought lately spoiled the fun. Cashing in on HH points and moving on until things p/u.

Got the rollover to June 30, 2010 earlier in Feb but never the Member of our Preferred Research Panel offer.

Payout is so bad you have to open extra accounts under separate emails/addresses. US ones get 5x the surveys as Canadian one's lately folks.

missyblog Aug 11, 2009 5:31 pm

I joined ERewards quite some time ago, and have been trying to keep up with their continued inflated points to make a 'purchase'. Last week, I discovered that they removed $54. from my account; they have yet to return the money earned. I figure this survey is paying aout $3. an hour, so one would think that they would make it easier and worthwhile to remain part of their program.