FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   E-rewards [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/935173-e-rewards-master-thread.html)

Tiki May 6, 2009 10:15 pm

I was lured into this in March by Priority Club. Since then, I have been sent a couple surveys a week but I keep getting kicked out at the end and told I do not meet their criteria. I have been trying to keep my answers moderate and always leaving a door open so they see me as a potential customer. I got all the way to the end of one about cosmetics and told them I use a couple brands so they would be encouraged to keep me on their books but got kicked out at the end for no reason I could see. I wish I knew what they want to hear. I think I got something ridiculous like .25 cents when the survey was advertised at $6. I currently have about $9.50, once I get to the minimum for some PC points, I am outta there.

relativelynormal May 6, 2009 11:40 pm

I always get surveys in cycles or spurts. At times I'll go a month without receiving anything at all from them. Then I'll get like 4 or 5 in two weeks. My personal favorite survey they offer is the one where they ask you whether or not you have read magazine x. Then they proceed to ask you a bunch of questions on the ads in that page. It's a little tedious but it is a quick and easy $3. I'm pretty sure there is a way you can pick the answers to make sure you'll qualify for the full amount and not get like $0.25.

ladysheri May 6, 2009 11:43 pm

For anyone who is still receiving a fair number of surveys, could you share an overview of your profile?
I have been doing eRewards for almost a year and generally receive 5-7 a week--one almost every day. There was a little lull--maybe December and January where it dropped down to one a week or less, but is back up to normal now.

I am female, over 35, work full-time for a financial institution, and have a college degree. Most of the surveys that I "qualify" for seem to be for retail type products/services...beverages, shopping, makeup, travel (lots of them), and phone services. I do not make it very far on any IT or media-related ones. At the end of any where I do not qualify, I always click the "more" button and give them more info about me. I think this helps get more opportunities. YMMV :)

S

sjuhawk_jd May 8, 2009 12:39 pm

e-rewards Transfer to Delta

Can I use my e-rewards currency to transfer into Delta miles for my wife's Delta account? We have different last last names.

Thanks

Vic

neuromancer May 8, 2009 3:06 pm

Yes you can, just change the name of your e-rewards account to match the Delta account (My Account -> Update contact info)

ChaseTheMiles May 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Just noticed a $1 reward good for $15 off on FTD Flowers and expiring tomorrow.

AsiaTraveler May 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles (Post 11725637)
Just noticed a $1 reward good for $15 off on FTD Flowers and expiring tomorrow.

However, that $15 off will prevent you from earning miles, getting regular discounts on the site, etc. It basically sends you through a preferred link where everything is full price, and then you get $15 off of that.

rove312 May 10, 2009 3:58 pm

I got, I think, four offers to watch the pilot of a TV series. I was reluctant because I think video on an old survey knocked my old computer out, but I was confident enough that my current PC can handle it, was accepted by one survey, and it brought my balance up $12.

jgates8 May 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Just as a note - if you are using a e-mail provider that is not a hotmail account, yahoo etc., they may be blocking them. I have found that my CenturyTel e-mail account, despite the fact that it is supposed to deliver any junk to the spam folder, will still totally not bring in some messages. My e-rewards totally stopped for about 3 months. I changed the e-mail address to a hotmail address & they resumed again within a day or two. So it might be worth trying to change your e-mail address. I ended up losing a winning Coke Edo code or two before I realized Century Tel was never bringing in my winning e-mails too.

jgates8 May 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Is it ok to change it back again afterwards or will they hassle you? Also, would this cause a problem if a husband and wife both had an account? In other words will it not let you redeem from multiple accounts into the same Hilton account/Airline account or will it reject since it would appear one person had multiple accounts?

bj2757 May 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Someone earlier said they "refreshed" their profile info and that seemed to generate some surveys. I hadn't received any in awhile so I refreshed mine and got 3 surveys in 4 days (non that I qualified for unfortunately) - maybe just a coincidence.

Brendan May 14, 2009 8:32 pm

True, Jgates8! One DL acct. can receive only one e-rewards transfer per calendar quarter, last I've heard. So Sjuhawk_jd can put DL into his wife's DL only if neither she nor anyone else has/ will deposit(ed) to her DL between April 1--June 30.

yanxfann May 15, 2009 7:12 am

Somewhat along the same lines but for Northwest rather than Delta: I just did a redemption from my own e-rewards acct into my NWA acct in conjunction with the Pile On the Miles promo. Can I now do another redemption of some of my remaining e-rewards into a non-family member's (say a FT'er) NWA account?

Brendan May 16, 2009 9:53 am

Nope, Yanxfann! U have used up your 1 NW redemption until whatever time limit has passed. Remember that all this name changing on acct.s is an error in e-r's system--they didn't intend to allow it!

3rivers May 23, 2009 12:26 pm

I can only transfer e-rewards to NWA. Are you saying that for the promotions, I could transfer say $50 erewards to NWA for person A and person A could reciprocate and transfer $50 erewards to my Delta account?

I need another partner for the Delta pile on the miles promo - that's why I am asking