FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   E-rewards [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/935173-e-rewards-master-thread.html)

Open Jaw Mar 27, 2009 9:35 am

I was receiving surveys about every 10 days or so. Two days ago I redeemed $50 and since then I have received 5 surveys. My year ends 3/31.

agl120854 Mar 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks, this thread just made me check the account since no activity in past year. Its still there, not sure why surveys dried up. Was very useful the first few years, but no longer.

cak144 May 1, 2009 9:47 pm

How does a person get an invitation to join E-Rewards? I belong to several airline ff programs including US Airways and Delta both of which partner with ER, I believe. Thanks.

bj2757 May 2, 2009 6:51 am

This is what their web site says:

Joining e-Rewards is FREE and by invitation only. Our Sponsors send invitations to their customers inviting them to join the program. If you've provided your e-mail address to one of our Sponsor companies, you could receive an invitation to join e-Rewards.

The list of partners is on their site. For me anyway compared to past years the surveys have slowed to a trickle and most of the time I don't qualify for the few I get so I end up with 25 or 50 cents each time. At $25 for the smallest airline reward it's hard to get there from here.

Good luck.

neuromancer May 2, 2009 7:48 am

Some airlines have permanent invitations posted in "Partners" sections of their sites. Examples are BA, Air France, BMI, you can check the websites. Your reward choices will be limited to Hilton, PC and the airline, or just BA if you choose BA.
If you are subscribed to Blockbuster for some time, you maj get a Blockbuster invitation, which will allow you to redeem to any airline partner, except BA.
I suppose the number of surveys received depends on your sponsor.

pgary May 2, 2009 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by cak144 (Post 11680735)
How does a person get an invitation to join E-Rewards? I belong to several airline ff programs including US Airways and Delta both of which partner with ER, I believe. Thanks.

There are some links to invitations on my website below. Look in Other Programs I Like > Surveys > e-rewards

lin821 May 2, 2009 7:13 pm

Profile Matters!

Originally Posted by neuromancer (Post 11681932)
I suppose the number of surveys received depends on your sponsor.

I would say what matters is your personal profiles.

e-Rewards is about market research. To be more specific, I think it's more geared toward business management/executives) and technology. Some high-value surveys are targeted toward these clientile. If you don't fit the profile, you won't get survey. If you don't fit their screening criteria, you don't get to finish the survey and no full credit.

The the best of my knowledge, e-Rewards sponsors may only affect your redemption options. Certain sponsors only allow you to redeem for certain FFPs, such as Delta, NW, e-Miles...etc. Some are less restrictive.

Look around our SPAM Forum, there are quite a few (long) e-Rewards threads on this very topic (sponsors & redemption restircitions).

monitor May 2, 2009 8:07 pm

About a year and change ago I redeemed $100 for HH points (I do not remember how many I got at the time). This thread reminded me to check the account and my membership year ends 12/31/09 so I have plenty of time. Since then I have accumulated another $165 so it appears that I have been holding firm at getting about $100 per year from them.

However, even though I am older than the average around here, I get these surveys on a regular basis and sometimes do not get thrown out after the first few questions. There are never any questions about dining out or any consumer products. What they continually want to know is about my company's preferences in tech support and office products or my own preferences in banking and investments.

I am going back to the reward chart to cash in another $100 of points since that is effectively the top reward tier and there is no point in not doing so.

FFLASV May 3, 2009 1:29 pm

I joined e-rewards a couple of years ago and was receiving one survey about every 5 to 7 days. In the last three months or so that has falled off to only about one every three weeks. I am not sure why, no changes in my profile.

neuromancer May 3, 2009 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by FFLASV (Post 11687480)
... In the last three months or so that has falled off to only about one every three weeks. I am not sure why, no changes in my profile.

The current economy situation.

6am at ORD May 3, 2009 2:54 pm

deleted

Cheapskate Travels May 3, 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer (Post 11687549)
The current economy situation.

Sometimes we can get myopic about this. We do surveys, they give us some scrip which we trade for miles/points. On the other side of the equation someone is paying for market research to a company who then, in turn, pays e-rewards for the completed surveys.

Bad economy equals fewer marketing campaigns, fewer product launches, etc.

Ergo, less scrip per survey and less surveys overall.

E-rewards itself could begin having revenue problems itself at some point in the near future as their business dries up.

robhakari May 3, 2009 8:55 pm

i just completed a $6 survey to cash out 1000 NW miles (which put me at 25012 miles:D)

I think in the last 12 months i've gotten $150-$200 total in surveys

benjie May 5, 2009 10:12 am

For anyone who is still receiving a fair number of surveys, could you share an overview of your profile?

Thanks!

flying chef May 5, 2009 11:55 am

Decline in Surveys

I've had 3 in the past two months. Once I reach the $25 plateau, I will cash out for miles.