Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:44 am

Are there any working links still to join erewards?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I think there are links from British Airways and avios.com (which will close soon).
UK addresses, Avios only.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mirror74
Another fraudulent survey from OpinionBar... just get to 99%, then survey says click on the arrow to get your rewards, but there is no arrow and Web page automatically moves to the OpinonBar website... you get zero. Cheap .......s.
I've not ever seen an OpinionBar survey, because they all end for me with:

It looks like your browser is not supported to proceed to the next survey phase. Please use one of the below mentioned browsers latest version to take the survey.

Chrome,52
Firefox,38
Microsoft Edge,13
Opera,36
Safari,8
360 Browser,52
If this somewhat obscure message means I need Firefox to be above version 38, it is, so the message is wrong. I've tried forging my User Agent and it still errors out. Of course, it does not return to e-rewards from this page, it's just stuck in the unfinished survey list until I get rid of it.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:49 am

Hoping I might get some help from the board with an e-Rewards redemption.

On April 9, I requested a redemption for Choice Privileges points. As usual, I got a quick email acknowledging the "purchase":
REWARD DETAILS:
Your Choice Privileges account will be credited with 1000 Choice Privileges points within 2-3 weeks.

It's now been a month and no CP points.

I sent in a ticket to e-Rewards and got the following gobbledygoop:

Thanks for your message. We €™re sorry to hear you €™ve been experiencing issues redeeming rewards.

Please note, e-Rewards Points/Currency earned from surveys are NOT automatically transferred to partner accounts or converted into gift cards. In order to enjoy your chosen reward, you must first manually redeem your Reward from the Reward Center. Here €™s a reminder of how it works:

1. Head to the Reward Center from your e-Rewards account
2. Select the Brand and Reward Level you wish to redeem
3. Verify your redemption via your phone

And enjoy! Don €™t forget, you can also find a number of rewards available directly from the Rewards page.

Not received your reward?
Your earnings will be transferred into your selected partner account within 4 weeks, or converted into a gift card ready to use soon as it €™s received. Electronic gift cards can take up to 2 hours to arrive while physical gift cards will be dispatched within 4-6 weeks.

Trouble with account validation?
For data security purposes, we ask you to confirm your redemptions with a valid phone number. Once you €™ve selected your reward, we €™ll prompt you to confirm your mobile number and send you a unique verification code. Simply enter this code on the next screen to verify your account and enjoy your reward. Don €™t worry if you don €™t have a mobile phone, you can also confirm your account using your landline.

Please note: if you wish to redeem more than one reward within a 7-day period, you may be asked to repeat your mobile verification each time you do.

Did we solve your problem?
If the above didn €™t answer your queries, please get in touch by replying to this email and telling us what €™s wrong. We €™ll endeavour to get back to you within 48 hours.

Kind regards,

The e-Rewards Team

Any idea how I"m supposed to "verify my redemption via phone"? I do have a phone number on file with e-rewards but wasn't sent a code.
I did "reply to the email" as suggested, and was ignored for a week.
I then tried sending a new ticket, specifically referencing the first one and asking that they please not send a canned response.
Of course, they sent the canned response.

I'm in a loop - any idea how to get out of it?

Last edited by DarcyMae; May 7, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old May 8, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
You got their wonderfully worthless automated reply - the computer just looks at the topic of your request, ignores your actual question and spits back a pile of crap from the T&C or some other pile of text at you. It generally happens with first requests on a lot of things and it drives people kind of crazy. But usually they reply in person when you write back. I'd suggest writing again in reply to the first or second e-mails - usually you get a response and maybe you were just unlucky last time. It shouldn't be a lottery but I guess it is. Good luck!
FTF
Old May 14, 2018, 3:50 pm

No US-based places to sign up and enroll for e-rewards for about a year now. How is this company getting its surveys done given its closed enrollment and purging of members.

Any ways left to enrol?
Old May 14, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
It is letting those of us left do more surveys per day- used to only be 3 per day and sometimes it's 8+. They're also farming out some of the surveys to other survey routers- sometimes e-miles/Peanut Labs, sometimes further afield.
mirror74 likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
No US-based places to sign up and enroll for e-rewards for about a year now. How is this company getting its surveys done given its closed enrollment and purging of members.
There have always been issues of quality over quantity for survey companies, especially online ones. I guess they have decided to take the huge number of users they already have, prune the ones they have issues with, and then have a reliable pool of users to perform their surveys.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Now they are merged with SSI at the top end, it may be that their recruitment policy has changed, especially if SSI's is cheaper!
Old May 15, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
It is letting those of us left do more surveys per day- used to only be 3 per day and sometimes it's 8+. They're also farming out some of the surveys to other survey routers- sometimes e-miles/Peanut Labs, sometimes further afield.
I agree with both- I seem to be racking up points pretty easily but given the limits on number of redemptions for the ones I really want (Hilton and Starbucks) I'm not finding hem as useful as they used to be. Currently redeeming them for small amounts of miles on my less-active airline accounts while waiting for the next Hilton and Starbucks redemptions.

A family member said that she answers surveys in return for credits she can use in on-line video games. Her descriptions of providing large amounts of useful feedback and then getting kicked out with the minimum credit sounded suspiciously like the experiences most of us have had with e-Rewards.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Scam survey

Yet another one.

Survey about travel - 90% through and kicked out.

Starts by asking about international flights in the last 3 months.

EDIT: Didn't even get the poxy 25 points.

Last edited by The_Bouncer; May 17, 2018 at 6:50 am
Old May 17, 2018, 7:23 pm

Similar experience as above poster with surveys no longer being limited to 3 per day but at the same time not finding them as useful as before. If they did away with the 1 Hilton redemption per 60 day rule things would be an entirely different story. As someone who prides himself on maximizing the value of his points/time, I'm embarrassed to say I've redeemed for Macy's, Starbucks, and Amazon. I just hate letting my balance get too high with the reported shutdown issues.

I know people have good luck with Hertz redemption but I find myself never renting cars. If I wanted to earn United, Southwest, and British Airways miles my time would be better spent MS on an Ultimate Reward card versus filling out the surveys. #firstworldproblems

I guess I need to look at this as an additional avenue and stop overthinking it. British Airways doesn't seem all that bad at second glance being $35 per 1000 as I'm located in an AA hub.
The_Bouncer likes this.

Last edited by Ctrix65513; May 17, 2018 at 7:44 pm Reason: -
Old May 20, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: AA, Honors, Skymiles
non-us ip

Has anyone ever made it work with a non-US IP? is it against the rules?
Old May 20, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GreatLeader
You may just get kicked out. I live in the US and have been an e-Rewards member for years but when I tried to complete a survey from Costa Rica when I was traveling, I clicked on the "Start Survey" button and got a message that I wasn't in one of the eligible countries for that survey. So, they do check.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by GreatLeader
You basically have to apply from the country in which you are based. There are about a dozen countries available, but I don't know how many offer invitations. UK and Brazil still offered invitations a couple of weeks ago.
If you have a US account, you need to do the surveys from a US IP address AND need to have a US telephone number to redeem your $s. IP based telephones do not work, in my experience.
Also to note, there are much more surveys available to US accounts than to the rest of the world. But if you cannot redeem due to lack of a telephone number it is of no use to do a lot of surveys...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.