Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by brabb12
So I have a big question to ask everyone, I have about $400 e-reward dollars. What would be the best offer that I should redeem my dollars for? I want to redeem it towards hotels or airfare or car rental. But I wanna get the most out of the points that I transfer to. What do you guys transfer your rewards to?
IMHO, it will be hard for anyone to answer other than you should transfer to whatever you need/want most at the time.

But, FYI, I use my eRewards for Hilton, Hertz, and whichever airline account I want to top off. To me there's no big difference in value in redeeming for one vs the other/s. I just redeem for whatever I need/want most at the time.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The best hotel deals are probably IHG or Accor depending on your stay patterns because you can redeem an unlimited number of times a year and they've posted as elite-qualifying points. You'd get 16K IHG points and gold status for $400 e-Rewards or 6625 Accor points (value a little more than 120 euros) and silver status in that program.

If you can play the Avios game in a way that wasn't whacked too much by the recent devaluations, Iberia Avios are pretty good and aren't geography-locked like the Avios Avios option are. For US travel, Southwest is pretty decent. I don't know enough about Jet Blue to say if that one is a good value.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
The best hotel deals are probably IHG or Accor depending on your stay patterns because you can redeem an unlimited number of times a year and they've posted as elite-qualifying points. You'd get 16K IHG points and gold status for $400 e-Rewards or 6625 Accor points (value a little more than 120 euros) and silver status in that program.

If you can play the Avios game in a way that wasn't whacked too much by the recent devaluations, Iberia Avios are pretty good and aren't geography-locked like the Avios Avios option are. For US travel, Southwest is pretty decent. I don't know enough about Jet Blue to say if that one is a good value.

I wish they would offer Avios for the US, they only offer American airlines aadvantage miles. Which I am a member of, but I don't like the fact that I can only redeem every 30 days.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:43 pm

If you got into e-Rewards via a non-airline program, the BA Avios should show up as an additional redemption option (I got in via Delta, and got all the USA options when Delta ended participation) .

But if you've got a way of merging your Avios accounts and are a heavy survey person, you can get 3000 Iberia Avios every 30 days (largest redemption option there) compared to only 1000 BA Avios per 30 days.

Or fi you're really clipping along with the surveys and have all the USA redemption options, you could do one of each and get 4K Avios a month.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I wish they would offer Avios for the US, they only offer American airlines aadvantage miles. Which I am a member of, but I don't like the fact that I can only redeem every 30 days.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:21 am

You're lucky! I can only redeem for a given program every 90 days! At least 2 of my airlines are options. Worse for my wife...she's only got one meaningful redemption, and so she can't get all her miles out.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:26 am

So I have a big question to ask everyone, I have about $400 e-reward dollars. What would be the best offer that I should redeem my dollars for? I want to redeem it towards hotels or airfare or car rental. But I wanna get the most out of the points that I transfer to. What do you guys transfer your rewards to?
You're brave! I don't usually hold onto many more miles than necessary for my next redemption, ever since an early miles-earning program went bankrupt and took my miles with it. Account holders are just another kind of creditor, and all those debts were wiped out in bankruptcy.

I guess these days the programs are less generous and more financially stable, though...only wish you the best and many more years of earnings of course. But I keep 'em moving out to their final destination.

FTF
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:37 am

I an holding out for the first of the year for IHG because e-Rewards does seem stable and I've already made what status I could for 2015, so might as well have the next batch of elite points, if it's still st up that way, credit for qualification for the following calendar year. It's really the only rewards program I let a balance build up because of that timing issue.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I an holding out for the first of the year for IHG because e-Rewards does seem stable and I've already made what status I could for 2015, so might as well have the next batch of elite points, if it's still st up that way, credit for qualification for the following calendar year. It's really the only rewards program I let a balance build up because of that timing issue.
If you're holding for 2016 status I would probably transfer those to IHG points on Jan 1. A few posts around these parts seem to indicate IHG is cracking down on non-stay elite qualifying points.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
If you're holding for 2016 status I would probably transfer those to IHG points on Jan 1. A few posts around these parts seem to indicate IHG is cracking down on non-stay elite qualifying points.
I'm planning as much since I've never really felt like there was a guarantee the e-Rewards elite loophole would last and have been pleasantly surprised it's worked this long.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 6:13 pm

If you were invited by aa, then yes aa will be the only airline available. As such, you should be able to see all hotel partners right now.

Had you been invited by IHG, you would see IHG as the only hotel partner, but see all the partner airlines affiliated with the program, including BA and Iberia
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Has there been a complete lack of surveys in the last couple of weeks, or is it just me?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have been dead on 3 of my 4 accounts
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

No issues here. Maybe click thru old emails or use the erewards app.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've been getting 2-3 a day, mostly for business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.