Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
I did $30 exchange for 1000 elite qualifying IHG Points (which should be called Priority Club Points), and it arrived in my account in 3 days. I'm happy with that!
I think IHG is normally on about a 7-14 day interval for the e-Rewards system doing a sweep and transfer. I just got my latest 4K points after cashing out on the last day of September.

I would like to seriously thank the people who pointed out that you can get 1-2 surveys a day on the app. I have now gotten a nice shiny 40K in IHG points courtesy of e-Rewards this year, all of them elite-qualifying. I am amused that there's a perfectly legit elite hack like that and hope they keep it for 2016 because it would be even funnier if I could largely manage to pull off Spire via surveys.

e-Rewards, Platinum elite, y'all!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spock Seat

I did $30 exchange for 1000 elite qualifying IHG Points (which should be called Priority Club Points), and it arrived in my account in 3 days. I'm happy with that!

I think IHG is normally on about a 7-14 day interval for the e-Rewards system doing a sweep and transfer. I just got my latest 4K points after cashing out on the last day of September.

I would like to seriously thank the people who pointed out that you can get 1-2 surveys a day on the app. I have now gotten a nice shiny 40K in IHG points courtesy of e-Rewards this year, all of them elite-qualifying. I am amused that there's a perfectly legit elite hack like that and hope they keep it for 2016 because it would be even funnier if I could largely manage to pull off Spire via surveys.

e-Rewards, Platinum elite, y'all!
It used to be even easier to earn top tier, platinum status, I believe all points earned counted towards elite status. I'm glad they tightened things up, though I too love the elite qualifying aspect of Erewards>Ihg... I'm hoping to hit Spire this year !
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I did not get serious about the e-Rewards app until maybe late May, so missed out on the chance to really go for it this year. The program's been stable enough I feel okay with stockpiling the last quarter of 2015 and then hopefully doing a status dump on January 1 for the first 8-16K for next year's qualifying, provided things stay EQ.

If they lose the EQ, I might end up moving over to Accor for my redemptions since I think I could make that program work well for a European vacation.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Why?
The question is "Why should [IHG Points] be called "Priority Club Points" like it was previously?" Because 1) it sounds better, 2) it was a proven brand, 3) IHG (to me anyway) only relates to the Intercontinental Hotel chain inside the IC Group of hotel brands (even though now it doesn't), 4) IHG Points = devaluation; Priority Club Points = re-evaluation.

That's why moi is an Ambassador, and not really any of that IHG stuff any more.

But again, I liked the 3 days for the e-rewards transfer!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you happen to have two accounts with E-Rewards, do not send any questions or complaints... I did and they erased my other account completely, stating (rightfully) their T&C...
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:55 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by mirror74
If you happen to have two accounts with E-Rewards, do not send any questions or complaints... I did and they erased my other account completely, stating (rightfully) their T&C...
Use different email accounts for each account.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Done that, but I guess they found same first and surnames at both account... E-mails were different
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:05 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Done that, but I guess they found same first and surnames at both account... E-mails were different
Use different names too. When it comes time to redeem, it doesn't matter where you request the points/miles to go.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Quote:

Use different names too. When it comes time to redeem, it doesn't matter where you request the points/miles to go.
You're saying it doesn't matter if the names match? I was always under the impression it had to be the same name as the FF program you were sending it to. I know for a fact the addresses don't matter as mine are all screwy
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Names have to match, at least for most of the redemptions. But you can change to a false name in between redemptions.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:33 am

I got an invitation from SW to participate in e-rewards, and I'd be rewarded with 500 points after my first survey. I must have tried 8 surveys so far, and after spending up to 10 minutes per survey answering questions I was told each time that I didn't qualify for some reason. What a huge waste of time. I feel like SW/e-rewards scammed me out of hours of answering questions. I hate feeling used like this and am ticked I didn't search for other people's experiences with this bait and switch survey company.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:29 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by ThisIsMyChosenUserName
I got an invitation from SW to participate in e-rewards, and I'd be rewarded with 500 points after my first survey. I must have tried 8 surveys so far, and after spending up to 10 minutes per survey answering questions I was told each time that I didn't qualify for some reason. What a huge waste of time. I feel like SW/e-rewards scammed me out of hours of answering questions. I hate feeling used like this and am ticked I didn't search for other people's experiences with this bait and switch survey company.

Your experience is vastly different than mine.

First, it should not take more than a few minutes to get dq'd from any survey. Even if you do, you get partial credit. Hours? I find that hard to believe.

Next, every survey has a different target audience. Eventually you will get one, and get your 500 bonus miles.

I am regularly getting a few thousand AA miles and a few thousand IHG points every single month through this, even though I get dq'd from a little less than half the surveys I try to take.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
IME, even if you don't qualify, you have taken the survey and you will be awarded your 500 bonus miles. You should go to the reward central and there should be free 500 miles to redeem (unless SW works differently to others)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyChosenUserName
I must have tried 8 surveys so far, and after spending up to 10 minutes per survey answering questions I was told each time that I didn't qualify for some reason. What a huge waste of time.
I've had some of those and usually when I inform customer service with full details of the survey, they check into it and give me full credit. Some of the survey providers try to cheat e-rewards and us when they ask 10 mins of questions and then say we don't qualify. (Or, worst case, don't even provide a link back to e-rewards, so we get nothing!) Those are obvious cases of harvesting data and trying not to pay for it and it's no doubt best if you can give them specific data about the cheats so that they can deal with them.

Most of the time, surveys either reject you within 5 or 6 questions, which is pretty good value for 25-50c, or run to completion and pay the full amount.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

So I have a big question to ask everyone, I have about $400 e-reward dollars. What would be the best offer that I should redeem my dollars for? I want to redeem it towards hotels or airfare or car rental. But I wanna get the most out of the points that I transfer to. What do you guys transfer your rewards to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.