Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Just did a New Year's points dump for IHG, and e-rewards's T&C for the redemption now explicitly says:

Nice to start the year with 12K points towards that with no cash outlay on my part.
Nice! I wish I had IHG on my rewards. I signed up with Hilton and have dumped quite a bit into that account - but I prefer IHG. How did you get 12K at one time? With Hilton the most I can do is $100 for 7,000 and I'm still waiting for the 90 days to expire so I can do it again.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
IHG doesn't seem to have a limit on redemptions, so I did 3x$100 e-rewards currency for 4,000 IHG points each.

My original e-Rewards partner was Northwest, and when Delta ended its relationship with e-Rewards, they just gave everyone who was with that partner access to the whole catalog for their country. So it ended up being lucky for the ex-Delta folks.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Yes, it's a bit odd, e-rewards redemptions count towards elite status on IHG, but Bing Rewards redemptions do not. Wonder why the difference. tls
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:16 am

IHG doesn't seem to have a limit on redemptions, so I did 3x$100 e-rewards currency for 4,000 IHG points each.

My original e-Rewards partner was Northwest, and when Delta ended its relationship with e-Rewards, they just gave everyone who was with that partner access to the whole catalog for their country. So it ended up being lucky for the ex-Delta folks.
I also originally joined through Hilton. Does e-Rewards still give a worse deal on Hilton points to everyone who joined via some other path?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:36 am

I'm not a Hilton person and see $125 for 7,000 HHPs.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I'm not a Hilton person and see $125 for 7,000 HHPs.
That's one of the std rewards for HH points and I redeem it every 90 days
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Aaaah, it happened again. I completed a $4.00 survey on Visa and account security, and after completion (about 15 minutes), it told me that that the survey was closed, and gave me credit for $0.25. tls
This has happened to me twice this week. Also, some pop up saying $2.50, click the link, and then they offer $2.00. Others said 20 minutes, click the link, now it's 25 minutes.

Are they hiring Silicon Valley folk? Same people who use the "monthly user" metric to get venture capital funding? No doubt.

Spock Seat @:-)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
It bugs me the way they say, "Your Rapid Rewards account will be credited with 1,000 Rapid Rewards Points within 4-6 weeks." It should take 4 to 6 seconds, and usually actually takes less than 6 days. Why the inaccurate, misleading and off-putting email?

Not a good sales tool.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by amanuensis
Does e-Rewards still give a worse deal on Hilton points to everyone who joined via some other path?
Yes, but only on the 7000 HH points redemption. The other levels are the same. This discrimination started a few years ago, originally the top HH award was $100 for all US participants.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Holy crap

Decision Makers Study
Full credit amount*: $45.00 in e-Rewards Currency when you fully qualify and complete the research survey

Qualified AND completed !! The biggest incentive I've received was probably a $100 Amazon code but this is probably the 2nd or 3rd best survey I've taken !! And got credit for! Yippee!!!!!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:05 pm

Congrats!

My IHG points redeemed for on the 1st posted today. Not a bad turnaround considering it was effectively a holiday weekend.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Holy crap

Decision Makers Study
Full credit amount*: $45.00 in e-Rewards Currency when you fully qualify and complete the research survey

Qualified AND completed !! The biggest incentive I've received was probably a $100 Amazon code but this is probably the 2nd or 3rd best survey I've taken !! And got credit for! Yippee!!!!!
I had a $36 one today I completed - and it didn't take all that long. Love those :-)
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I had a $4.00 one today for toothpaste that claimed to be 10 minutes long. I got through 45% of it, and clicked I had no interest to buy "Toms" and 'Sensodyne", and then the survey said they had the number of users and gave me a quarter; i.e., 25 cents!!

That's the 3rd time in 2 weeks this has happened. What a nerve! They are stealing information!!
Come on E-Rewards.....once I get that 7000 Hilton Points, "pasta-la-vista", baby.

P.S.: About 8 years ago, I was offered a $175.00 survey and I got $.50 for that one too.

Spock Seat @:-)
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Holy crap

Decision Makers Study

Wow! That's a good one! Congrats!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:32 am

Is there still some welcome-bonusses around at the moment? I could not find any..

All help welcome on this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.