Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:23 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by sbagdon
HA Tue, 11/12 for 10/30.

US Tue, 11/12 for 10/28.

Steve B.
Did you lose a day again this week? It's Wednesday.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:24 am

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy

I thought it was Tuesday also! Those Tuesday holidays tend to throw me off.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by leroix
Works fine-- how would CL/MSFT know that you have both an AA and a DL FF account?

1 CL account to 1 FF account per week (or x CL accounts to x FF accounts per week, with each CL account going to a unique FF account).
I was wondering if they did name matching/linking for redemptions since you obviously have to give the name for the FF account at time of redemption. Now I'm not so worried! LOL! Tks for reassurance.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:41 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Cut-and-paste from the last update. Geez... share a little data...

Steve B.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Matt Lauer maximum (update)

For those keeping score, my wife got the "All Puzzles Completed" notice on the Matt Lauer game today. Maximum points (old and new): 3,224. I was able to get up to 3,293 before I maxed out.

Last edited by bob12403; Nov 12, 2008 at 8:08 pm
Old Nov 13, 2008, 4:26 am

HA Thu, 11/13 for 10/29.

Steve B.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
For those keeping score, my wife got the "All Puzzles Completed" notice on the Matt Lauer game today. Maximum points (old and new): 3,224. I was able to get up to 3,293 before I maxed out.

My wife got to 3446.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Cornroaster
My wife got to 3446.
Isn't it strange that the point totals for maxing out on a game can vary so much? You would think the cap would be the same for all. I can understand how there could be a 10 or 20 point differential, but how can there be a differential of over 200 points between players?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: Too many to list
Isn't it strange that the point totals for maxing out on a game can vary so much? You would think the cap would be the same for all. I can understand how there could be a 10 or 20 point differential, but how can there be a differential of over 200 points between players?
Quite easily with Matt Lauer, actually. If you complete a puzzle and get only 8 or 9 points instead of 10, you are done, can't regain the "lost" points. However, if you get 6 points instead, you will get a chance to replay the puzzle, thereby reclaiming your "missed" points.

The same can be true for other games like Chicktionary and Flexicon. If you bail out and quit early you won't get as many points and your "max" is now lower by that amount.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Quite easily with Matt Lauer, actually. If you complete a puzzle and get only 8 or 9 points instead of 10, you are done, can't regain the "lost" points. However, if you get 6 points instead, you will get a chance to replay the puzzle, thereby reclaiming your "missed" points.

The same can be true for other games like Chicktionary and Flexicon. If you bail out and quit early you won't get as many points and your "max" is now lower by that amount.
Believe for spelling games, "retry" is 15 points, "abandon" is 16 points.

Steve B.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Believe for spelling games, "retry" is 15 points, "abandon" is 16 points.

Steve B.
Abandoning - depends. If it was a full puzzle and you left one word free, you'll end up with 18. At least I always did - before I started using anagram solvers. But I sometimes was able to retry that same game and get a whopping 2 points back.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
As an update (and cautionary tale for those who are considering LSC for holiday gifts) - I received the Microsoft LX-3000 headset I redeemed for on June 27 today. While some gifts are quick, some are . . .

Note: just did some Skype tests and the headset is nice.

Last edited by icurhere2; Nov 13, 2008 at 11:11 am
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
The most likely explanation is that Matt Lauer has had (I believe) 3 different point-earning schemes over time. People who play it now do not earn nearly the same number of points as those who played it at the beginning.

As mentioned previously, a game like Matt Lauer does not lend itself to a quantification of maximum number of points because most people are never going to get every single question right. This contrasts with games like Flexicon and Crosswire where if you keep plugging away until you finish every puzzle (no matter how many incorrect answers you initially submit), you will know exactly what the maximum number of points is.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
The most likely explanation is that Matt Lauer has had (I believe) 3 different point-earning schemes over time. People who play it now do not earn nearly the same number of points as those who played it at the beginning.

As mentioned previously, a game like Matt Lauer does not lend itself to a quantification of maximum number of points because most people are never going to get every single question right. This contrasts with games like Flexicon and Crosswire where if you keep plugging away until you finish every puzzle (no matter how many incorrect answers you initially submit), you will know exactly what the maximum number of points is.
Your explanation makes perfect sense, but I can tell you that even on Flexicon, where my wife and I have made sure to finish every puzzle (excluding the broken one, where we only got 24 points, IIRC), there is a 50-point differential between her maxed-out total and mine.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Your explanation makes perfect sense, but I can tell you that even on Flexicon, where my wife and I have made sure to finish every puzzle (excluding the broken one, where we only got 24 points, IIRC), there is a 50-point differential between her maxed-out total and mine.
That's strange. Although you may have already disclosed the amounts you maxed out on Flexicon for yourself and wife, would you mind posting them again? I maxed out at 35,499, and I know I completed every possible puzzle I was given except for the one that was broken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.