Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
I don't do every survey but I've done enough to get several $50 erewards turned into HH points.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Been with them since the get-go. Has the rewards changed, Of Cause, is there an Airline program that hasnt requried more Miles or cut back on the Availability of Free Seats. What Hotel program over the years hasnt moved up a Hotels Cat so that it takes more Pts for the same free night etc etc.

Basically E-rewards is a way to add some pts here and there without it costing anything but some of your time.

A Scam its not, true its not as rewarding as it once was. But for the price I have to pay its still well worth it. Im sure the day will come when it will take just too much time to earn anything and then Ill simply Move On.

These guys are in it to make $$ for themselves, so that will help determine what they can offer Us.

If anyone feels its Not worth their time , then simply close up your acct and move on.

recently I cashed in for 2000 CO miles, Ok those arent EQMs but to get 2000 miles thats 1000 each way, or a flight from EWR-FLL which is over $200 now. So I feel it was well worth my time. I usually cash out for HH Pts but the next 2 times I can I have the $$ for that so just wanted to unload what was in teh acct, in case it gets pulled or devalued.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 7:33 pm

I don't find e-rewards to be a scam. Do I miss the days when one could redeem multiple AA awards each year, and earn 10,000 miles a year? Indeed.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 12:19 am

Programs: HHonor gold, AA, Delta, United
Originally Posted by ET
--- and then they added the Borders $15 e-reward which I've already redeemed and spent!! I just regret they only allow Borders once a year.
How did you use the $15 Borders rewards? I have $15 credit in my Borders reward account (checked balance online), but when I tried to check out at the store, the clerk said there's no money in that account... am I missing something here?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: AA, DL, US, UA, Starwood
I have been with e-rewards for a year now and have received around $100 rewards. I redeemed $50 with e-bags since they have big sales now. I also redeemed $40 for a half-year Wall Street Journal Subscription.
p.s. I don't mind getting only .50 for wasting a couple of seconds. Although I love the $8-$10 surveys
Old Dec 20, 2006, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by iwls01
How did you use the $15 Borders rewards? I have $15 credit in my Borders reward account (checked balance online), but when I tried to check out at the store, the clerk said there's no money in that account... am I missing something here?
The only way to redeem Borders holiday reward points is in the store, so there must have been some odd glitch. You probably need to call them. I had no problem using mine.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 6:23 am

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Thumbs up Great use for Erewards

Also "cashed" in the erewards $15 at a Borders store - no problems. Actually get $15 of value for the $15 erewards transfer! One of the best erewards redemption uses.^
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Surveys Have Ceased for Me

I wouldn't say it's a scam but they definitely play games. For years I've received surveys almost daily. Was saving up my points to redeem for US Air miles, once-per-year. In Sept. the surveys stopped when I was $6 away from $100. Previously I've found when you redeem the surveys start flowing again, so I (foolishly) redeemed $25 for e-Bags. That was a big mistake b/c with the e-Rewards cert e-Bags charges you full price + shipping, no discounts or free shipping allowed. Anyway, the surveys did not start up again so I've earned exactly $.30 since Sept.

I'm receiving e-Rewards-type surveys with MyPoints now. Wonder if their clients are switching to MyPoints? Has everyone else been getting e-Rewards surveys?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 8:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Steph58
I wouldn't say it's a scam but they definitely play games. For years I've received surveys almost daily. Was saving up my points to redeem for US Air miles, once-per-year. In Sept. the surveys stopped when I was $6 away from $100. Previously I've found when you redeem the surveys start flowing again, so I (foolishly) redeemed $25 for e-Bags. That was a big mistake b/c with the e-Rewards cert e-Bags charges you full price + shipping, no discounts or free shipping allowed. Anyway, the surveys did not start up again so I've earned exactly $.30 since Sept.

I'm receiving e-Rewards-type surveys with MyPoints now. Wonder if their clients are switching to MyPoints? Has everyone else been getting e-Rewards surveys?
Same for me - and even with me going into my profile and updating everything - still no surveys.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 9:17 am

Wonder if their clients are switching to MyPoints? Has everyone else been getting e-Rewards surveys?
Not as much as before but this year I am up to $248! So I'm not complaining

We'll see what happens in the New Year.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:07 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER
Also "cashed" in the erewards $15 at a Borders store - no problems. Actually get $15 of value for the $15 erewards transfer! One of the best erewards redemption uses.^
Seems like it until you consider that Borders is almost always more expensive than Amazon--so from my perspective I would be paying a premium to get the discount.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've been a member of erewards since 2001 and up until recently I've consistently received email from them. I haven't received a survey from them since 10-06-06 which btw was the same day I redeemed $50.00 for Hilton points. Now I'm just weeks away from being able to redeem again for Hilton but I only have about $6.00 in my account.

Last edited by iris30; Dec 21, 2006 at 2:34 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 21, 2006, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
I've received an average of one survey per day in December (though they get bunched up, so basically 2-3 surveys every few days). I don't qualify for most but I'm definitely getting the invites... and I've both approached and passed redemption thresholds while getting these invites. Personally, I find my e-Rewards membership worth its trouble.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
...For years I've received surveys almost daily. Was saving up my points to redeem for US Air miles, once-per-year. In Sept. the surveys stopped when I was $6 away from $100....Anyway, the surveys did not start up again so I've earned exactly $.30 since Sept...
I've never received survey on a daily basis since I joined years ago. You had been lucky.

I used to get a couple of survey invites every month. For a very good week, I would get a couple every day. However, the frequency for their invites were definitely acting out back in the summer for me. I literally got zero survey from later part of Aug thru early October, 2006. During that period of time, I saw fellow FTers posting about getting surveys for big bucks. I decided to update/change my profile a little bit but that did change anything.

Somehow I started getting surveys at "my" usual rate since around October 5. Even though I didn't qualify for all of them, I did get enough from the "small" survey ($3-$8) for my next AA miles for 2007 quota. I would say they are still sending out surveys (w/ lower incentive level). We just have no idea who are the target groups to get invites.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:18 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Gotta keep tweaking your profile to find the sweet spot. I get plenty of surveys--7-10/week on average. They are also constantly adding questions to the profiles. If you look over your profile you will likely find many questions are unanswered because they added them after you did your profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.