Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 3:31 pm

I'm fairly happy with them, but I did redeem recently for a Pier 1 $25 e-reward. I don't think there was anything in the Terms and Conditions that indicated this, but when I got the certificate it states the $25 is only good on a purchase of $75 or more!

I have one for FTD also, and there is no such restriction on it.

I'm a bit miffed that they didn't tell me that up front.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 3:43 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I liked eRewards better when you could do more than one AA award per year, but it works well. In fact, I had requested the 3000 HH points the day after the 90 days was up and it posted to my HH acct in 2 days. Very little time invested for some points and miles can't be all bad.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
How can you call anything a "scam" if it doesn't take anything out of your own pocket? They are giving away this stuff if you do a little in return. The T&C are there for all to read and conform their earning and redemption behavior.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
"scam" is a little strong, but "idiotic" is not. They need a better system for expiring dollars.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:52 am

e-rewards.com is alright, i transferred 2,000 e-reward dollars sometimes last week & the miles posted today! To me that's pretty fast.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:02 pm

I like e-rewards. Comparing to other online reward program,
I think it is the best.

I like free HH pts and Air miles, especially the air miles can
extend the miles expiry date.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 4:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Not a scam, but legitimate?

Scam is too strong but the legitimacy of the program is questionable. It purportedly exists to provide businesses with accurate survey information which I presume they pay for. Scanning this forum will show hundreds perhaps thousands of respondents who have multiple accounts under bogus names, emails etc who admit they do not honestly respond, merely completing surveys with pat answers to earn the dollars. Many will not answer surveys under a certain dollar value. These are not the respondents I want answering for my business research.

The other issue is what it costs to respond. It is certainly isnt nothing. If you dont think your time has any value then ask you employer to pay you with out turning up or your customers to pay without product or service being provided. The time taken to accurately complete surveys for rewards dollars various enormously, from $4 for 20 minutes to $15 for 10 minutes. After you have given your valuable time they then arbitrarily cancel 75% of dollars legitamately earned.

Most of us take either miles or HH points as all other awards have little or no real value as the voucher comes off retail undiscounted prices. With the time restriction for redemption, $300 is the maximum redemption ($200 for HH and $100 for miles) per annum. Anything extra is worthless (or 75% at least)

Thats my .02c worth.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 5:14 pm

I disagree that E-rewards is a scam.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Are some of the surveys too long for what you receive? Yes.

Are they sometimes poor about posting survey credits? Yes.

Do they have an overly stringent credit expiration date policy? Yes.

Scam? No.

We all have to way out the pros and cons. I have been sticking it out for a few years now myself.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Originally Posted by John Cogley

Most of us take either miles or HH points as all other awards have little or no real value as the voucher comes off retail undiscounted prices. With the time restriction for redemption, $300 is the maximum redemption ($200 for HH and $100 for miles) per annum. Anything extra is worthless (or 75% at least)
But at this point you can get yearly $100 awards in AA, DL, NW and now CO and US - so that's $100 per program you follow, up to $500. The only one I don't use is DL, so I don't find myself with a surplus.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:43 am

Scam,or not,thanks for reminding me to redeem some money before they expired.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by ANDREWCX
The expiry rule may be annoying but it definitely isn't a scam. So far this year I have redeemed for 2000 AA, 2000 NW, 1000 CO, and 500 US miles (had to do the CO & US miles so the eDollars didn't expire). Since you can only redeem once for each airline that means I can only redeem for delta for the rest of the year but I can save up and get them all again in January. I don't do all the surveys, and qualify for only some so this seems pretty reasonable to me - far better than the survey programs that give you entries into sweepstakes etc.

Wait a minute, you can only redeem for a certain type of airline mileage once per year? I just cashed in my points for 500 AA miles, but if I'd known that, I would have held off. Until reading this thread, I had no idea the points even expired! Will somebody confirm that this is really the case?
Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:23 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by rakers
Wait a minute, you can only redeem for a certain type of airline mileage once per year? I just cashed in my points for 500 AA miles, but if I'd known that, I would have held off. Until reading this thread, I had no idea the points even expired! Will somebody confirm that this is really the case?
YES! That's the case.

Just sign in your own e-rewards account and check out all the terms under each redemption, if you want triple assurance. Since May/June, there are lots of threads mentioning the yearly expiration date and one redemption per FF program/per year. Search is your best friend! You'd obviously missed the party!

On the same note, I will advise you to check out the expiration date for your e-rewards currency NOW. So you will know when your currency will expire without timely redemptions.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by lin821
YES! That's the case.

Just sign in your own e-rewards account and check out all the terms under each redemption, if you want triple assurance. Since May/June, there are lots of threads mentioning the yearly expiration date and one redemption per FF program/per year. Search is your best friend! You'd obviously missed the party!

On the same note, I will advise you to check out the expiration date for your e-rewards currency NOW. So you will know when your currency will expire without timely redemptions.

Thanks for the confirmation. I wrote eRewards about the matter, and they doubly confirmed this. At least next year is the calendar year, and not my eRewards year, meaning I can redeem for miles again in January.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 7:40 pm

for someone who doesn't fly all that often, it's a nice easy way to accumulate miles and keep miles from expiring (no activity in 3 years).

i feel that people get perturbed because erewards isn't what it used to be and people are expectations are not being met. that's easy to fix - cancel your account (that gives the rest of us more opportunities )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.