Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
I just think some of the whiners here on Flyertalk dont like it, then again we have some world class whiners in this forum. ERewards has added new redemption partners over the years. Its easy, miles/points post almost immediately and its free, but for those who like to complain, there is always something.

Ken in Phx
"Miles/points post almost immediately," you say. Who are you trying to kid?

The vast majority of surveys say to allow "7 to 10 business days" for points to post.

My experience has been that these surveys NEVER post. I wait the required two weeks, but get no points. Have to contact e-rewards, sometimes repeatedly, to get the points.

You can dismiss that as "whining," but it is a LEGITIMATE gripe.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 7:26 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
You must be under a dark cloud! Although they say "Allow 7 to 10 days" I almost always get credited right away. I don't specifically track the ones that do not credit right away but there have been many times I have logged in long after forgetting about a credit owed only to see a nice surprise in the way of a bump to my balance. It seems to all work pretty well. My only criticisms would be

A) The points:survey length ratio seems to be getting skinnier. I try to "send the message" that the ratio is unsatisfactory by simply not taking a survey that is say $3 for 20 minutes. Generally .50/minute is what I'll hold out for.

B) The survey authors are sometimes a bit unrealistic in their estimation of survey length with surveys that go well beyond the estimated time. I'll go along for a little while but if it seems like taking advantage I'll send that message back by answering "don't know" or equivalent for the remaining questions.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:18 pm
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
I also have to agree. At first I joined just to get 250 (I think) AA miles. Those posted exactly in a week when they said they would. But I got flooded with surveys which I'd never qualify for, so I quickly lost interest. I got re-interested after a few months and started doing the surveys --- and then they added the Borders $15 e-reward which I've already redeemed and spent!! I just regret they only allow Borders once a year.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:19 pm
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
I also have to agree that e-rewards is pretty easy and they post in a timely manner. At first I joined just to get 250 (I think) AA miles. Those posted exactly in a week when they said they would. But I got flooded with surveys which I'd never qualify for, so I quickly lost interest. I got re-interested after a few months and started doing the surveys. My points all seem to post pretty much immediately, be it the few cents for not qualifying, or the bigger dollars when I do qualify. Then they added the Borders $15 e-reward which I've already redeemed and spent!! I just regret they only allow Borders once a year.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
"Miles/points post almost immediately," you say. Who are you trying to kid?

The vast majority of surveys say to allow "7 to 10 business days" for points to post.

My experience has been that these surveys NEVER post. I wait the required two weeks, but get no points. Have to contact e-rewards, sometimes repeatedly, to get the points.

You can dismiss that as "whining," but it is a LEGITIMATE gripe.
I guess we differ. Its a great program with a few whiners that have unreasonable expectations for a survey program. What is out of the norm here, do you need to track down your points every once in a while? Sure, just like I do with Airlines and hotel programs. No one is perfect. I've never had to wait for an award. Its one of the best programs avail IMO.

Ken in Phx
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
I guess we differ. Its a great program with a few whiners that have unreasonable expectations for a survey program. What is out of the norm here, do you need to track down your points every once in a while? Sure, just like I do with Airlines and hotel programs. No one is perfect. I've never had to wait for an award. Its one of the best programs avail IMO.

Ken in Phx
Rarely do I have to track down miles/points on the airline/hotel programs I use. I can't say the same for the posting reliability of E-Rewards.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA, DL, OZ, HH/S, MR, PC, SPG, A-Club
E-rewards have been posting their credit pretty quickly. Usually within a week, often within 10 minutes (partial or full qualify) Their response time for email and credit inquries are pretty quick. They have been extending my e-rewards credits year over year for several years now (for a while I have over $150 in e-reward credis that carried over, since that I found some use for them)

Realize you are not getting full credit every time and don't forget e-rewards is a business.

Suggested rewards:
3k HH pts
Airline Miles (go for the max, usually $100 level) since you are allowed 1x a year
Blockbusters (1 video/month/6 mos., 1x/yr.)
Borders (1/yr.)

Other than that, I found their problems are not that useful since you need to buy stuff to get that 'discount'
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Rarely do I have to track down miles/points on the airline/hotel programs I use. I can't say the same for the posting reliability of E-Rewards.
Well, I guess you are lucky then. I have issues from time to time. But its part of the game and I take it in stride. But I wouldnt call it a scam and and an mad face
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by eeprofessional
Other than that, I found their problems are not that useful since you need to buy stuff to get that 'discount'
That is bad. There are so many e-coupons around and some of them even provide better discount. They are so cheap that they don't offer certificate that we can use with coupons.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: US GP; MR PL
i really don't know what everyone is complaining about. here is a program that just wants to know your 'opinion'. how many times a day do i hear someone wish that someone else was listening. well, here is one time that people do care.

also, seriously, it takes (at the most) 20 minutes out of your day. i mean, when i want to take a break from work, i do a survey and i get rewards points. who here really is that important that taking these surveys becomes a burden to them?

just my 2 cents...
Old Nov 29, 2006, 9:53 pm

Well, I am complaining because the reward can only redeem in some ways that it does not as good as cash. Maybe they should move to reward points instead of $. That makes more sense.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:12 pm

My point is the reward redeption choice is too less in a way it feels the reward does not have its value. Maybe they should change it to reward points instead of $. thank will makes more sense.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Site was super slow last night.

Last edited by threeuncle; Nov 30, 2006 at 9:16 am
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:22 pm

i just did 4 or 5 survey's last night and got over $25 for them. the survey's are there, just have to tell them you want a lot of them and that you're eager to participate in a lot of surveys (make decisions for companies, lots of employees, etc)...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:53 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by newportgambler
i just did 4 or 5 survey's last night and got over $25 for them. the survey's are there, just have to tell them you want a lot of them and that you're eager to participate in a lot of surveys (make decisions for companies, lots of employees, etc)...
Just out of curiosity--are you a decision maker at a company that has lots of employees?

Last edited by pushback; Dec 4, 2006 at 10:58 pm
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:56 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold, US Silver, WN No Luv
Thanks all for the interesting posts. I've been debating about whether or not to join e-rewards, and the positive posts here outweigh the negatives so it sounds like I'm in too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.