Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lin821
This may not be a good strategy, in my humble opinion.

Every survey I received indeed specified the 7-10 b-days (or longer like 15 b-days) posting timeframe in the invitation email. However, in the last two months, I would say roughly 60% of the survey that I was qualified for, instant credits were posted. No wait at all. ^

The point being there's no way of knowing whether this survey is an instant "gratification" deal or a wait-and-see game. I do keep a record of my pending credits in case I have to follow up after 2-3 weeks. I may have been lucky in the past. I occasionally had to go through the follow-up route and it would take no more than 2 emails. Most of the followup were just 1 email. I can only hope their customer service can only go upwards. (Keep my fingers cross!)
Thanks for pointing that out.

However, I invest very little time and still get enough points for a few HHonors rewards per year. I suspect the rate of return on my effort is greater than for those who actually fill out those (somewhat lengthy) surveys. @:-)
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
And now, I can't even log on. I get a message that either the e-mail address or the password is incorrect. I've been using both for about two years.
Ditto for the new e-miles program. Anyone else having log on problems?
Dave
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
And now, I can't even log on. ... Anyone else having log on problems?
I tried and was able to log in just fine. Could it be a browser issue? (I used IE.)
Old Nov 23, 2006, 9:56 am
TH2

I also like e-rewards. Little invested (spare time). Modest return, but when compared what it would cost to earn these points by spending dollars, I think it is a decent return. I actually don't get that many surveys, but if I get too busy I just ignore them. Noone can complain about how fast the redeemed rewards post!
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:25 am

I happen to like erewards ... the more people don't like it, the less they use it, and the more surveys I get
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by lin821
I tried and was able to log in just fine. Could it be a browser issue? (I used IE.)
Nope,
I just tried again with the same results. I also use IE.
Dave
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:03 pm

Talking

Free mags, movies, $50 off NW certs, ....

Ive never lost anything...Guess my timing in using them is good!
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:11 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
I've gotten

2000 AA miles
9000 HH points
Subscriptions to Newsweek, Business Week, PC Magazine

and I have enough points to get 2000 AA points on New Years day, 3000 more HH points, and 26 weeks of WSJ when mine expires.

as for length of surveys, etc., when I feel they survey is going on and on and the survey author is taking advantage by requesting more of my time than I agreed to I send the message back to them by answering "I don't know" or equivalent from that point until EO the survey. I am willing to go a little over but when they are clearly taking advantage that message clearly gets sent.

Most of the time I get credited right away. Sometimes I don't but I don't track each survey. There have been times I have logged in only to be surprised that my balance spiked, so I guess some or all of those delayed credits are coming though.

On another note--does anyone remember the Blockbuster surveys we took months ago? I think its funny—now we are getting special offers now from e-rewards that we can participate in the new Blockbuster Netflix clone for only $5 for the first month! Hell, we helped design it. There are plenty of Netflix “try for a month free” or “get some miles”, such a deal.

I'm curious--does anyone have a relative who gets e-rewards miles even though that relative may have never heard of e-rewards?
Old Nov 23, 2006, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by mrthrifty
I happen to like erewards ... the more people don't like it, the less they use it, and the more surveys I get
Nope, it doesn't work that way.

The more people don't like it, the more likely their business is to die. @:-)
Old Nov 23, 2006, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
Nope,
I just tried again with the same results. I also use IE.
Dave
Emailed them and requested my "forgotten" password and they sent me a new and and entirely different password which I changed to my origional.
Dave
Old Nov 23, 2006, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA, DL, OZ, HH/S, MR, PC, SPG, A-Club
So far I have been happy with E-rewards.
I always have my e-rewards extended to the next year for every year since I joined E-rewards.

Within the last year or so, I have been slacking off on filling out surveys. I have been noticing their partial amount have been dropping to 50 cents from 1 dollar and got miffled that I don't qualify after I filled out the whole survey today.

I think I have about 20-30k HH points from E-rewards so far. Have another month or so to rack up enough for the HH reward.

If you forget your password, then ask their customer service to reset it.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 5:13 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 7100: BlackBerry7100/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Erewards works for me: an easy 12000 HH points/year IMHO.

I only hate those surveys where they make you answer a lot of questions only to find out you don't qualify
Old Nov 24, 2006, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Warning: on most of the surveys, you fail to qualify if you indicate you are over 60 and in some cases 55. They let you waste time answering more questions, but you are already out.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Nope, it doesn't work that way.

The more people don't like it, the more likely their business is to die. @:-)
I just think some of the whiners here on Flyertalk dont like it, then again we have some world class whiners in this forum. ERewards has added new redemption partners over the years. Its easy, miles/points post almost immediately and its free, but for those who like to complain, there is always something.

Ken in Phx
Old Nov 24, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
I just think some of the whiners here on Flyertalk dont like it, then again we have some world class whiners in this forum. ERewards has added new redemption partners over the years. Its easy, miles/points post almost immediately and its free, but for those who like to complain, there is always something.

Ken in Phx
Totally agree. For the effort involved, the rewards are pretty good. Just because everybody doesn't qualify for every survey doesnt mean that the effort expended isn't worth it.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.