Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Airon
Something weird happened today, I took a Shopping survey and I qualified. I did like 100 questions and then they said it was done. So I returned to the E-rewards homepage.. and the survey STILL shows there! Also I just got $0.50 not the $5.00 they promised.

Will they post soon?

I even erased cookies and everything but the survey won't go from my list
Sometimes the credit don't post immediately. So hang on to the invite email until you get your credit.

At the end of the surveys, it always states, "posted in 7-10 business days." So just make a note to yourself. If you don't see the full credit after 2 weeks, email e-Rewards with the invite email & survey link. They will look into it and credit your account.

I get immediate credit for most of the survey I take. I do have to follow up on the overdue credit maybe one out of every 10 surveys. e-Rewards CSRs always issue the credit without too much hassle.

Last edited by lin821; Oct 16, 2008 at 8:33 pm
Old Oct 17, 2008, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lin821
...At the end of the surveys, it always states, "posted in 7-10 business days"....
Bingo. It's amazing how people fail to read the most obvious things. Even though most credit posts immediately, sometimes it actually does take several days. And occasionally you do have to contact e-rewards to get your credit (after waiting the 7-10 business days, of course).
Old Oct 17, 2008, 1:53 am

Overall, I've been fairly satisfied with e-rewards, although as Kathy states some surveys take several days for the rewards to post. Once or twice they were significantly late (over 10 days) and I had to get on their case a bit.

It takes a fair amount of time and effort to earn significant rewards, but I'm able to use e-rewards to keep the Wall Street Journal coming (6-month increments for $50 in e-rewards), and pick up 3,000 Hilton HHonors points every 90 days.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:28 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Bingo. It's amazing how people fail to read the most obvious things. Even though most credit posts immediately, sometimes it actually does take several days. And occasionally you do have to contact e-rewards to get your credit (after waiting the 7-10 business days, of course).
I read that it takes from 7 to 10 days, it's just that they immediately gave me the 0.50 reward, the one that they give to people that don't qualify. If I had gotten nothing after the whole survey I wouldn't have asked.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:43 am

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
Stumbled across this thread and it reminded me why I quit doing e-rewards. YES, it was the expiration policy.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:32 pm

Is it just me, or is e-Rewards becoming a little "odd?" For the second time in two weeks, I received a survey invitation and clicked on it. The actual survey questions, however, had nothing to do with the survey I thought I was supposed to be taking. For example, the survey yesterday was described as being about health, but after answering the standard demographic questions, it asked me if I had a home entertainment center. When I clicked on no, the survey terminated. Huh?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
Is it just me, or is e-Rewards becoming a little "odd?" For the second time in two weeks, I received a survey invitation and clicked on it. The actual survey questions, however, had nothing to do with the survey I thought I was supposed to be taking. For example, the survey yesterday was described as being about health, but after answering the standard demographic questions, it asked me if I had a home entertainment center. When I clicked on no, the survey terminated. Huh?
Once in a while that happens to me although probably not at erewards since their surveys have now gotten few and far between.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Is it possible to cancel an e-rewards membership (after blowing my cash, of course) so that I can get an invitation to rejoin with the airline partner I prefer to use?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:43 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Is it possible to cancel an e-rewards membership (after blowing my cash, of course) so that I can get an invitation to rejoin with the airline partner I prefer to use?
Yes, you can cancel your e-rewards account at any time. Just go to their website and find the link.

As for getting an airline partner invite to rejoin, well, that's hard to say. I am not sure if e-Rewards has open invites at this point. There's no guaranty you will get any new invite, let alone your preferred airline partner after the cancellation.

Unless you already have an unused invite at hand, I wouldn't recommend you to cancel your account. Just my 2cents.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:33 am

See http://www.e-rewards.com/memberagreement.do

They must have changed their expiration policy.
Section 8) Expiration of e-Rewards Currency states:

"If Member's account has been inactive for twelve (12) months immediately preceding the end of the Membership Year, one-hundred percent (100%) of any unused e-Rewards Currency remaining in the a Member's account that was earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account.

At e-Rewards' sole discretion, e-Rewards may choose to waive or defer enforcement of the expiration of a Member's e-Rewards Currency."

Last edited by appletreasures; Sep 8, 2013 at 11:35 am Reason: reformating
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by appletreasures
See http://www.e-rewards.com/memberagreement.do

They must have changed their expiration policy.
Section 8) Expiration of e-Rewards Currency states:

"If Member's account has been inactive for twelve (12) months immediately preceding the end of the Membership Year, one-hundred percent (100%) of any unused e-Rewards Currency remaining in the a Member's account that was earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account.

At e-Rewards' sole discretion, e-Rewards may choose to waive or defer enforcement of the expiration of a Member's e-Rewards Currency."
This seems like an improvement over the annual expiration date. I wondered why I could no longer see when my points would expire - thanks for pointing this out.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:33 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
5 years have passed since this thread was last accessed. It is closed to new posting but may be referenced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.