FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:58 am
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lin821
This may not be a good strategy, in my humble opinion.

Every survey I received indeed specified the 7-10 b-days (or longer like 15 b-days) posting timeframe in the invitation email. However, in the last two months, I would say roughly 60% of the survey that I was qualified for, instant credits were posted. No wait at all. ^

The point being there's no way of knowing whether this survey is an instant "gratification" deal or a wait-and-see game. I do keep a record of my pending credits in case I have to follow up after 2-3 weeks. I may have been lucky in the past. I occasionally had to go through the follow-up route and it would take no more than 2 emails. Most of the followup were just 1 email. I can only hope their customer service can only go upwards. (Keep my fingers cross!)
Thanks for pointing that out.

However, I invest very little time and still get enough points for a few HHonors rewards per year. I suspect the rate of return on my effort is greater than for those who actually fill out those (somewhat lengthy) surveys. @:-)