Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old May 20, 2013, 1:57 pm

back for me too, they were definitly gone when i checked this morning.
Old May 20, 2013, 2:04 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by midcitybeth
back for me too, they were definitly gone when i checked this morning.
It's back, but it now costs 11100 to redeem for 5000 United miles. It used to cost 10100.
Old May 20, 2013, 2:32 pm

yeah they upped in the beginning of may
Old May 20, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Just redeemed another 5000. Now to start saving again. THANKS for the heads up.
Old May 20, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by thelostshark
UA miles are there for me. tls
Great! I see that they are back now. I'm claiming my miles and I'm done with mypoints. YAY!

Deb
Old May 20, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
I'm concerned its been 30 days since I deposited mypoints for 5000 UA miles...it has never taken this long before
Old May 20, 2013, 4:20 pm

did any "gold member" get their bonus for the feb 1 to march 31 period?
Old May 20, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
No bonus here
Old May 20, 2013, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
It's back, but it now costs 11100 to redeem for 5000 United miles. It used to cost 10100.
Used to cost even less than that.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:08 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by midcitybeth
did any "gold member" get their bonus for the feb 1 to march 31 period?
I haven't received anything since last year.

Originally Posted by Ritz
Used to cost even less than that.
I know, but at the time, I was stupidly making transfers to Hilton HHonors. We all know what has happened since...
Old May 22, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nxw152
I've been using mypoints for a few years (since 07?) and it's pretty reliable I'd say. Got a couple of GCs then started saving up for miles only.
Funny, I started doing MyPoints so I could get UA miles to keep that account alive. Then I discovered the gift cards were a much better redemption rate (assuming 1 mile = $.01). Gift cards from MyPoints got me a new $1100 refrigerator and now I'm working towards a new dishwasher. (Between Home Depot, Sears & Lowes, there are enough gift card options for everyone)

For those that are couponers/extreme couponers, print your coupons.com, Coupon Network, and SmartSource coupons from the MyPoints portal. @:-) You will earn 10 points for each coupon printed and redeemed and there is a bonus when you print/redeem 25+ coupons in a month. I earned almost 800 MyPoints last month just from coupons in addition to all the points from opening e-mails and completing surveys. At that rate, the MyPoints accrue pretty quickly.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I think I've held on to my points for too long. I wanted Hyatt gift cards and they were gone. I went back to redeem for Marriott and they're gone now too. Virtually all gift card rewards have evaporated. Any clue if they'll be back? I wanted enough to post for $400 in Marriott cards so they'd (hopefully) send it with tracking. Seems I heard in the past that $400 was the magic number for them to track them. Anyway, now that I have enough points everything I want is gone. It seems like the value of mypoints has evaporated for now.

If anyone notices the hotel cards are back, please post a heads up here.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I think I've held on to my points for too long. I wanted Hyatt gift cards and they were gone. I went back to redeem for Marriott and they're gone now too. Virtually all gift card rewards have evaporated. Any clue if they'll be back? I wanted enough to post for $400 in Marriott cards so they'd (hopefully) send it with tracking. Seems I heard in the past that $400 was the magic number for them to track them. Anyway, now that I have enough points everything I want is gone. It seems like the value of mypoints has evaporated for now.

Have patience... A lot of rewards disappear for a bit, only to return.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:39 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Waiting still

Originally Posted by SJS58
I'm concerned its been 30 days since I deposited mypoints for 5000 UA miles...it has never taken this long before
They are obviously having something going on, trouble, etc., as I redeemed on 4-21 and it has been 30 days since the email that "the award is on its way." Combined with a problem with their Just Deals partner, MyPoints is getting less desirable.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by chicaloca453

Marriott GC's are back, at least for $50 & $75. None for $100 in my account. But I'd think they'd be back too in semi-short order.

I take it from your post that you ordered more than one GC at a time? It never occurred to me to do that. Seems like a good idea, altho the way I accumlate points (slowly), I guess the risk is that they'd increase the points required for a GC yet again ... tls

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.