Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by dioxide45
I jumped on the 4,000 point offer for funding a WorldWinner account with $10. I see the points in my account now with a pending date of 3/16/2013. Much faster than expected.
Tried to log in to my MyPoints games account the other day, really GSN/WorldWinner account and it indicates that the account has been closed. Received no e-mail as to why it was closed. Though I did get an e-mail later indicating that my $10 withdrawal was on it's way, so it appears that they are automatically refunding the $10 deposit I made. Not sure what violation I made. I never played a single cash game and only played for tokens and had built up a lot of tokens just playing token games.

I wonder if MyPoints will yank back those 4,000 points?
I would have just left the money in the account and considered it the price you paid for the ~2,000 miles (a great price at $10!), I think you made a mistake trying to withdraw that money. I believe Worldwinner=Mypoints Games=Mypoints all the same I'm willing to bet the points get pulled. IMHO
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I would have just left the money in the account and considered it the price you paid for the ~2,000 miles (a great price at $10!), I think you made a mistake trying to withdraw that money. I believe Worldwinner=Mypoints Games=Mypoints all the same I'm willing to bet the points get pulled. IMHO
I think the money was automatically refunded for some reason.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Originally Posted by kipper
I think the money was automatically refunded for some reason.
I didn't initiate the withdrawal. It was done automatically after the GSN/WorldWinner account was closed. I was considering the $10 deposited as lost funds that bought 4,000 MyPoints. Just the same as some of the Glade and Huggies products purchased and given away/donated. The points had cleared their pending period, not that it would prevent them being pulled. I will post an update after a few months as to what happens with the points.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:43 pm

Has anyone taken up the Plink offer for 1,000 points. It looks like you have to provide your credit card information and financial login information? It appears secure, but it seems a little unusual.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:55 am

Has anyone taken up the Plink offer for 1,000 points. It looks like you have to provide your credit card information and financial login information? It appears secure, but it seems a little unusual.
I've been doing Plink for a while now. It's secure, and you earn additional points based on transactions you make at certain merchants.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by kipper
I've been doing Plink for a while now. It's secure, and you earn additional points based on transactions you make at certain merchants.
Thanks, just signed up. Concept looks intriguing, don't like that the points earning isn't automatic. In that you have to go in and sign up for the offers. Will still give them a shot though as it is essentially points on top of points one is already getting from their credit card. Their list of rewards looks pretty short though. Perhaps it will get better over time.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:42 am

Thanks, just signed up. Concept looks intriguing, don't like that the points earning isn't automatic. In that you have to go in and sign up for the offers. Will still give them a shot though as it is essentially points on top of points one is already getting from their credit card. Their list of rewards looks pretty short though. Perhaps it will get better over time.
Once you select offers for your "wallet," then earning points for those is automatic, and stays as long as you keep them there. You don't need to add them again each time you want to use them.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:25 pm

My issue has been resolved. United is not currently participating as a redemption partner on Mypoints. A representative (who answers that 1-888 #, a very courteous gentleman) said United keeps pushing back. Too bad. I only participate in the program because of United.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kat007
My issue has been resolved. United is not currently participating as a redemption partner on Mypoints. A representative (who answers that 1-888 #, a very courteous gentleman) said United keeps pushing back. Too bad. I only participate in the program because of United.
Oh.... Crap.... :'(
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:07 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
i already received over $100 in rewards. the amazon giftcards are pretty good deal in comparison to other giftcards

Last edited by caGALINDO; Mar 20, 2013 at 7:13 am
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
i already received over $100 in rewards. the amazon giftcards are pretty good deal in comparison to other giftcards
Same here. Looks like I will be getting a new pair of Nikes instead.

About time I start collecting tangible things anyways, right?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
United redemption

A Mypoints agent told me that the option to redeem for United miles will appear again on April 1st!!!!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

Originally Posted by lhs323
A Mypoints agent told me that the option to redeem for United miles will appear again on April 1st!!!!
I got the same message by email 2 weeks ago when I first tried to redeem for UA & it kept sending me back to the page to choose an award. I'm glad I'm not stuck in limbo like some of you.
'Returning April 1 (Easter Monday.) What the heck?? Has Mypoints given up UA for Lent?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
I got the same message by email 2 weeks ago when I first tried to redeem for UA & it kept sending me back to the page to choose an award. I'm glad I'm not stuck in limbo like some of you.
'Returning April 1 (Easter Monday.) What the heck?? Has Mypoints given up UA for Lent?
I was told about March 1st. Contacted them back on March 2nd, they said April 1st and that they actually don`t know exactly when UA will be back.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by kathiel
Got this answer today on United redemption:

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please be informed that the United Mileage Plus redemption is temporarily down due to some technical issues.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I think they intentionly blocked the option because they do not want too many people to redeem UA mileage. Here is the reply from them I got:

"Thank you for contacting Member Services.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Redeem Points portion of the MyPoints Program. Due to high demand, united mileage cards are currently unavailable for redemption on the MyPoints Redeem Page. Please check back soon as inventory is replenished often.

Thank you for your support of the MyPoints program."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.