Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Oh man, I spent about 20 minutes today on a breakfast survey, and thought I'd completed it, and then it said I didn't qualify. Basically they got all the info they wanted w/o having to give the 50 points. What a scam. tls
It sometimes goes the other way, I spent only a few minutes on a survey, thinking I hadn't qualified and then landed on a page saying thanks for participating. 75 points in my account. Easiest 75 points ever.

Last edited by dioxide45; Apr 13, 2013 at 1:19 pm
Old Apr 13, 2013, 4:33 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
data point
successfully cashed $500+ in groupon/amazon gift cards in the last month
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by dioxide45
It sometimes goes the other way, I spent only a few minutes on a survey, thinking I hadn't qualified and then landed on a page saying thanks for participating. 75 points in my account. Easiest 75 points ever.
I often don't qualify for surveys. Many don't ask if I am self-employed. They also assume that I have just one job/business. I do have multiple businesses and they are not similar. One big problem is that I am not of Hispanic ancestry, which a friend says in his case, makes all the difference.

The biggest problem appears to be that I live so far from normal population centers that I am insignificant. I remember a humorous issue when I lived in Georgia and was moving to Hawaii. I called the electric company and told them they need to send my final bill to my new address in Hawaii. I was told that they could not do that as they are not allowed to send mail "overseas". I tried to explain that Hawaii was in the US but they still said that because it was "overseas" I was out of luck. I even tried to explain that the same stamp that would send a letter across town also worked to Hawaii, but was still denied. I just let the Post Office forward the mail.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Lol!

I ordered an Amzon gift card (GC) about 2.5-3 weeks ago, which arrived yesterday. What was a bit weird was that they didn't email me that it was coming. Normally when I order a GC, it takes about 2 weeks for them to process it, and then I get an email saying it's on the way, and a few days later it arrives. That didn't happen this time. Not sure why, but all's well that ends well. tls
Old May 7, 2013, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Lol!

I ordered an Amzon gift card (GC) about 2.5-3 weeks ago, which arrived yesterday. What was a bit weird was that they didn't email me that it was coming. Normally when I order a GC, it takes about 2 weeks for them to process it, and then I get an email saying it's on the way, and a few days later it arrives. That didn't happen this time. Not sure why, but all's well that ends well. tls
I've been using mypoints for a few years (since 07?) and it's pretty reliable I'd say. Got a couple of GCs then started saving up for miles only.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Lavarock7
I often don't qualify for surveys. Many don't ask if I am self-employed. They also assume that I have just one job/business. I do have multiple businesses and they are not similar. One big problem is that I am not of Hispanic ancestry, which a friend says in his case, makes all the difference.

The biggest problem appears to be that I live so far from normal population centers that I am insignificant. I remember a humorous issue when I lived in Georgia and was moving to Hawaii. I called the electric company and told them they need to send my final bill to my new address in Hawaii. I was told that they could not do that as they are not allowed to send mail "overseas". I tried to explain that Hawaii was in the US but they still said that because it was "overseas" I was out of luck. I even tried to explain that the same stamp that would send a letter across town also worked to Hawaii, but was still denied. I just let the Post Office forward the mail.
I consider "non-qualify"as a good thing since u get points most efficiently :-)
Old May 7, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
I have such mixed bag experiences. Sometimes I receive 50-75 points for doing very little. Other times, I am kicked out for "another point earning" page and I don't receive the 10 points. Yesterday, I did a 75 point survey, the page said I qualified and to simply give them some classification info. After those questions, I was sent to a page that indicated that I had not qualified for the points. 18 minutes of time. I sent a note to MP and they responded with some gibberish about qualification and further qualification questions. Made no sense. Basically they received the whole survey without having to give up the points. But, it doesn't keep me from still trying and also using it as an alternate option for online shopping to add to point earning.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by SJS58
I have such mixed bag experiences. Sometimes I receive 50-75 points for doing very little. Other times, I am kicked out for "another point earning" page and I don't receive the 10 points. Yesterday, I did a 75 point survey, the page said I qualified and to simply give them some classification info. After those questions, I was sent to a page that indicated that I had not qualified for the points. 18 minutes of time. I sent a note to MP and they responded with some gibberish about qualification and further qualification questions. Made no sense. Basically they received the whole survey without having to give up the points. But, it doesn't keep me from still trying and also using it as an alternate option for online shopping to add to point earning.
Exactly why I don't do any of their surveys anymore ....
Old May 19, 2013, 10:45 am

Mypoints no longer offering miles?

I have been using mypoints and saving up to redeem for United Miles. I almost have enough to redeem, but it looks like United is no longer offering miles through the site. Has anyone else noticed this? If not, what other rewards or gift cards do you think have the most value?

Thanks.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by bosphorus456
I have been using mypoints and saving up to redeem for United Miles. I almost have enough to redeem, but it looks like United is no longer offering miles through the site. Has anyone else noticed this? If not, what other rewards or gift cards do you think have the most value?

Thanks.
I was also saving up to redeem for United Miles and was within about 200 points of redeeming. I hope that United comes back as a reward.

Marlene
Old May 19, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
The United rewards tend to disappear for a while when they "sell out". Periodically, they are taken off their website for a week or two then come back. I would email MyPoints and ask if they have permanently done away with United miles as a redemption option. They just upped the number of points required for a redemption, so it seems unlikely but you never know.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
The United rewards tend to disappear for a while when they "sell out". Periodically, they are taken off their website for a week or two then come back. I would email MyPoints and ask if they have permanently done away with United miles as a redemption option. They just upped the number of points required for a redemption, so it seems unlikely but you never know.
Thanks. That is helpful. I emailed them - will post if I receive a helpful response.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:50 am

I'm a bit frustrated with the United awards. I finally saved up enough points for this a couple of months ago. The it disappeared and came back with a higher point amount. So now I've finally hit the higher point amount and it is gone again. If I ever get the United award, I am done with my points.

Deb
Old May 20, 2013, 8:13 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by bosphorus456

Thanks.
Looking at dot bomb, it would appear that MyPoints is still a partner. That said, if miles redemption does not return, then I would prolly give up on MyPoints in favour of Ebates. United miles were prolly the only reason I was still on this site years later. It also didn't hurt that I could double dip on SPG properties.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
UA miles are there for me. tls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.