Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
Yes, I did it no problem. I used a different email just in case.

The 750 offer is still active: MyPoints 750 United Miles
Originally Posted by kipper
They have been known to delete both accounts if they determine that you've created multiple accounts.
To clarify, I never had 2 accounts open at the same time. I opened the first one a couple of years ago and then closed it after about a year. I opened a new one this summer using my new United number.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 1:54 pm

anybody seeing it is taking a long time to transfer miles to united? I transferred on 11/15...still hasn't shown.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by sprials
anybody seeing it is taking a long time to transfer miles to united? I transferred on 11/15...still hasn't shown.
I redeemed on Nov. 3, and received an email on Nov. 27 that the transaction had been completed. Miles posted to my account with a Nov. 3 posting date.

As with previous redemptions, the email said "Congratulations! You just redeemed your Points for a gift card and it's on its way." I've done this enough times to know that this email means the points have been deposited into my United account. Chances are they actually posted around Nov. 25, about 3 weeks after redemption. If that schedule is normal, your points should post sometime next week. IIRC, this is not an unusual length of time for MyPoints.

FYI, upthread in post #572, brownie20 reported a redemption on Nov. 12 with a post on Nov. 24, which is not even 2 weeks. So maybe they batch process, and you just missed the cutoff?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by sprials
It has always taken 3 to 4 weeks for me to get United miles, e.g. last redemption was on 8/4, posted on 8/24.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:11 pm

** update : I sent in my DL and no response from mops but after a few days both accounts are back.

No explanation yet, on my account mops respond and asking for copy of DL
wife account no response yet. I read the req is one account per member and not seeing 1 account per house hold.

Originally Posted by Happy
What might be the possible cause(s)?

Last edited by sparkzone; Dec 4, 2012 at 1:29 pm Reason: mop update
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I have 60000 points in my account but they are classified as pending -- 1000 is redeemable. Can anyone enlighten me on what this all means? How long before pending becomes official (It was part of their double points promotion for your first order).

Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I have 60000 points in my account but they are classified as pending -- 1000 is redeemable. Can anyone enlighten me on what this all means? How long before pending becomes official (It was part of their double points promotion for your first order).

Thanks.
Most points, except the 5-point email click-throughs, post as pending for a month--with a date attached. On that date, they change to become available to use. Sometimes it happens at midnight, sometimes noon, sometimes later in the day, so I'm guessing the date is also tied to the time of purchase.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Tiki
Did it post as pending or spendable right away? I've churned a lot of Netflix, this is one of the few remaining I haven't done yet.

I also did the Stamps.com one to get the bonus 1000 Max points. It has a 4 weeks trial, then it's $15.95. Has anyone done this one yet? How long did it take to post?
Originally Posted by samdori
The stamps.com took about 3 weeks for me (then the points were pending for 30 days after that). If you call to cancel towards the end of the trial, they will try very hard to keep you as a customer and will probably offer you another month for free. When I called towards the end of the second month, it was the same story, but I cancelled anyways since I had little use for the service.
Getting a bit worried about these Stamps.com. It shows I clicked through last month but no points have showed up pending or otherwise. Is it a monthly sweep? Getting close to the one month deadline.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Holiday Inn Winter Promo

Anyone have any actual experience with the terms of these Holiday Inn MyPoints offers? The one I received has no real T&C, just says "Book Early for the Holidays and save up to 20%. Earn 15 points per dollar. You must book online to receive the points."

It says the point offer expires December 21, and points will be credited within 30 days "of completing the transaction," which logically would mean date of full payment. I used the link and made a booking (no advance payment) for a Holiday Inn stay I was planning in early February.

So does the expiration mean:
A) Book by December 21 and complete the stay anytime in the future?
B) Both book and complete the stay by December 21?
C) Book one of the advance purchase, pay-at-time-of-booking offers by December 21?

Holiday Inn regularly offers 5 points/$ just by using the link on the MyPoints site, but this is a far better deal, although with an expiration date. If you've ever earned MyPoints from a Holiday Inn bonus points offer, I'd like to know what you did to successfully complete the offer. My travel plans may change, so if they require non-refundable advance payment this is not going to work for me. Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
So, have anyone ever was able to redeem miles into 2 different UA accounts from 1 MP account?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Just got credited for my stamps.com

Took forever! It was my x2 boost your points offer so I got a cool 2,000 points
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by al613
So, have anyone ever was able to redeem miles into 2 different UA accounts from 1 MP account?
I was told by MyPoints customer service that the name on the MyPoints account has to match that on the United account or the transfer won't work. I know once you do one transfer, the MilagePlus number is pre-populated for any subsequent transfers. It looks like it can be changed when you complete the form, but I wouldn't expect it to work.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by dioxide45
I was told by MyPoints customer service that the name on the MyPoints account has to match that on the United account or the transfer won't work. I know once you do one transfer, the MilagePlus number is pre-populated for any subsequent transfers. It looks like it can be changed when you complete the form, but I wouldn't expect it to work.
I have transfered to my daughter's account from my account few days before I read it here that its not allowed. Then I went into MP account and changed first name to hers (last names match). Miles posted. Should I change it again now to transfer to myself?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:00 pm

was a little surprised but thrilled to receive mileup points for mypoints united redemptions! hopefully everyone else got them too
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by brownie20
was a little surprised but thrilled to receive mileup points for mypoints united redemptions! hopefully everyone else got them too
Sure did. Have another 2,500 miles about to post, looking forward to the +25%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.