Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:20 pm

Does anyone know if Costco gift cards are ever offered as a reward through MyPoints? I know they have a Costco membership certificate worth $55 for 7,000 MP redemption. We are going to Hawaii in the fall and would consider redeeming for Costco gift cards if they ever off them. Otherwise I will look at the Safeway gift cards.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Does anyone know if Costco gift cards are ever offered as a reward through MyPoints? I know they have a Costco membership certificate worth $55 for 7,000 MP redemption. We are going to Hawaii in the fall and would consider redeeming for Costco gift cards if they ever off them. Otherwise I will look at the Safeway gift cards.
I have not seen them offered, just the membership being offered as a reward.

Consider sending a message to MyPoints CS to suggest they start offering Costco gift cards as a reward.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Max M
I have not seen them offered, just the membership being offered as a reward.

Consider sending a message to MyPoints CS to suggest they start offering Costco gift cards as a reward.
I may do that. One reason they may not is because anyone with a Costco gift card can make purchases at Costco even if they don't have an active membership.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:38 am

Dishonest survey providers at My Points- Opinion Sphere

There have in the past been dishonest survey providers at My Points who failed on a regular basis to award points earned. The one with the flags at one time was awful about that, but finally got honest.

Over the last week or so, however, the most prolific provider of surveys has started playing that fraudulent game - Opinion Sphere. You go through their usual battery of qualifying questions, and instead of a survey or the ''Another Point Earning Oppotunity'' page, it gives you a new page that says you are ''not eligible to complete the survey'' (i.e. did not qualify) and never sends you to any page that gives you the 10 points for a non-qualifier. Further this page does not even register on your acccount that you attempted the survey.

Opinion Sphere have become scam artists. Why is My Points allowing them to continue to perpertrate this fraud upon members?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Carolinian
There have in the past been dishonest survey providers at My Points who failed on a regular basis to award points earned. The one with the flags at one time was awful about that, but finally got honest.

Over the last week or so, however, the most prolific provider of surveys has started playing that fraudulent game - Opinion Sphere. You go through their usual battery of qualifying questions, and instead of a survey or the ''Another Point Earning Oppotunity'' page, it gives you a new page that says you are ''not eligible to complete the survey'' (i.e. did not qualify) and never sends you to any page that gives you the 10 points for a non-qualifier. Further this page does not even register on your acccount that you attempted the survey.

Opinion Sphere have become scam artists. Why is My Points allowing them to continue to perpertrate this fraud upon members?
You should email MyPoints about them. The more complaints they receive, hopefully something proactive might get done.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by Carolinian

This is happening to me too, but only when I use a desktop or laptop. When I use my iPhone, I still get the 10 points. tls
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by midcitybeth
Getting the same error, i messaged them on facebook, if i hear back i will update.
heard back, they just gave me a link to the travel award page, i would guess they are not out of awards, the site is just buggy.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:56 am

and heard back again...out of united rewards at the moment, they said to check back for restocking.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by thelostshark
This is happening to me too, but only when I use a desktop or laptop. When I use my iPhone, I still get the 10 points. tls
But iPhone solution is not working today. tls
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
I got the follow offer today. Has anyone tried this ?

"Make a deposit of $20 or more & play one cash game, you'll earn 10,000 points"

The T&C are below

===========================
Hurry! This Point Offer Expires 2/28/13.

• Make a deposit, play one game and
receive 10,000 Points.* (Once)
• Receive 5 Points per dollar.
• Fund an account and receive 50 Points. (Once)

MyPoi¢nts links:
MyHome | My Account | Redeem | Refer-A-Friend | Shop | Privacy Policy

Although select games using Flash may be played in any browser, we recommend viewing the site that follows in Internet Explorer for best results.

*TERMS: This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on 2/28/13. To complete this offer and earn 10,000 Points, a minimum twenty dollar ($20) deposit into your WorldWinner account is required. After the first deposit is complete, one cash game must be played at an entry fee of $0.88 or higher. You are not eligible for this offer if you have previously upgraded your account or previously upgraded another account with WorldWinner. WorldWinner upgrade coupons are not valid on this promotion. This offer is non-transferrable. 10,000 Points from MyPoints will be deposited into qualifying MyPoints accounts by 3/31/13.

The rules governing sweepstakes, contests and tournaments with entry fees and/or prizes are established by individual states, not the federal government. If you reside in any of the following states, you cannot participate in fee-based tournaments with prizes: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Vermont or Maryland or any other jurisdiction in which participation in the games and tournaments offered on this site is restricted by law. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Cash Competitions is operated by WorldWinner.com, Inc. and is not managed or owned by MyPoints.com® or its affiliates. WorldWinner.com, Inc. is solely responsible for all activities on the Cash Competitions website. Additional eligibility and other restrictions apply. For more information, see the WorldWinner.com Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy available from Cash Competitions.

WorldWinner Rewards Points are different from the Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards.

Note: Your Points will be credited within 45 days of completing the transaction.

The Point offer expires at midnight Pacific Time on the above-mentioned expiration date.

If you exchange or return your purchase, Points awarded for your original transaction will be deducted from your account.

PLEASE NOTE: Your privacy is very important to MyPoints. In certain instances a company may share your personal information with third parties. Please review its privacy policy before you share any personally identifiable information.

If you no longer wish to receive BonusMail for this partner, click here. This will not unsubscribe you from all MyPoints BonusMail.

You've received this email advertisement because you're a member of MyPoints. If you no longer wish to receive email, please click here to unsubscribe. If you wish to close your MyPoi¢nts account, visit the My Account page and select "Close Account."

Please do not reply to this email.

©1997-2013 MyPoints.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
50 California St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111

Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:00 pm

I did this for 4,000 points a couple weeks back. Though the prior offer didn't have the requirement to play at least one cash game, just make a deposit of $10. Wish I has waited.

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
I got the follow offer today. Has anyone tried this ?

"Make a deposit of $20 or more & play one cash game, you'll earn 10,000 points"

The T&C are below

Hurry! This Point Offer Expires 2/28/13.

• Make a deposit, play one game and
receive 10,000 Points.* (Once)
• Receive 5 Points per dollar.
• Fund an account and receive 50 Points. (Once)

MyPoi¢nts links:
MyHome | My Account | Redeem | Refer-A-Friend | Shop | Privacy Policy

Although select games using Flash may be played in any browser, we recommend viewing the site that follows in Internet Explorer for best results.

*TERMS: This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on 2/28/13. To complete this offer and earn 10,000 Points, a minimum twenty dollar ($20) deposit into your WorldWinner account is required. After the first deposit is complete, one cash game must be played at an entry fee of $0.88 or higher. You are not eligible for this offer if you have previously upgraded your account or previously upgraded another account with WorldWinner. WorldWinner upgrade coupons are not valid on this promotion. This offer is non-transferrable. 10,000 Points from MyPoints will be deposited into qualifying MyPoints accounts by 3/31/13.

The rules governing sweepstakes, contests and tournaments with entry fees and/or prizes are established by individual states, not the federal government. If you reside in any of the following states, you cannot participate in fee-based tournaments with prizes: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Vermont or Maryland or any other jurisdiction in which participation in the games and tournaments offered on this site is restricted by law. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

Cash Competitions is operated by WorldWinner.com, Inc. and is not managed or owned by MyPoints.com® or its affiliates. WorldWinner.com, Inc. is solely responsible for all activities on the Cash Competitions website. Additional eligibility and other restrictions apply. For more information, see the WorldWinner.com Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy available from Cash Competitions.

WorldWinner Rewards Points are different from the Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards.

Note: Your Points will be credited within 45 days of completing the transaction.

The Point offer expires at midnight Pacific Time on the above-mentioned expiration date.

If you exchange or return your purchase, Points awarded for your original transaction will be deducted from your account.

PLEASE NOTE: Your privacy is very important to MyPoints. In certain instances a company may share your personal information with third parties. Please review its privacy policy before you share any personally identifiable information.

If you no longer wish to receive BonusMail for this partner, click here. This will not unsubscribe you from all MyPoints BonusMail.

You've received this email advertisement because you're a member of MyPoints. If you no longer wish to receive email, please click here to unsubscribe. If you wish to close your MyPoi¢nts account, visit the My Account page and select "Close Account."

Please do not reply to this email.

©1997-2013 MyPoints.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
50 California St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111

Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
I got the same offer and missed it. I don't look at my MyPoints mail except every few days.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Still waiting on 2,500 UA to post. It has been about a month and a half now or around there. Customer service says to wait 7-10 days as they investigate.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Still waiting on 2,500 UA to post. It has been about a month and a half now or around there. Customer service says to wait 7-10 days as they investigate.
Data point: redeemed 5k on 1/31/2013. The miles appeared in my UA account in a few days.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
Data point: redeemed 5k on 1/31/2013. The miles appeared in my UA account in a few days.
Totally different experience for me. I'm still waiting for the miles from a redemption Jan. 10. The previous UA redemption took months, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.