Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by dioxide45
I asked a similar question back in post #395. I e-mailed MyPoints customer service to ask. The answer was No. United will look for the name on the MyPoints and MilagePlus account to match. I also know for a fact that if you already have your MP number associated with your MyPoints account, if your family member attempts to put your number in on their account when redeeming for the reward, they will get an error message that the MP number is already associated with another members MyPoints account.
How is it becoming "associated"? By redeeming once?

Last edited by al613; Nov 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by al613
How is it becoming "associated"? By redeeming once?
As soon as you redeem MyPoints for MileagePlus miles, your MilagePlus number becomes associated to your MyPoints account. That MileagePlus number can't then be used to redeem MyPoints from another MyPoints account.

Also you will notice when you go in to redeem subsequent MileagePlus redemptions through MyPoints, your MileagePlus number will already be filled out when you go to redeem.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by dioxide45
As soon as you redeem MyPoints for MileagePlus miles, your MilagePlus number becomes associated to your MyPoints account. That MileagePlus number can't then be used to redeem MyPoints from another MyPoints account.

Also you will notice when you go in to redeem subsequent MileagePlus redemptions through MyPoints, your MileagePlus number will already be filled out when you go to redeem.
Thank you! So, if I manually try to change the number when redeeming it will not let me, correct?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:44 pm

in case anyone is curious how long united miles take to post i redeemed mypoints on 11/12 and just noticed the miles in united yesterday (11/24). have been checking every 2 days or so. hopefully these miles count for the mileup promo!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
in case anyone is curious how long united miles take to post i redeemed mypoints on 11/12 and just noticed the miles in united yesterday (11/24). have been checking every 2 days or so. hopefully these miles count for the mileup promo!
Ty
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Th 30 days passed for the posting of the second Huggies 1,750 and nothing was in the account. I sent a missing points request and included the reference number that was included with the acknowledgment I received when I sent in the receipt. They responded within 24 hours and posted the (pending) points.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
is it possible to sign up and receive the 500 MP miles for a second time? I signed up and received 750 UA pre merger and signed off again. Now, post merger, I have a new UA-membership number. Does this work (this time I am willing to stay and earn...)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by mith
is it possible to sign up and receive the 500 MP miles for a second time? I signed up and received 750 UA pre merger and signed off again. Now, post merger, I have a new UA-membership number. Does this work (this time I am willing to stay and earn...)
Yes, I did it no problem. I used a different email just in case.

The 750 offer is still active: MyPoints 750 United Miles
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by samdori
Yes, I did it no problem. I used a different email just in case.

They have been known to delete both accounts if they determine that you've created multiple accounts.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by samdori
well, the confirmation mail says: Thank you for joining MyPoints Rewards.
You'll receive 500 MileagePlus award miles and earn free
rewards when you activate your account.*
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Hmmm, the Starbucks gift card is no longer there. Hopefully like other Rewards, it will reappear soon ... tls
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:11 pm

bummer.... both my account and wife suspended. we both still have bonus points pending from 150x promo. sent an email to [email protected] . Any of you able to get the account reopen? ...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
They have been known to delete both accounts if they determine that you've created multiple accounts.
Is one account per household or one account per individual?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sparkzone
bummer.... both my account and wife suspended. we both still have bonus points pending from 150x promo. sent an email to [email protected] . Any of you able to get the account reopen? ...
What might be the possible cause(s)?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Happy
Is one account per household or one account per individual?
One per individual.
Originally Posted by Happy
What might be the possible cause(s)?
Perhaps MyPoints suspected that even with different names and emails, the accounts were created and maintained by one person, probably due to having the same mailing address and/or using the same IP address or some such to access MyPoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.