Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by lanb
Chat with opensky, they seem to be more responsive and can get you your
mypoints to post in 48 hours.
I agree, go to opensky website and use the online chat feature. Just ask them to forward your order information to MyPoints. I got my points about 24 hours later. They are pending for 3 days instead of the usual 30 days.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: Yes.
Shoot, my MileagePlus linked to old mypoints account

My points just posted from the OS deal. But can't redeem for UA as it appears that I linked my UA account to an old mypoints (didn't know I had one or would have used it!). In any case, do you guys have any advice as to how I can transfer the points to UA? At present, I am thinking of opening a new MileagePlus and then then merging. Is this totally against the rules?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
My points just posted from the OS deal. But can't redeem for UA as it appears that I linked my UA account to an old mypoints (didn't know I had one or would have used it!). In any case, do you guys have any advice as to how I can transfer the points to UA? At present, I am thinking of opening a new MileagePlus and then then merging. Is this totally against the rules?
just use your old pre-merger United number instead of the new one that came from Continental.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:01 am

Ok, thx. Just tried it. Will let you know what turns up.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Before I run into this issue about the old UA number, is there a way to go in and change it before the next redemption?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Here's what MyPoints told me about old vs new numbers:

Dear bob12403,

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Please be informed that, you have to enter the post-merger United/Continental account number at the time of United Miles redemption (means to exchange 5000 MyPoints for 2500 United Mileage Plus miles).

Also please note that, if you have already entered the pre-merger United/Continental account number at the time of United Miles redemption, no need to worry about that, we will acquire your new United Mileage Plus number (post-merger United/Continental account number) and place it in your account.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your support of the MyPoints program.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:01 am

maybe this will be a workaround. A quick search tells me that we won't know for a while! (i.e. points take a while to post).
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I actually just did the Netflix trial, & it posted in 3 days
Did it post as pending or spendable right away? I've churned a lot of Netflix, this is one of the few remaining I haven't done yet.

I also did the Stamps.com one to get the bonus 1000 Max points. It has a 4 weeks trial, then it's $15.95. Has anyone done this one yet? How long did it take to post?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tiki
Did it post as pending or spendable right away? I've churned a lot of Netflix, this is one of the few remaining I haven't done yet.

I also did the Stamps.com one to get the bonus 1000 Max points. It has a 4 weeks trial, then it's $15.95. Has anyone done this one yet? How long did it take to post?
My points for the Netflix deal posted as pending.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFOHPN
My points for the Netflix deal posted as pending.
Did they give a date as when it will be finalized? Just wondering if all this will happen before the free trial is over.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:15 pm

The stamps.com took about 3 weeks for me (then the points were pending for 30 days after that). If you call to cancel towards the end of the trial, they will try very hard to keep you as a customer and will probably offer you another month for free. When I called towards the end of the second month, it was the same story, but I cancelled anyways since I had little use for the service.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:19 pm

Did they give a date as when it will be finalized? Just wondering if all this will happen before the free trial is over.
The points will still be pending for a little while after your netflix trial ends, but you can go ahead and cancel as soon as the points show up as pending. It doesn't require you to be a paying member.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did an offer for 5000 points for a $100 Doctors Without Borders donation yesterday. Has anyone done something similar and if so, how long did it take for the points to show?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

eBay is back!!!!! 3 mypoints per dollar!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
The points will still be pending for a little while after your netflix trial ends, but you can go ahead and cancel as soon as the points show up as pending. It doesn't require you to be a paying member.
Netflix showed up as pending, still waiting on Stamps.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.