Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Lavarock7
You would think by now that companies would go with those fax-to-email services. I have a free one that lets me receive a fax via a PDF to my email account. Now if they would just read their email :-)
I think the fax numbers we are faxing to are indeed fax to e-mail services. I have noticed from the responses to the faxes in the point posting confirmations, they appear to just be faxes that are forwarded to Member Services along with another MyPoints e-mail address. It looks like they are using OneBox for this faxing service. Why they couldn't have just setup a special e-mail address for these purchase redemptions is beyond me. We could have easily avoided this faxing busy signal mess.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by dioxide45
Well now I am not even sure if e-mailing works. The first e-mail I sent to Member Services I received an immediate automated response about how I should receive a reply from a rep in 24 hours time. The last e-mail I sent, I didn't get that automated reply at all. I had hoped that the points would post overnight and I would have an e-mail in my inbox confirming the points transaction but that didn't happen. So not sure if the e-mails are even getting through now.
I had resent the e-mail to Member Services since there was no automated reply previously. They credited the points for the Cottonelle offer based on the last e-mail I sent. The first one I sent I didn't include a message in the body, so I wonder if their system automatically purges out messages without a message body. So if you are going to e-mail, be sure to include a message in the body of the e-mail along with an attachment.

I have also been trying to complete the Raid offer, many many faxes go unsuccessful. Now the message the fax system is giving me this morning is that someone is answering the call. This is with the 800 number. Not sure what the deal is on these fax numbers. They really should have had some more numbers setup to handle the volume on this or just provided e-mail redemption instructions.

The Cottonelle offer did provide e-mail redemption instructions if you viewed the offer directly on MyPoints.com. The e-mail still provided the fax instructions. I never saw the Raid, Glade, or Pledge offer online.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Some Wal-Mart employees just like to complicate things, which is probably what you experienced at the first one.
Coupons are always a challenge. Many times they won't scan and they have to manually enter them. Other times the clerk won't even attempt to scan them, they just manually enter them from the start. I have no idea why. We have had many issues with clerks not knowing the coupon policy. Walmart gives you the full value of the coupon, so if you buy something for $2.50 and have a $3.00 coupon, they give you that extra $0.50 that you can use toward other purchases on the same ticket. We have had clerks attempt to adjust the coupon to $2.50 and we had to tell them about their own policy.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:52 am

Duplicate Offers

I am noticing now that I am receiving additional offers for the same products. I have already taken advantage of the Glade offer, but received another e-mail today with a new expiration date. I know that MyPoints is notorious for sending duplicate offers, but these have new expiration dates. Anyone know if it is possible to get additional credit for the points for each subsequent offer?

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 23, 2012 at 5:07 am
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
There is a new offer for Cotttonelle products. Buy flushable wipes and get 750 points. Buy both wipes and toilet paper and get 2,000. Same fax redemption.
I'm surprised no one has complained about having to download special software in order to print out these coupons. On principal, I usually refuse to download lots of additional programs to my computer. I have found too many viruses, malware, and unapproved cookies attached to my files. Also, this program takes a sizable amount of space from the hard drive. Why have us download special software unless it is to monitor what we are doing?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:08 am

I am noticing now that I am receiving additional offers for the same products. I have already taken advantage of the Glade offer, but received another e-mail today with a new expiration date. I know that MyPoints is notorious for sending duplicate offers, but these have new expiration dates. Anyone know if it is possible to get additional credit for the points for each subsequent offer?
Good question. In the past, I've been unable to print out duplicate coupons, yet for some reason it lets me print this one. Only one way to find out if this works
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
For the Cottonelle offer, was there a minimum size of toilet paper that one had to buy? I'd hate to think that we schlepped six-packs of TP back from FL for nothing.

Mike
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
For the Cottonelle offer, was there a minimum size of toilet paper that one had to buy?
Pretty sure it had to be an 18-pack or greater.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I'm surprised no one has complained about having to download special software in order to print out these coupons. On principal, I usually refuse to download lots of additional programs to my computer. I have found too many viruses, malware, and unapproved cookies attached to my files. Also, this program takes a sizable amount of space from the hard drive. Why have us download special software unless it is to monitor what we are doing?
Same here. I refuse to download the coupon.com software to my computer. A few years ago a friend did get his computer infected after downloading the software from coupon.com.

The few $ savings simply are not worth the risk and privacy intrusion (tracking cookies) to me.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by prolix
Pretty sure it had to be an 18-pack or greater.
OK, maybe I need better glasses, but I've gone over the email 3 times and nowhere do I see a minimum purchase pack.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Originally Posted by Happy
Same here. I refuse to download the coupon.com software to my computer. A few years ago a friend did get his computer infected after downloading the software from coupon.com.

The few $ savings simply are not worth the risk and privacy intrusion (tracking cookies) to me.
We didn't have any issue with this as we have long had the coupons.com software installed on the computer. The software probably does some tracking on our internet travels, but there are many other ways for websites to get tracking cookies on your computer than coupons.com. You are being tracked far more than you probably know sans coupons.com.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by balima
OK, maybe I need better glasses, but I've gone over the email 3 times and nowhere do I see a minimum purchase pack.
You are correct, the e-mail doesn't indicate any specific minimum size Cottonelle Toilet Paper product that you have to purchase in order to receive the extra 1250 points. The coupon that was available was for $1 off of an 18 count product. If you only bought six packs, I would go ahead and submit them for the points, you will likely get the credit. I wish I hadn't have been sucked in by the coupon and bought a 24 count package.

Let us know if you get credit for the points on the smaller product purchase.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:21 pm

We didn't have any issue with this as we have long had the coupons.com software installed on the computer. The software probably does some tracking on our internet travels, but there are many other ways for websites to get tracking cookies on your computer than coupons.com. You are being tracked far more than you probably know sans coupons.com.
I've been using this software for years with no issues. 100% Completely Safe.

Besides, I'd download a virus directly to my computer if I'm getting some extra points/miles out of it

Last edited by Saas; Jul 24, 2012 at 6:27 am Reason: I get ahead of myself sometimes...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:47 am

I did receive a full credit yesterday for buying a 12-pack.

After not working fax fiasco, I contacted them by email. They replied to send back a reply with an attached scan of the email offer and a Walmart receipt. So, I emailed them that in my reply. Next day they emailed me back saying that 2,000 points were credited. The points are already in my account with ony a 5-day pending period.

I am glad that I got the points but this was a lot of time spent on boh sides unnecessary logistical back-and-forth. Why can't they just either fix their faxes or just do electronic submission?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
You are correct, the e-mail doesn't indicate any specific minimum size Cottonelle Toilet Paper product that you have to purchase in order to receive the extra 1250 points. The coupon that was available was for $1 off of an 18 count product. If you only bought six packs, I would go ahead and submit them for the points, you will likely get the credit. I wish I hadn't have been sucked in by the coupon and bought a 24 count package.

Ah, I see. My guess is that we will get credit for the smaller products.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.