Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Daily resort fee is $60 (not waived with status or with booking a club room)
  • Wireless, high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and common areas.
  • Outdoor Yoga, Pilates, and Seaside Hikes alternate daily.
  • Shuttle service to and from Salt Creek Beach on an individual guest request basis (not applicable to group transfers).
  • Access to resort’s Beach Butler Service and use of beach recreation equipment including towel service, umbrellas, and beach chairs.
  • Unlimited use of the Tennis Courts including rackets. Tournament and clinic fees are additional.
  • Courtesy resort driver – transportation within 3 miles of the resort.
  • Complimentary 45 minute private photography session and one digital image (not applicable to special occasions and events).
  • A special Garden Tour experience where you discover Birds, Bees, and Butterflies local to Dana Point in the beautiful Eco-Adventure Garden, reserve through the [email protected] m.

Valet fee is $70 per night

Platinum benefits:
- Free breakfast is no longer offered
- 1,000 welcome points
- One category upgrade based upon availability (usually a coastline or ocean view room)

Tips from a local:
- If you want to avoid the $70 valet fee and don't mind a 10 minute stroll you can park for free on Niguel Rd & Stonehill Dr on the hill except for Friday’s between 10am and Noon.
- The marine layer usually burns off around noon to 1pm each day.
- May, June, and early July are known as “May gray/June gloom”. This time of the year is usually overcast and not the most ideal beach weather. Hot summer weather is usually July to mid-October.
- Beach Hut Deli and Moulin are cheaper places for lunch and are a ~3 minute walk. There is a hidden walking path on the backside of the property that makes walking there slightly easier at Cabrillo Isle & Ritz Carlton drive.
- If you live in the area there is a locals "anniversary" card that allows for a 15% discount on food/alcohol/spa and free valet parking for the day for two cars (not for overnight stays). You will need to show evidence that you live in the area.
- Valet is $5 for the day if visiting a restaurant or marketplace.
- The free OC Parks Summer Concert Series on the Salt Creek Beach lawn is usually a few weekends in August and is very popular locally. Alcohol is sold and usually multiple food trucks. They also have free movies on the lawn during the weekends in August.
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any experience of how they treat Gold MR members?

Not expecting much, but you never know.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gomac

I stayed there last summer and got nothing as a gold. The one useful benefit is the upgrade (no guaranteed late checkout as this is a resort), but I stayed on what felt like a busy weekend - there were easily several weddings plus a conference starting on Monday that pretty much pointed to the hotel being very busy and sold out. Maybe a weekday or off peak season might yield a different result.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by stormer
I stayed there last summer and got nothing as a gold. The one useful benefit is the upgrade (no guaranteed late checkout as this is a resort), but I stayed on what felt like a busy weekend - there were easily several weddings plus a conference starting on Monday that pretty much pointed to the hotel being very busy and sold out. Maybe a weekday or off peak season might yield a different result.
Thanks for the feedback stormer I managed to get a great rate here on a Look no Further price guarantee so pretty chuffed anyways ($699 garden/pool view rate halved to $350) and suppose I should be happy with any room at that price

I am staying here over the Easter weekend which I had expected would be busy with families but I see it isn't bank holiday in California.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks for the feedback stormer I managed to get a great rate here on a Look no Further price guarantee so pretty chuffed anyways ($699 garden/pool view rate halved to $350) and suppose I should be happy with any room at that price

I am staying here over the Easter weekend which I had expected would be busy with families but I see it isn't bank holiday in California.
I've been to the resort twice. Just a heads up. The pool/garden view rooms if they are by the main pool ( the resort has two pools) will be real noisy. Piped in music and lots of kids. Especially on a holiday weekend. Also the ground floor rooms looked dark to me because of balconies above. Void of any sunlight. I would ask which pool this room overlooks. The other pool was empty and no one was there any of the 4 days we were. Whisper quiet. In fact I guessed that most guests don't know it exists.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by david55
I've been to the resort twice. Just a heads up. The pool/garden view rooms if they are by the main pool ( the resort has two pools) will be real noisy. Piped in music and lots of kids. Especially on a holiday weekend. Also the ground floor rooms looked dark to me because of balconies above. Void of any sunlight. I would ask which pool this room overlooks. The other pool was empty and no one was there any of the 4 days we were. Whisper quiet. In fact I guessed that most guests don't know it exists.
Thanks for the heads up David. So is there an adults pool and a family pool at this property? My reservation actually shows a Garden View Balcony but in the details says Garden-Pool View. Was hoping for a Firepit room but maybe that’s asking a bit much!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks for the heads up David. So is there an adults pool and a family pool at this property? My reservation actually shows a Garden View Balcony but in the details says Garden-Pool View. Was hoping for a Firepit room but maybe that’s asking a bit much!
I don't believe the pools are designated adult/child. The larger pool has music, snack bar and tons of kids. I read recently a review where some one had their room facing the large pool and tried to change because of noise. The much smaller pool on the other side of the resort has some lounge chairs and a few tables...but no amenities. The fire pits are mostly all facing the ocean with lawn in front and not around public spaces like a pool. I just looked at the picture of your room class and they are the rooms that look very dark to me. That overhang you see outside the terrace keeps natural light out. At the very least ask for a second floor room. IMO. That said...your rate is fantastic.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Little to no benefits for us when we stayed in January.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by david55
I don't believe the pools are designated adult/child. The larger pool has music, snack bar and tons of kids. I read recently a review where some one had their room facing the large pool and tried to change because of noise. The much smaller pool on the other side of the resort has some lounge chairs and a few tables...but no amenities. The fire pits are mostly all facing the ocean with lawn in front and not around public spaces like a pool. I just looked at the picture of your room class and they are the rooms that look very dark to me. That overhang you see outside the terrace keeps natural light out. At the very least ask for a second floor room. IMO. That said...your rate is fantastic.
I would avoid booking the terrace fire pit rooms as the lawns in front of them can be used for events. So depending on your luck, you may see a wedding, wedding rehearsal, or conference event in front of your room. In my case, we were treated to a wedding rehearsal one afternoon, and the next two days the lawn being setup and used for a conference breakfast buffet - waking up to people serving themselves breakfast outside your room wasn't what I had in mind when booking a terrace fire pit room (and no, they did not warn of any of this when checking in).
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:47 pm

Wiki says plats get $60 breakfast credit and waived resort fees. is that still happening?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have been there twice in the last year- last time right before Christmas and as Platinum did get the $60 breakfast credit and waived resort fee. If you order room service for breakfast the service charge is not included whether you are under or over the $60 limit. Also do not go to the coffee shop first as they will count that as your breakfast credit.

For one trip used the Amex FHR which included a $100 food credit and $60 breakfast credit and they credited me all food charges and resort fee.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador

Back in 2016 post-merger with SPG, I tried my new Gold status and got upgraded to a suite with pool view. It was on a weekday in November. Beginner's luck!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:06 pm

Some of the ground floor rooms have an outdoor patio gas lighted fire place --kind of neat in the evenings
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Planning to stay here or RC Marina Del Rey in September and will be flying with Emirates from LAX afterwards.

Does anyone know if RC Laguna Niguel is covered in EK Chauffeur Drive area? and if not how much the extra cost will be ?
(Pretty sure RC Marina Del Rey is covered )

Thanks !
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:30 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Does anyone know if RC Laguna Niguel is covered in EK Chauffeur Drive area? and if not how much the extra cost will be ?
(Pretty sure RC Marina Del Rey is covered )
Emirates offers chauffeur service to San Diego County, south of Laguna Niguel, so yes, it is covered.
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Wiki says plats get $60 breakfast credit and waived resort fees. is that still happening?

Anyone have a recent stay as MR Plat? Did you receive Wiki benefits listed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.