Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:01 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: damon88
Wiki Link
Platinums get free resort fee & $60 breakfast credit. It gets charged but then adjusted on folio.


Per 68 Gone are PLAT. $60 per day breakfast credit & waive of $40 per day Resort Fee
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 5, 18, 8:01 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,444
Any experience of how they treat Gold MR members?

Not expecting much, but you never know.
Gomac is offline  
Old Mar 6, 18, 9:18 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Gomac View Post
Any experience of how they treat Gold MR members?

Not expecting much, but you never know.
I stayed there last summer and got nothing as a gold. The one useful benefit is the upgrade (no guaranteed late checkout as this is a resort), but I stayed on what felt like a busy weekend - there were easily several weddings plus a conference starting on Monday that pretty much pointed to the hotel being very busy and sold out. Maybe a weekday or off peak season might yield a different result.
stormer is offline  
Old Mar 7, 18, 3:02 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,444
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
I stayed there last summer and got nothing as a gold. The one useful benefit is the upgrade (no guaranteed late checkout as this is a resort), but I stayed on what felt like a busy weekend - there were easily several weddings plus a conference starting on Monday that pretty much pointed to the hotel being very busy and sold out. Maybe a weekday or off peak season might yield a different result.
Thanks for the feedback stormer I managed to get a great rate here on a Look no Further price guarantee so pretty chuffed anyways ($699 garden/pool view rate halved to $350) and suppose I should be happy with any room at that price

I am staying here over the Easter weekend which I had expected would be busy with families but I see it isn't bank holiday in California.
Gomac is offline  
Old Mar 7, 18, 7:59 am
  #49  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
Posts: 7,456
Originally Posted by Gomac View Post
Thanks for the feedback stormer I managed to get a great rate here on a Look no Further price guarantee so pretty chuffed anyways ($699 garden/pool view rate halved to $350) and suppose I should be happy with any room at that price

I am staying here over the Easter weekend which I had expected would be busy with families but I see it isn't bank holiday in California.
I've been to the resort twice. Just a heads up. The pool/garden view rooms if they are by the main pool ( the resort has two pools) will be real noisy. Piped in music and lots of kids. Especially on a holiday weekend. Also the ground floor rooms looked dark to me because of balconies above. Void of any sunlight. I would ask which pool this room overlooks. The other pool was empty and no one was there any of the 4 days we were. Whisper quiet. In fact I guessed that most guests don't know it exists.
david55 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 18, 8:04 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,444
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
I've been to the resort twice. Just a heads up. The pool/garden view rooms if they are by the main pool ( the resort has two pools) will be real noisy. Piped in music and lots of kids. Especially on a holiday weekend. Also the ground floor rooms looked dark to me because of balconies above. Void of any sunlight. I would ask which pool this room overlooks. The other pool was empty and no one was there any of the 4 days we were. Whisper quiet. In fact I guessed that most guests don't know it exists.
Thanks for the heads up David. So is there an adults pool and a family pool at this property? My reservation actually shows a Garden View Balcony but in the details says Garden-Pool View. Was hoping for a Firepit room but maybe that’s asking a bit much!
Gomac is offline  
Old Mar 7, 18, 11:31 am
  #51  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
Posts: 7,456
Originally Posted by Gomac View Post


Thanks for the heads up David. So is there an adults pool and a family pool at this property? My reservation actually shows a Garden View Balcony but in the details says Garden-Pool View. Was hoping for a Firepit room but maybe that’s asking a bit much!
I don't believe the pools are designated adult/child. The larger pool has music, snack bar and tons of kids. I read recently a review where some one had their room facing the large pool and tried to change because of noise. The much smaller pool on the other side of the resort has some lounge chairs and a few tables...but no amenities. The fire pits are mostly all facing the ocean with lawn in front and not around public spaces like a pool. I just looked at the picture of your room class and they are the rooms that look very dark to me. That overhang you see outside the terrace keeps natural light out. At the very least ask for a second floor room. IMO. That said...your rate is fantastic.
david55 is offline  
Old Mar 7, 18, 1:36 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by Gomac View Post
Any experience of how they treat Gold MR members?

Not expecting much, but you never know.
Little to no benefits for us when we stayed in January.
bcosinteno is offline  
Old Mar 7, 18, 2:33 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
I don't believe the pools are designated adult/child. The larger pool has music, snack bar and tons of kids. I read recently a review where some one had their room facing the large pool and tried to change because of noise. The much smaller pool on the other side of the resort has some lounge chairs and a few tables...but no amenities. The fire pits are mostly all facing the ocean with lawn in front and not around public spaces like a pool. I just looked at the picture of your room class and they are the rooms that look very dark to me. That overhang you see outside the terrace keeps natural light out. At the very least ask for a second floor room. IMO. That said...your rate is fantastic.
I would avoid booking the terrace fire pit rooms as the lawns in front of them can be used for events. So depending on your luck, you may see a wedding, wedding rehearsal, or conference event in front of your room. In my case, we were treated to a wedding rehearsal one afternoon, and the next two days the lawn being setup and used for a conference breakfast buffet - waking up to people serving themselves breakfast outside your room wasn't what I had in mind when booking a terrace fire pit room (and no, they did not warn of any of this when checking in).
stormer is offline  
Old Mar 25, 18, 6:47 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,139
Wiki says plats get $60 breakfast credit and waived resort fees. is that still happening?
yerffej201 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 18, 10:57 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad,CA USA
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Posts: 1,317
I have been there twice in the last year- last time right before Christmas and as Platinum did get the $60 breakfast credit and waived resort fee. If you order room service for breakfast the service charge is not included whether you are under or over the $60 limit. Also do not go to the coffee shop first as they will count that as your breakfast credit.

For one trip used the Amex FHR which included a $100 food credit and $60 breakfast credit and they credited me all food charges and resort fee.
holocker is offline  
Old May 15, 18, 10:28 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: New york, NY
Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle and IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 130
Originally Posted by Gomac View Post
Any experience of how they treat Gold MR members?

Not expecting much, but you never know.
Back in 2016 post-merger with SPG, I tried my new Gold status and got upgraded to a suite with pool view. It was on a weekday in November. Beginner's luck!
Finance_underling is offline  
Old Jun 9, 18, 2:06 pm
  #57  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 5,642
Some of the ground floor rooms have an outdoor patio gas lighted fire place --kind of neat in the evenings
best is offline  
Old Jun 21, 18, 7:12 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Posts: 2,009
Planning to stay here or RC Marina Del Rey in September and will be flying with Emirates from LAX afterwards.

Does anyone know if RC Laguna Niguel is covered in EK Chauffeur Drive area? and if not how much the extra cost will be ?
(Pretty sure RC Marina Del Rey is covered )

Thanks !
kaizen7 is offline  
Old Jun 21, 18, 8:30 am
  #59  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 30,549
Originally Posted by kaizen7 View Post
Does anyone know if RC Laguna Niguel is covered in EK Chauffeur Drive area? and if not how much the extra cost will be ?
(Pretty sure RC Marina Del Rey is covered )
Emirates offers chauffeur service to San Diego County, south of Laguna Niguel, so yes, it is covered.
kaizen7 likes this.
SanDiego1K is offline  
Old Jun 29, 18, 2:48 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In the sky.
Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Plat.(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Posts: 759
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
Wiki says plats get $60 breakfast credit and waived resort fees. is that still happening?

Anyone have a recent stay as MR Plat? Did you receive Wiki benefits listed?
Wingtipflyer1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: