FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:33 pm
stormer

Originally Posted by david55
I don't believe the pools are designated adult/child. The larger pool has music, snack bar and tons of kids. I read recently a review where some one had their room facing the large pool and tried to change because of noise. The much smaller pool on the other side of the resort has some lounge chairs and a few tables...but no amenities. The fire pits are mostly all facing the ocean with lawn in front and not around public spaces like a pool. I just looked at the picture of your room class and they are the rooms that look very dark to me. That overhang you see outside the terrace keeps natural light out. At the very least ask for a second floor room. IMO. That said...your rate is fantastic.
I would avoid booking the terrace fire pit rooms as the lawns in front of them can be used for events. So depending on your luck, you may see a wedding, wedding rehearsal, or conference event in front of your room. In my case, we were treated to a wedding rehearsal one afternoon, and the next two days the lawn being setup and used for a conference breakfast buffet - waking up to people serving themselves breakfast outside your room wasn't what I had in mind when booking a terrace fire pit room (and no, they did not warn of any of this when checking in).