Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Daily resort fee is $60 (not waived with status or with booking a club room)
  • Wireless, high-speed Internet access in guest rooms and common areas.
  • Outdoor Yoga, Pilates, and Seaside Hikes alternate daily.
  • Shuttle service to and from Salt Creek Beach on an individual guest request basis (not applicable to group transfers).
  • Access to resort’s Beach Butler Service and use of beach recreation equipment including towel service, umbrellas, and beach chairs.
  • Unlimited use of the Tennis Courts including rackets. Tournament and clinic fees are additional.
  • Courtesy resort driver – transportation within 3 miles of the resort.
  • Complimentary 45 minute private photography session and one digital image (not applicable to special occasions and events).
  • A special Garden Tour experience where you discover Birds, Bees, and Butterflies local to Dana Point in the beautiful Eco-Adventure Garden, reserve through the [email protected] m.

Valet fee is $70 per night

Platinum benefits:
- Free breakfast is no longer offered
- 1,000 welcome points
- One category upgrade based upon availability (usually a coastline or ocean view room)

Tips from a local:
- If you want to avoid the $70 valet fee and don't mind a 10 minute stroll you can park for free on Niguel Rd & Stonehill Dr on the hill except for Friday’s between 10am and Noon.
- The marine layer usually burns off around noon to 1pm each day.
- May, June, and early July are known as “May gray/June gloom”. This time of the year is usually overcast and not the most ideal beach weather. Hot summer weather is usually July to mid-October.
- Beach Hut Deli and Moulin are cheaper places for lunch and are a ~3 minute walk. There is a hidden walking path on the backside of the property that makes walking there slightly easier at Cabrillo Isle & Ritz Carlton drive.
- If you live in the area there is a locals "anniversary" card that allows for a 15% discount on food/alcohol/spa and free valet parking for the day for two cars (not for overnight stays). You will need to show evidence that you live in the area.
- Valet is $5 for the day if visiting a restaurant or marketplace.
- The free OC Parks Summer Concert Series on the Salt Creek Beach lawn is usually a few weekends in August and is very popular locally. Alcohol is sold and usually multiple food trucks. They also have free movies on the lawn during the weekends in August.
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by m0mo
Just stayed at this hotel for the 3 day weekend. Great location with wonderful views. I did find the sound proofing very lacking. You can clearly hear people in the hallways as well as the tv and snoring from next door. Similar to other posts, I was offered a club floor upgrade at $375/night but I declined.

Also, Platinums do not get free valet parking. Was informed by the front desk at check in that platinums get free resort fee and $60 breakfast credit.

Valet Parking used to be a Plat benefit at this property. It went away in 2016 if memory serves me correctly.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone tried ubering from Van Nuys airport? How long would that take
I can stay somewhere closer, but I really like the location.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by krazieman
We did... simple. It was about $45-55
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:10 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
You can use https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/ to figure it out the cost and google maps to figure out an estimated duration. I’d guess it to be 75-120 minutes, on average, depending on the time of day and traffic.

The previous estimate of Van Nuys to RC Laguna Niguel being $45-55 is sadly in error; it would be more in the range of $105-125 if I had to guess, as agreed also by the estimator.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

You can use https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/ to figure it out the cost and google maps to figure out an estimated duration. I’d guess it to be 75-120 minutes, on average, depending on the time of day and traffic.

The previous estimate of Van Nuys to RC Laguna Niguel being $45-55 is sadly in error; it would be more in the range of $105-125 if I had to guess, as agreed also by the estimator.
You are right....silly me.... I thought Van Nuys was the same as Orange County. Sorry.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks! $45-55 would've been awesome though.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:33 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Thanks! $45-55 would've been awesome though.
If you arrive into SNA (John Wayne Orange County/Santa Ana) rather than Van Nuys/Burbank, that is the rate it likely will be!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Plat benefits= only Welcome Points

Just stayed at this RC property.

Gone are PLAT. $60 per day breakfast credit & waive of $40 per day Resort Fee.

Also, the coffee no longer has complimentary refills at The Market Place. If I remember it used to be Peets' now it is Lavazza. Sad to see the refills go away when it's close to 6 bucks for a 20oz. However, the Lavazza tastes like dirt water so coffee was a necessary evil in mornings.
Would be nice to see if they upgrade to Nespresso machines in room like many other 5* properties. Now it is the same machine and bad coffee you get at a Courtyard.

Front desk indicated rooms are to get a refresh in furnishings soon. Hopefully the carpet gets replaced as it is getting grimy in hallways & slightly musty. Overall still an excellent ocean front property. IMO the staff need some direction as many are interns left to their own devices (not a shadowing method). Spent a few days at the Dana Pool & this is where they need some coaching as service was slow. Only one young woman seems to keep moving/ working. Many congregated at the towel desk- meanwhile they could have sold many more drinks & kept the place a bit more tidy.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
Just booked 4 nights over Spring Break 2019. On line prices were ~$850 per night, but I recently obtained the Ritz Carlton Rewards Card (before it disappeared). Comes with 3 Club level upgrades per year. The reservation agent booked us on the Club level floor for ~$650 per night. This does not include resort fee ($40/night), parking ($40/night), or need to add $100 per day for our daughter to get club level benefits (certificate applies to two guests). I feel like we got a decent deal, but were then nickel and dimed to death. Have not been to this property before; look forward to checking it out.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by pubsmeister
Just booked 4 nights over Spring Break 2019. On line prices were ~$850 per night, but I recently obtained the Ritz Carlton Rewards Card (before it disappeared). Comes with 3 Club level upgrades per year. The reservation agent booked us on the Club level floor for ~$650 per night. This does not include resort fee ($40/night), parking ($40/night), or need to add $100 per day for our daughter to get club level benefits (certificate applies to two guests). I feel like we got a decent deal, but were then nickel and dimed to death. Have not been to this property before; look forward to checking it out.
The club level is an excellent way to visit this property. A a good value. ( I think) We have done it twice and never once had to eat in any of the restaurants.The club floor offers a breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks. Open bar as well. We were w/o status and the excellent concierge(s) comped our resort fee and parking.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Contemplating a February 2019 stay here. Any post-merger Platinum Premier reports? Want to do a nice or at least nice-ish Marriott/SPG stay for a 3-day weekend in the general area. May also consider the Lido House.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:35 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:38 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel up for sale again

Our old friend Anbang is the seller

Two of Orange County’s poshest coastal resorts are back on the block and might be worth nearly $1 billion combined based on a hot hotel market and the properties’ prominence.

But a buyer might get a discount due to a motivated seller—a distressed Chinese insurance firm, according to industry sources and Business Journal analysis.

Montage, Ritz Up for Sale, Again - Atlas Hospitality

Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:01 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

I’ll be here this Saturday night for dinner at enoSteak for the first time in quite a while. Don’t think my credit card will swipe for the $1 billion.

(Sorry, couldn’t wait for you, @damon88. Next time.)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Don’t think my credit card will swipe for the $1 billion.
Maybe if we pool our money!
lotrbfme likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.