Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
It is possible that AAdvantage dining will not let you sign for 2 bonuses at the same time. Perhpas the link will work once 12/1/08 arrives and the double helpings bonus is not valid any longer.

That is my hope!
Nope. I'ts 12/1 (albeit quite early in the morning), and it's not showing me Double Helpings any more at this hour, but it's certainly not showing me that new one either. So it does appear it's really targeted.

(I'm elite with AA, and thus almost always spend at least $150 cumulative anyway, to get the 500 mile bonus. If they looked at my spending patterns and saw that, I can see how they would say "don't bother giving this person this bonus, they'll spend $150 this month anyway!")
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:36 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Got the same error message when I clicked on the link: "Sorry, you are not eligible for this bonus. Please review the Bonus Terms & Conditions."

When I look at the Bonuses section, I just have the normal "rate your dine" bonus there... I guess I'll have to hope for an email invitation at a later date for this bonus. <crosses fingers>
Old Dec 1, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Robert, Here's an Early Gift From The AAdvantage Dining(SM) Program

Official E-mail finally came... link is same as above.

Dear Robert,

We would like to extend this special invitation to register for the Winter Holiday Dining Bonus* and earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $75 you spend through 12/31!

Now you have even more reasons to choose AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants for your holiday get-togethers with family, friends and co-workers. Thousands more!

Here's how to earn bonus miles when you celebrate the season:
1. Register now then dine at any participating restaurants by December 31, 2008.
2. You can also purchase gift cards from participating restaurants—they're the perfect holiday gift for everyone on your list. Just be sure to purchase the gift cards at the restaurant on days when benefits are offered.
3. Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® miles for every $75 you spend in qualified dines—no limit!

It's that simple.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:52 am

The AA Fast Track to VIP Bonus appears to be available for those who already have VIP status for 2009. You will be able to register and get the 500mile bonus for having 4 dines of $25 or more by 2/28/09.

"Want to know the quickest way to reach VIP dining status and start earning 5 AAdvantage® miles per dollar instead of just 3? Register for our Fast Track to VIP Bonus. We'll even throw in 500 bonus miles too!
Here's how to take the fast track to VIP status:

1. Register for the Fast Track to VIP Bonus* by logging in above.

2. Dine four times at participating restaurants by 2/28/09 and spend $25 or more each time.

3. You'll be upgraded to VIP dining status through 12/31/09 and begin earning 5 miles for every dollar spent - tax and tip included. Plus you'll receive 500 bonus miles ... our way of saying "congratulations"!

Fast Track to VIP Bonus Terms and Conditions
* This bonus is open to Online members only. You must opt in to receive emails in order to qualify; so make sure you have elected to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program and that you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address when you register. You must continue to satisfy other VIP level criteria to maintain VIP status.
To qualify, a dine must be $25 or more (including tax and tip) at a participating restaurant, bar or club after your advance online registration in the Fast Track to VIP Bonus (via the link above) and by February 28, 2009. Dines must occur on days when a benefit is being offered and paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. Limit one qualified dine per participating restaurant per member per calendar day toward this bonus. Offer is not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses. Limit one Fast Track to VIP Bonus per member. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by April 28, 2009. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage® account.

Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week, times of the day or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply."
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Rewards Network VIP bonus miles offer Jan - Feb 2009

iDine has a current VIP offer discussed in this thread - the amount of miles that can be earned and the dollar spend required apparently depend on one's 2008 dine history and VIP status (those who dined / spent most do not earn the most miles!)
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just to confirm

As far as we (collectively) are aware, American is the only partner with any bonus whatsoever at this time?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:21 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As far as we (collectively) are aware, American is the only partner with any bonus whatsoever at this time?
US also has a Fast Track to VIP Bonus (5 dines to qual; 1000 bonus mi):
http://usairways.rewardsnetwork.com/...=S594&detail=y
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:48 pm
Original Member

First time joining bonuses

Use these links for possible extra miles for joining and then dining:

Delta Airlines (by March 31)

Northwest Airlines (by January 12)

Alaska Airlines (by January 12)

Southwest Airlines
Old Jan 9, 2009, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
Use these links for possible extra miles for joining and then dining:

Delta Airlines (by March 31)

Northwest Airlines (by January 12)

Alaska Airlines (by January 12)

Southwest Airlines
Any sign up bonuses for Priority Club dining program?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:56 pm
Original Member

New member bonus coming for U.S. Airways

Originally Posted by dstan
US also has a Fast Track to VIP Bonus (5 dines to qual; 1000 bonus mi):
http://usairways.rewardsnetwork.com/...=S594&detail=y
The fine print of this offer says "Offer is combinable with the Dividend Miles Dining New Member Bonus that will be in effect from 1/11/09 - 3/31/09 for new Dividend Miles Dining members and Dividend Miles Dining members with no online profile only." So on 1/11 we should see an announcement of a new member bonus on U.S. Airways.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 9:32 pm
Original Member

New member bonus coming for U.S. Airways

The implied U.S. Airways bonus for new members has materialized. 1,000 miles for spending $25.

http://usairways.rewardsnetwork.com/...=S640&detail=y
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
United: Expedition Bonus

Just got this via e-mail

Planning a trip this year? Let dining help you get there. Earn over 1,200 miles for every $150 you spend when you enroll in the Expedition Dining Bonus*. See bonus details below.

$150 spend in qualified dines
750 bonus miles
450 base miles (3 miles per dollar as an Online Member)

Expedition Dining Bonus Details

*This bonus is by invitation only to Online and VIP members. You must opt in to receive emails from Mileage Plus Dining and provide a valid, deliverable email address to be eligible. If you opt out of email marketing, you will no longer be an Online or VIP member.

This bonus requires that you spend at least $150 (including tax and tip) in total qualified dines by the end of the bonus period. Qualified dines are dines at a participating restaurant, bar or club that after registering for the Expedition Dining Bonus, between January 11, 2009 and March 14, 2009. All dines must occur during a valid benefit period and paid for with a credit or debit card registered in Mileage Plus DiningSM. A maximum of 1500 bonus miles may be earned with the Expedition Dining Bonus per member in addition to base miles. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by May 31, 2009. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plus account.

Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week, times of the day or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit united.com/dining. Other limitations may apply.

Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com

Keep track of your dining bonus miles in the Rewards History section of My Account Center.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warrenc1
Just got this via e-mail

Planning a trip this year? Let dining help you get there. Earn over 1,200 miles for every $150 you spend when you enroll in the Expedition Dining Bonus*. See bonus details below.

$150 spend in qualified dines
750 bonus miles
450 base miles (3 miles per dollar as an Online Member)
Once again (like the current AAdvantage Dining VIP Select bonus, being discussed in its own thread here), different people get different versions of the offer.

In my case, it's 200 bonus miles for $40, repeatable a second time only, for a maximum of 400 bonus miles.

I guess that kind of matches my activity for recent months. (I last did a lot dining on UA over half a year ago, I think, the last time they had a giant bonus, and very little in recent months. OTOH, since AA gives their elites 500 bonus miles for $150 spending every month, I've had $150+ on AA every month last year, so they required me to do $400 spend for my AA bonus.)

At least for me this will be easy to do (if I had gotten another one with a $400 requirement it'd be impossible!), between a second dine a month (after AA) for a couple once-a-monthers near me, and the fact that it goes on two weeks after the AA bonus ends.

Btw, just as with the AA bonus, I never got an email about the bonus, but found it there in My Messages (after reading this message earlier today), and was indeed able to register.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

more on United's Expedition Dining Bonus

I forgot to mention in my message above:

To complete registering for the United bonus, I was forced to fill out a questionnaire. (There was no questionnaire with registration for the AA VIP Select bonus.)

One of the questions was how do you expect your dining to change from 2008 to 2009. The one I selected was "dining out less".

Unfortunately, they did not ask for a reason for that. Unfortunately, they'll probably assume I"m dining out less because of the economy. No, I'm dining out less because they got rid of the "rate your dine" bonus (or any other way of consistently getting at least 10 miles per dollar on every dine).
Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am not positive about this, but it seemed to me that the new United promotion provides for the same bonus, regardless of the number of time you ate under their "flag" last year -- unlike the AAdvantage bonus promotion.

I made elite under their program last year by the skin of my teeth, but my wife had no dines, and we each were given the same bonus opportunity.

By the way, as I read the promotion, it permits me the pssibility of earning 1,500 bonus miles. I read this as spending upwards of $300 to earn this, although the example they give for a much more modest earning achievement.

Comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.