Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates gone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Are 2-for-1 and 4-for-2 rates gone?

I was trying to book the Park Inn Prague with a 2-for-1 rate and it's been offered just about every weekend. However, when I looked today it's not offered all year. I started trying Dortmund, Berlin, and Hamburg Germany and didn't see any 2-for-1 rates. So I tried Istanbul, Oslo, etc, and then I also expanded to 4-for-2 rates. I wasn't able to find anything available. Of course I haven't tried every city or country.

I just wondered if anyone else is having this problem and if this is just a computer glitch or if the rates are actually being pulled? I just renewed my CC credit card mainly to have Gold status and access to these rates. That is a major devaluation to the upper status levels if these rates are pulled!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Now the page for the 2-for-1 rates seems to be blank/gone? I'm on a smartphone, but that's no reason for the page to be gone.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
I can navigate to the 2-for-1 page with no issues.

However, I tried three different cities (Prague, Budapest, and Krakow) and received the Currently Unavailable response.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Yeah, the page is there, but the availability that was there still a week ago (tried two cities I checked last week) is not there any more, and checking later dates, the status of hotels changes from 'Currently Unavailable' to 'Rate Not Offered'
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by aapee
Yeah, the page is there, but the availability that was there still a week ago (tried two cities I checked last week) is not there any more, and checking later dates, the status of hotels changes from 'Currently Unavailable' to 'Rate Not Offered'
Really hope its just system error. Sweden, Finland, Norway, Estonia... All without this rate. Last monday I made last two rsgp1p1 reservations to Romania. Travelagent (must have IATA) and carlsonfrends codes works..
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

We usually have some warning before a devaluation. I was just getting ready to book my trips for the year and was really counting on this rate. A little notice would have been nice!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Sakkis
Really hope its just system error.
if this was accor I would be more hopeful. this doesn't look good at all..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:20 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
yup, have the same problem... "Rate not offered" message for place & time I just booked the rate at...
looks like the last reason to keep the Club Carlson credit card is going out the window...
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fyd
yup, have the same problem... "Rate not offered" message for place & time I just booked the rate at...
looks like the last reason to keep the Club Carlson credit card is going out the window...
At least you booked! I had several trips in the planning stages and was getting ready to book when this happened! If this doesn't come back I am done with the credit card. I just paid my annual fee recently, ugh!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
If this is a change, I feel very lucky that I was able to use the 2-for-1 just this past weekend!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:19 am

got quite a few still booked, counted 15 2for1s and 3 4for2s. has been a great offer..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Wow if this is indeed gone for good... this is a big, big blow. There were some great deals out there.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:23 am

Good deal, and ideal for a family leisure stay.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:12 pm

yeps all gone and no warning?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAbruflyer
yeps all gone and no warning?
This is what makes me mad, not having any warning. It's the principle of it. We were given notice of other big changes, like losing the last award night free. I was in the middle of planning five European trips and hadn't made bookings yet. This is going to really hit me hard now. Even with a week, or honestly even a day, of notice I would have booked a bunch of stuff.

I'm beyond upset about how this was handled. Tweets and emails to Club Carlson have gone unanswered. Maybe the CC Rep on the board will step in and explain this decision. If they can't sustain it, fine, but let us know. And honestly, some hotels already didn't participate. I think it was a win-win, for hotels to get extra business during low periods and elites to get a special deal.

I'm upset they won't even respond about this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.