Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:54 pm
Company Representative - Radisson Hotels & Club Carlson

We have received some great feedback. Please see below for clarifications on frequently asked questions.

Do I earn Club Carlson Gold Points on Advanced Purchase?
Yes, Advanced Purchase is a qualifying rate for Club Carlson, you will be eligible to receive your bonus Gold Points if you register for the promotion and stay on the Advanced Purchase rate.

If I book through hotels.com do I still receive the 50,000 points?

Rates booked on third party sites do not qualify for earning points in Club Carlson. On radisson.com, you will get the best rate online - we guarantee it. Club Carlson members also earn bonus Gold Points® for every online booking.

Members that choose to earn miles over points
As a Club Carlson member you earn Gold Points, which you can convert to miles or you can set your earning preference to miles within the ‘my profile’ section of your account. When you select miles as your earning preference your entire balance of Gold Points and all future Gold Points earned will automatically convert to miles with the airline you have selected in 10,000 point increments. Any guest that presents an airline frequent flyer card when they check in will earn miles and therefore will not qualify for this promotion or earn Gold Points.

Does Cash & Points qualify for this promotion?
Yes. The cash portion of the stay will earn Gold Points and therefore is eligible for this promotion.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
what are the participating hotels mean? any Radisson in North America? or some secret list. i dont want the situation in which that i made a booking, and after staying, then realize that it is not participating in the promotion.

Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Radisson Hotels & Resorts
We have received some great feedback. Please see below for clarifications on frequently asked questions.

Do I earn Club Carlson Gold Points on Advanced Purchase?
Yes, Advanced Purchase is a qualifying rate for Club Carlson, you will be eligible to receive your bonus Gold Points if you register for the promotion and stay on the Advanced Purchase rate.

If I book through hotels.com do I still receive the 50,000 points?

Rates booked on third party sites do not qualify for earning points in Club Carlson. On radisson.com, you will get the best rate online - we guarantee it. Club Carlson members also earn bonus Gold Points® for every online booking.

Members that choose to earn miles over points
As a Club Carlson member you earn Gold Points, which you can convert to miles or you can set your earning preference to miles within the ‘my profile’ section of your account. When you select miles as your earning preference your entire balance of Gold Points and all future Gold Points earned will automatically convert to miles with the airline you have selected in 10,000 point increments. Any guest that presents an airline frequent flyer card when they check in will earn miles and therefore will not qualify for this promotion or earn Gold Points.

Does Cash & Points qualify for this promotion?
Yes. The cash portion of the stay will earn Gold Points and therefore is eligible for this promotion.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you also earn the bonus on the AAA and senior rates? Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
what are the participating hotels mean? any Radisson in North America? or some secret list. i dont want the situation in which that i made a booking, and after staying, then realize that it is not participating in the promotion.

Thanks.
I think it means any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel, but I may be wrong.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by pbd456

Thanks.
I wondered that too. But when I went to the website of the Radisson hotel I was about to book, it had a squarish icon and link for the BIG NIGHT GIVEAWAY promo on the right side of the home page along with other special offers the hotel is currently offering. I took that as a cue that the hotel was participating and made a printout of that home page showing the promo icon.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
All these posts mentioning the 2k online booking bonus, I am assuming all you mentioning that 2k bonus have Silver or Gold status with CC? Otherwise its 1k for us normal people.

Also, if you want to know if your hotel is considered a Radisson or not and you're not booking with cash and points, just go to radisson.com and search there. That should give you all the Radisson options. Whether the Radisson is a "participating" hotel or not is another story, but at least you're looking at the right brand.

If you choose Book with Points at radisson.com, it'll take you to Club Carlson's website, which lists all brands.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:48 pm

Just joined Club Carlson last night and then registered for the 50k bonus points. I am new to this so bear with me. When I used the Club Carlson site to look for a Radisson hotel, I found one for LAX airport for $96.75 with Advanced purchase offer. Would this count for the one night qualification? Also, if I book for December 4th arrival and december 5th departure, can I not stay overnight and just stay for several hours on December 4th?

thanks
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
When I used the Club Carlson site to look for a Radisson hotel, I found one for LAX airport for $96.75 with Advanced purchase offer. Would this count for the one night qualification? Also, if I book for December 4th arrival and december 5th departure, can I not stay overnight and just stay for several hours on December 4th?

Spooky- exactly what I am looking at: same hotel, same rate, same date, same plan - arrive 4pm and depart 9pm for flight back to Australia.
Don't book the last room!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:36 pm

are we going to get an email confirming for the 50000 points offer vs 15000 points. since i plan to book a pre-paid rate, i want to get an assurance that it will be the right offer before paying for it.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
I wondered that too. But when I went to the website of the Radisson hotel I was about to book, it had a squarish icon and link for the BIG NIGHT GIVEAWAY promo on the right side of the home page along with other special offers the hotel is currently offering. I took that as a cue that the hotel was participating and made a printout of that home page showing the promo icon.
it seems that they can make it more clear regarding a particular hotel is participating. i am ready to book once i get a confirmation of signing up the offer.

i happened to need some hotel in Dec. so. this promotion fits well. i had planned to stay with comfort inn originally as i was about to make Diamond there.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Spooky- exactly what I am looking at: same hotel, same rate, same date, same plan - arrive 4pm and depart 9pm for flight back to Australia.
Don't book the last room!
Family is flying to LAX around 4:30 P.M. I am going to meet them at Raddison for several hours than off we go for our flight to Australia leaving about 11 PM.

On the Advanced Purchase rate, it clearly states " cannot be combined with any other promotional offer" It also says one night minimum stay require"

Will this count?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:00 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by metoo
On the Advanced Purchase rate, it clearly states " cannot be combined with any other promotional offer" It also says one night minimum stay require"
I'm not sure why this is so controversial. The rep says that rate counts, so it counts.

There's really no reason you need to check out. So the one night minimum is irrelevant. Check in then leave whenever you want.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Thank you everyone who answered my questions and also Club Carlson Rep. Pleeeeeeeeeeeezed to meeeeeeecha!

I logged back in and quickly scrolled down on "profile" to find that my earning preference was......points! No worries here!

I will be booking on the Carlson website.

I will opt to do a quick stay rather than wait. The T&C's do have the "cancellation clause" :

"Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice."

I don't think that this will actually happen, and I do understand that it needed to be stated - more or less of a safety net for Club Carlson. Nevertheless, I would rather do my stay sooner, than later.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Low rate hotel - DFW

Radisson Dallas East - Last minute sale
Friday Nov 11
$55.30 --> 62.49 total with taxes.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm not sure why this is so controversial. The rep says that rate counts, so it counts.

There's really no reason you need to check out. So the one night minimum is irrelevant. Check in then leave whenever you want.
Don't you have to leave the key at the front desk or check out with Clerk?

Or do I just close the door tight and leave whenever I want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.