Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Expired, 2011 promo) Stay One Night at a Radisson, Earn 50,000 Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Doing my mattress run here today. nothing says i shouldn't get the 50K points for this booking.
Were you able to confirm that your location is a participating location?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by herzog
I just spoke with someone in reservations, who had to ask with her supervisor, and she said:

"there is ONLY one participating hotel - the Radisson Blu in Chicago".
They should read their own press release.

"The promotion begins Nov. 10 and runs through Dec. 30, 2011. Club Carlson members must register and stay one night at any Radisson hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean during the promotion time period."
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

"The promotion begins Nov. 10 and runs through Dec. 30, 2011. Club Carlson members must register and stay one night at any Radisson hotel in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean during the promotion time period."
Promotion runs 50 nights, 1 hotel, 50000 members qualify for promo- either the Radisson Blu Chicago has upwards of a thousand rooms or there will be a lot of room-sharing over the next 2 months.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Complete one Qualifying Stay at any participating Radisson® or Radisson Blu hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean ("Participating Hotels").

This is actual wording from T&C. I am little worried about the "Participating Hotels"
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Just noticed that the page didnt really change. You think they have not achieved 50K members yet?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
I registered it tonight. It says Congratulation, you are registered. So I am in for the free 50,000 points. Looked up San Diego area. Found a room for $89 best available rate. Saw hotels.com has identical room with same features and cancellation policy for only $76. BRG is submitted. Should be able to get the rate lower to $57/night plus tax. What a deal considering the points and this hotel provides free hot breakfast.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
i almost did this, but I called to ask random dates in January for the AUA property, and they said no free night awards are available, only cash + points, which was the same copay as some of the discounted rooms, so totally worthless promo for me IMO
Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by SESTAR
...Saw hotels.com has identical room with same features and cancellation policy for only $76...Should be able to get the rate lower to $57/night plus tax...
If you booked through hotels.com (a "third party site") the stay will not qualify for the purposes of this promotion. Also, using a "Family and Friends" rate for a stay will not qualify as a stay for this promotion. Only rates that normally earn Gold Points, such as Advance Purchase, AAA, Senior, and package rates qualify for the promotion bonus.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Originally Posted by muji
If you booked through hotels.com (a "third party site") the stay will not qualify for the purposes of this promotion. Also, using a "Family and Friends" rate for a stay will not qualify as a stay for this promotion. Only rates that normally earn Gold Points, such as Advance Purchase, AAA, Senior, and package rates qualify for the promotion bonus.
Thank you for the info. I did not book through hotels.com. My post stated I found a lower rate from hotels.com. I submitted a BRG claim to Radisson. So it means I booked the room from radisson website. With Radisson BRG program, they will match the rate and give extra 25% off on that so the new rate will be $56 if i'm not mistaken.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by SESTAR
...My post stated I found a lower rate from hotels.com. I submitted a BRG claim to Radisson. So it means I booked the room from radisson website. With Radisson BRG program, they will match the rate and give extra 25% off on that so the new rate will be $56 if i'm not mistaken.
I didn't know what BRG meant; now I do. Glad to hear things worked out for you!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerfrog
You have to stay at a Radisson according to one mile a time blog.
Too many uncertainties:

1. Do I have to stay at a Radisson to qualify?

2. Am I qualified for the 50K or 15K bonus?

Until I get some email confirmation, am not going to go for this.

Strongly get a sense this is being run by amateurs, not quite ready for the big league....

Last edited by travelexpert; Nov 14, 2011 at 12:04 am
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by travelexpert
...2. Am I qualified for the 50K or 15K bonus?
When I tried to register the same number again, the web page said I was already registered for 50K points. You might try that and see what it tells you.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Completed my stay on Saturday. Will update if/when points post.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Too many uncertainties:

1. Do I have to stay at a Radisson to qualify?

2. Am I quakified for the 50K or 15K bonus?

Until I get some email confirmation, am not going to go for this.

Strongly get a sense this is being run by amateurs, not quite ready for the big league....
The terms and conditions are pretty clear. There are also additional clarifications by Radisson reps and LT who has personally contacted them for further verification. They answer both questions. Not sure which part you still don't understand?

Last edited by booyaa; Nov 13, 2011 at 10:22 pm Reason: link
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Completed my stay on Saturday. Will update if/when points post.
great! Thanks! Do you mind sharing with us where you stayed, and at what rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.