Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by slowly
Sure they will. And they don't need me telling what the tax rate is, that's visible in their reservation system after all, otherwise it couldn't calculate the total.
Okay. Good luck to you.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Finally got confirmation of BRG for this Friday in Indianapolis for $25.81! My wife got Saturday for $43.39 because they were so slow in confirming the rate was gone. Still can't complain 2 nights for $69, we'll earn a little over 10,000 Gold points, and 2 free nights at any Radisson.
Now thats a deal I can live with. Just gotta figure out what to do in Indy for this weekend
How was the Indy Radisson? Just got a BRG approved for early december, figured id catch a colts game:

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $$34.13 per night plus tax. This email will serve
as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number of XXXXX will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.

If you need assistance or need to change the dates of your stay, please
call us directly at 1-800-967-9182 and refer to tracking number XXXXXX.
Any change in dates of stay or number of guests may result in a change
in rates.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:00 pm

Submitted a BRG for a lower rate on booking.com and was approved. Immediately after my claim was approved I went on booking.com to see whether the price was still there. No, they already adjusted their rate to match radisson price.

I have to say Radisson is pretty honest. They could have contacted booking.com to adjust the rate first and then decline my claim, but they didn't. They approved my claim first and then asked booking.com to adjust.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Another successful easy claim.
Radisson Blu Madrid Prado
Rate Booked: 139.50 EUR per night
Rate Found: 132 EUR including tax
New Rate: 87.75 EUR including tax
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by slowly
Nonsense….If Radisson quotes tax separately, pre-tax to pre-tax rates are compared of course.
Absoltely ^

Radisson have the right to quote taxes separately, but they don't have the right to say "sorry, we cannot compare our price to the other because the other included tax". That's rubbish. Both www.clever-hotels.com and Radisson finally show the total price and it is of course, easy to compare total versus total or it is also easy to compare pre tax versus pre tax.

And once more I cancelled my Radisson reservation and booked with SPG instead. SPG are honest and they do honor a lower rate if it is same versus same, e.g. standard room versus standard room.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
I dont think you comprehended what I said correctly. Re-read what I said again, because your point agrees with mine.

BRG's are pre tax versus pre tax. HOWEVER, if you find a website with a lower price which is tax inclusive (and doesnt break out the tax and room-rate separately), the BRG claim from the other site must be lower than the PRE TAX rate on the Radisson site. This is how all BRG's work for almost all hotel chains.

Yes. In my case it was that the 3rd party website was even including the taxes much much lower than the pre tax price on Radisson. And yet, they denied.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:57 am

For me, the booking.com rate was tax-inclusive. And it spelt out the tax rate. So on the BRG form on the comments section, I put down the calculation for them:

booking.com after-tax rate / 1.15 = booking.com pre-tax rate < radisson pre-tax rate
(suppose the tax rate is 15%)

And they happily accepted it.

I must say Radisson BRG is pretty reasonable. If they at first deny you something, don't be mad just yet. Reply to their email and lay down your argument / calculation, and in my experience they will listen.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:01 am

And another good thing about Radisson BRG is that if by the time they assess the claim the third party rate is already gone, you can send them screenshots and they will accept them, unlike some other chains where you are SOL.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
horrible

So I booked on radisson.com for the Lord Baltimore, 2 rooms, 4 nights.

Got both BRGs approved. For some reason, they pre-charged the CC even though the CSR on reservations stated she had no idea why since they were not pre paid rates.

Had to cancel 2 days due to Sandy (no flights to BWI), check in for the last 2, no BRG rate. Show them the BRG email, they keep stating that the 'manager has to take care of it' but the manager is never around.

The last day we are running late, check out, see the BRG rate, dash to the airport. I look over to make sure everything is kosher ... BRG applied to only the last night.

Call the hotel, the reservation lady they transferred me to from the front desk keeps picking up and hanging up the phone when they connect me. Call the BRG phone #, they state that all they can do it put in a ticket to get the manager to alter the price.

Long story short, they called the wife to state that all adjustments were made. I wonder how long it will take for the $$$ to show up back on the credit card?!

What an unnecessarily hard process
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Just got a BRG denied at Radisson Blue Chicago, because I booked a "City view King" and the price on www.olotels.com was for a "Double room". But the cheapest, most "standard" room is the City view King. It is quite sure if you book the "double room" you will get the City view King (as 2Q is more expensive, as well as the Lake view King).
So I answered them to look at the hotel website and show me what is a "double room", if it does not work I found an other BRG but it is some dollars more expensive.
Not very impressed by this first claim, I had the same situation with SPG many times and never had any problem...
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:26 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Sorry, but I'd have to side with Radisson on that one. They don't match up. It's not the same booking -- so the guarantee doesn't apply. If there is a problem with figuring out exactly what a "double" is compared to the City View King that Radisson has listed, then that is a problem with that 3rd-party web site -- not with Radisson, IMO.

So -- you should be complaining to the 3rd party website that you tried to match to that the room they are describing doesn't line up to anything that Radisson offers if that is really the case.

But, again, it isn't Radisson's fault that the 3rd party booking agent you are trying to match to apparently doesn't have their room description/type defined properly.

- John...
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan
Sorry, but I'd have to side with Radisson on that one. They don't match up. It's not the same booking -- so the guarantee doesn't apply. If there is a problem with figuring out exactly what a "double" is compared to the City View King that Radisson has listed, then that is a problem with that 3rd-party web site -- not with Radisson, IMO.

So -- you should be complaining to the 3rd party website that you tried to match to that the room they are describing doesn't line up to anything that Radisson offers if that is really the case.

But, again, it isn't Radisson's fault that the 3rd party booking agent you are trying to match to apparently doesn't have their room description/type defined properly.

- John...
I get your point. But for the same night I got BRG approved at the W City Center and the Westin River North, with exactly the same kind of different descriptions. So I would probably give my business to SPG instead of Radisson because their BRG is inferior, at least this time...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:30 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Just got a BRG denied at Radisson Blue Chicago, because I booked a "City view King" and the price on www.olotels.com was for a "Double room". But the cheapest, most "standard" room is the City view King. It is quite sure if you book the "double room" you will get the City view King (as 2Q is more expensive, as well as the Lake view King).
So I answered them to look at the hotel website and show me what is a "double room", if it does not work I found an other BRG but it is some dollars more expensive.
Not very impressed by this first claim, I had the same situation with SPG many times and never had any problem...
Well, the explanation was more complicated as I though first. They said, as the 1K and the 2Q room was not as the same price, and both were standard room, my "Double room" standard couldn't be consider as the same room. If the 1K and the 2Q were at the same price, it would have been ok
Even if I booked the 1K, which was the cheapest room, and he confirmed later that if I book the "Double room" on olotels, I will get a 1K City view (but the claim was still denied).

Another try on another hotel, Radisson Admiral Harbourfront in Toronto, I found a BRG at 99$ instead of 220$ on Radisson.com, same description this time.
BRG denied because, the third party website bills in euro. Even if the site quote in CAD, they found in the t&c that this is just for information and they actually bills in euro. A website with which I did many claim without any issue with SPG...

If CC cannot afford a fair BRG, maybe they could stop to give the additional 25% and be honest with their costumer...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The currency thing is part of the T&C. I don't like but but since they are the one setting up the rules then it's ok.

IHG's is much worse - they now deny anything that I file because I exceed their 'quota'. They even forge a website showing higher price than the one I saw, even though I have support from other FTers who also found the lower price.

If you want a fair BRG - then Marriott is the best. I have got denied for silly reason but the majority of the time I got it.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by nacho
The currency thing is part of the T&C. I don't like but but since they are the one setting up the rules then it's ok.
Yes you are right. It is just stupid, because it make them lost the 3rd party commission, at least, or even the whole reservation. Who is going to pay +200$ when they can buy the same room for -100$ ?

Didn't try Marriott BRG (don't really want to stay at Marriott given their so called royalty program), but I am very satisfied with the SPG one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.