Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Missing Miles and Q points submission- how long to get credited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 11:00 am
Original Poster

On the Qatar website, supposedly when you submit a missing miles claim, they take care of it within 48 hours. However when I chatted with an agent, she said to allow up to a week. It's been a couple weeks now and still nothing. The only reason I'm pressing on this is I have an upcoming flight and if the missing Q points would be credited, I could access the Admirals club in Dallas, instead of no access.

Is there any contact info to talk or chat with someone directly in the privilege club, or does someone have any recent info on how long missing mileage appears?

Thanks
Old May 28, 2023, 1:21 am

It can take months, if it happens at all. Hopefully you're talking about missing QR points or you'll be at the mercy or whatever process they have going on. I suggest raising a complaint after their suggested time period elapses as after a few months that's the only way I had my QF flight credited.
phuket_j and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:11 am

Hi, may I ask if submitting the claim for missing Avios also includes Q points? I’m about to submit for a past flight, but I noticed the claim form only references Avios and not Q points.
newEUer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by suziemay
Hi, may I ask if submitting the claim for missing Avios also includes Q points? I’m about to submit for a past flight, but I noticed the claim form only references Avios and not Q points.
It's both.

To continue this thread I'm once again missing 2 flights that will renew my Platinum for this year and I submitted over a month ago, the WhatsApp rep even submitted another one yesterday.

As per my advice above I'll be submitting a complaint next week so fingers crossed it doesn't get to that
Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by newEUer
It's both.

To continue this thread I'm once again missing 2 flights that will renew my Platinum for this year and I submitted over a month ago, the WhatsApp rep even submitted another one yesterday.

As per my advice above I'll be submitting a complaint next week so fingers crossed it doesn't get to that

Thank you! Good luck to you, and sounds like to me as well…
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:59 pm

My experience has been, if it is a partner flight, it is normal to be missing credit - I'm actually surprised when the credit shows up automatically.

Typically it appears months later after I have put in three or four requests.

Most of my partner activity would be CX, MH, or AA.
suziemay likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by rberk
My experience has been, if it is a partner flight, it is normal to be missing credit - I'm actually surprised when the credit shows up automatically.

Typically it appears months later after I have put in three or four requests.

Most of my partner activity would be CX, MH, or AA.
Seems like they are trying to impress a new Privilege Club member. I submitted missing Avios / Q points claims for three flights on AA / AA codeshare with BA via the app.
  • Submitted on 2/26
  • Received updates on all three from a human that the claims had been sent along to AA for verification on 2/27
  • Avios and Q points showed up in my account (!!!!)

I didn’t have any FF# attached to the flights as I was still contemplating whether to start fresh with QR or stick with CX where I currently have CX Gold/OW Sapphire status.

Seems like I shouldn’t expect this to be the normal experience but was pleasantly surprised nevertheless!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've had multiple flights recently post in February but with no Qpoints, just miles. Day later (after flying) they reclaim the miles posted. Any clue? Agents are clueless as to what is happening. It effected requalification for QR status at this point.

All are QR marketed/operated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.