Search

Qatar moving back to LHR T4

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
If OWE travelling in Y or J = BA Galleries First
If OWS travelling in Y or J = BA Galleries Club South, North and T5B

If travelling BA or AA F = BA Concorde Room.

In your specific case it would be any of the 3 BA Galleries Club lounges in T5 unless you’re OWE/QR Plat.
I believe Club Aspire is also an option.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by Schwann
Between 5 and 10 minutes. The tunnel is absolutely brassic in winter.
is the Hilton and Sofitel fairly similar in quality?
stayed at the Sofitel plenty of times and always had a nice stay and great breakfast.

will make the jump to the Hilton if Qatar does indeed move back in time for
my flight.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
is the Hilton and Sofitel fairly similar in quality?
stayed at the Sofitel plenty of times and always had a nice stay and great breakfast.

will make the jump to the Hilton if Qatar does indeed move back in time for
my flight.
I know this sounds odd but my preference is the Crowne Plaza T4, it is absolutely not a standard airport Crowne Plaza. I haven’t been since COVID but it was great before, food in particular was a strength with a great restaurant and breakfast (including Chapel Down English sparkling wine as part of the breakfast buffet on weekends, that’s better than you get in many 5 star hotels that offer cheap Prosecco…)
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I know this sounds odd but my preference is the Crowne Plaza T4, it is absolutely not a standard airport Crowne Plaza. I haven’t been since COVID but it was great before, food in particular was a strength with a great restaurant and breakfast (including Chapel Down English sparkling wine as part of the breakfast buffet on weekends, that’s better than you get in many 5 star hotels that offer cheap Prosecco…)
I was there last month and the food was very good and club lounge not bad either. Half the walk of the Hilton. Only negative is no swimming pool if that’s important to you which the Hilton and Sofitel have.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I was there last month and the food was very good and club lounge not bad either. Half the walk of the Hilton. Only negative is no swimming pool if that’s important to you which the Hilton and Sofitel have.
The Hilton T4 pool is gone.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards silver
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
excellent thanks for your reply, I will have a look at the crowne plaza.
it’s a pity the Heathrow express dosent stop directly at T4.

Iam trying to weigh up the pros and cons of either staying in the city or just staying at the airport, and travelling into the city on the HEX

have a late afternoon arrival into Heathrow on a Friday and the 9am departure to Doha on the Sunday, fine for me to stay in the city, but Iam travelling with elderly parents and a 1 year old also, not sure it’s worth traipsing all the bags to the city just for 1 day.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:09 am

I usually stay at the CP too. The rooms aren't huge but it's newish and reasonable value compared with many of the other options around LHR. And it's a shorter walk along that bridge than the Hilton! You may wish to request a room with either an inside or outside view on the booking, depending on your preferences. The outside rooms aren't noisy in my experience.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
excellent thanks for your reply, I will have a look at the crowne plaza.
it’s a pity the Heathrow express dosent stop directly at T4.

Iam trying to weigh up the pros and cons of either staying in the city or just staying at the airport, and travelling into the city on the HEX

have a late afternoon arrival into Heathrow on a Friday and the 9am departure to Doha on the Sunday, fine for me to stay in the city, but Iam travelling with elderly parents and a 1 year old also, not sure it’s worth traipsing all the bags to the city just for 1 day.
It's either a same platform or very short walk transfer between platforms for the Heathrow Central to T4 transfer train so it is really nothing in the scheme of things.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Flying back into LHR with QR in Feb 2023.

Took a gamble they'd be back in T4 by then & booked the Hilton T4: a room for two including full breakfast was £128.
After reading this thread have cancelled that & booked the Crowne Plaza T4 for £86, including breakfast for two & free cancellation.

Great price, thanks for the heads-up.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
I believe Club Aspire is also an option.
Yea but I wouldn't advise any sane person to go there instead lol!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:27 am

Finally, won't have to use the pathetic BA Lounges for much longer
haroon145 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by adni321
I'm due to fly from LHR mid-May on business class via Terminal 5. What lounge, if any, is available for passengers at T5?
​​​​​​​
If OWE travelling in Y or J = BA Galleries First
If OWS travelling in Y or J = BA Galleries Club South, North and T5B

If travelling BA or AA F = BA Concorde Room.

In your specific case it would be any of the 3 BA Galleries Club lounges in T5 unless you’re OWE/QR Plat.
T5B the pick of the three Galleries Club by a long way in terms of service and quietness. They also have free pour champagne (albeit only Nicolas Feuillatte) which i didn't see in the main lounges. You'll probably fly from a C gate, almost certainly C gate if on an A380 - just return to the shuttle or use the slightly surreal Level -4 walkway. You'll get a B gate if you're lucky.

If you are an Emerald the food in the First lounge is much better but many prefer the T5B lounge for the fact that it's always mostly empty.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
​​​​​​​many prefer the T5B lounge for the fact that it's always mostly empty.
I'm not sure if you've been in T5 recently as it has been rather busy quite frequently lately, there's been a significant uptick within the last fortnight itself.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
I'm not sure if you've been in T5 recently as it has been rather busy quite frequently lately, there's been a significant uptick within the last fortnight itself.
Yeah, three weeks ago. T5A was packed but T5B a relative oasis!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by St Elmos Fire
Yeah, three weeks ago. T5A was packed but T5B a relative oasis!
Ah ok hence why it makes sense why you've mentioned. Sh*t has properly hit the fan with BA and LHR since the beginning of April in particular and with the Easter break currently on as we speak, I am not expecting any better! Was there twice in the last 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.