Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:57 pm

Here's another recent experience.

Got the pre-approval back in about 24 hours of submitting my documents online.
As mentioned was not able to register the Ehteraz app until in DOH as you need to be in Qatar for it even to connect and also as a foreigner, the Visa number sticker in your passport is your unique ID. The ministry of health staff and passport control officer were all very friendly.
I had a bit of trouble registering the app as it kept saying invalid input data but then I tried my secondary phone number and it worked right away. So somehow my primary phone number got burned. Luckily I have dual SIM at all times so didn't need to buy a Qatari SIM at duty free.
I saw lots of people struggling with the app at the exit from baggage claim.
I was in my hotel 1 hour after brakes on at the gate.
Ehteraz app is checked basically everywhere you go inside in Doha and masks are worn everywhere in public, even see many people wearing them outside..was not asked to show proof of vaccination anywhere however.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Same here, immigration was fast and smooth, but registering in the Etheraz app was annoying.
They should give you the instruction, that you have to register with the Visa number, you got with the sticker in your passport and not with passport number, cause that doesn’t work as an foreigner.
But the staff was helpful. You don’t need mobile data, only phone reception and Wi-Fi, as they will send you a code that you have to enter to finish the registration.
After leaving the airport we drove with the taxi to the hotel and returned to the airport 8 hours later.
To get into the airport, we had to show the Etheraz app again, the hotel didn’t want to see it.
So we only needed the app to leave and to return to the airport . A waste of time in my eyes…
nilsfr69 and northinsouth like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
Same here, immigration was fast and smooth, but registering in the Etheraz app was annoying.
They should give you the instruction, that you have to register with the Visa number, you got with the sticker in your passport and not with passport number, cause that doesn’t work as an foreigner.
But the staff was helpful. You don’t need mobile data, only phone reception and Wi-Fi, as they will send you a code that you have to enter to finish the registration.
After leaving the airport we drove with the taxi to the hotel and returned to the airport 8 hours later.
To get into the airport, we had to show the Etheraz app again, the hotel didn’t want to see it.
So we only needed the app to leave and to return to the airport . A waste of time in my eyes…
That is incredibly rare for a hotel (or anywhere in Doha) not to ask to see the app when entering.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mb123
That you didn't need to enter any establishment requiring app confirmation was a quirk of the particularly limited nature of your visit - and an apparent lax approach to the regulations on the part of your hotel.

An alternative regime avoiding the app verification would likely involve hermetic isolation during your stay: something few of us would welcome.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
If you've got bags checked in, you'll have to enter Qatar to collect them and check-in again for the QR flight.

If you are bag-free you'll be OK except for TK a Istanbul seeing you as a one-way passenger to Doha, and likely insisting you satisfy Qatar requirements for entry.
Has anyone had any first hand experience? I am kind of in the same boat. Planning to not check any bags in. Flying to DOH with QR and then flying the same day on Etihad to AUH. Just want to transit and not enter Qatar.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by anchtiger
Has anyone had any first hand experience? I am kind of in the same boat. Planning to not check any bags in. Flying to DOH with QR and then flying the same day on Etihad to AUH. Just want to transit and not enter Qatar.
Already answered in the other thread where you asked.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by Ben_W
That is incredibly rare for a hotel (or anywhere in Doha) not to ask to see the app when entering.
It was already late at night when checking in and we only stayed a few hours there,, so that may be the reason…
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Arrived in Doha early this morning from London and thought I’d provide details of my experience.

Got our PCR test results about 60 hours before arrival and filled in our Ehteraz application shortly after. It was approved about 30 hours after submission well ahead of us heading to LHR. Travelling in business on QR4 we queued at checkin for around 20-30 minutes. Once at the desk the agent checked our documents. Also had to see hotel confirmation numbers too.

On arrival into Doha were bussed into the terminal and first had to join a queue to get our Ehteraz form checked. This took maybe 10 minutes. Next into the immigration hall and again a queue of around 25 minutes. Once into the baggage hall I knew we had to sort out the app before we could exit. If only information was put up around the hall, as it’s quite a simple process. Instead at the exit there were loads of people, us included trying to get the app working.

It’s very simple. Join the Ehteraz download WiFi and have Bluetooth on. Then open the app. For us entering with a visa on arrival add your visa number and other details and after a few seconds you should be done with your green QR code displayed.
fbrdky likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Already answered in the other thread where you asked.
Got it. Thank you. I'm rethinking my options here...what if in the scenario of (2) 1 way QR tickets...I'm assuming that's okay as long as I'm not checking any bags in. Is that the right assumption?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by dalbyl
Arrived in Doha early this morning from London and thought I’d provide details of my experience.

Got our PCR test results about 60 hours before arrival and filled in our Ehteraz application shortly after. It was approved about 30 hours after submission well ahead of us heading to LHR. Travelling in business on QR4 we queued at checkin for around 20-30 minutes. Once at the desk the agent checked our documents. Also had to see hotel confirmation numbers too.

On arrival into Doha were bussed into the terminal and first had to join a queue to get our Ehteraz form checked. This took maybe 10 minutes. Next into the immigration hall and again a queue of around 25 minutes. Once into the baggage hall I knew we had to sort out the app before we could exit. If only information was put up around the hall, as it’s quite a simple process. Instead at the exit there were loads of people, us included trying to get the app working.

It’s very simple. Join the Ehteraz download WiFi and have Bluetooth on. Then open the app. For us entering with a visa on arrival add your visa number and other details and after a few seconds you should be done with your green QR code displayed.
Its good to hear these experiences. As I resident my experience is different but I have friends and family vising in the next few weeks/months so I am trying to sort everything out for them!
The only difference being you say at the check in they wanted to check your hotel confirmation? Visitors will be staying with me so hopefully the address I give them should be enough.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ben_W
Its good to hear these experiences. As I resident my experience is different but I have friends and family vising in the next few weeks/months so I am trying to sort everything out for them!
The only difference being you say at the check in they wanted to check your hotel confirmation? Visitors will be staying with me so hopefully the address I give them should be enough.
I can only imagine so. Make sure they know where you live!
Ben_W likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:38 am

I will be traveling mid December fully vaxed MIA-DOH-BKK would I be allowed during my 8 hour layover to do a 4 hour city tour? And correct me if I'm wrong i can only apply for ehteraz once i have my negative pcr?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by David613
I will be traveling mid December fully vaxed MIA-DOH-BKK would I be allowed during my 8 hour layover to do a 4 hour city tour? And correct me if I'm wrong i can only apply for ehteraz once i have my negative pcr?
Sure, if you meet all the other entry requirements. You have to download their contact tracing app as well. You can only apply for Ehteraz for after you have your negative PCR test.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by fbrdky
Sure, if you meet all the other entry requirements. You have to download their contact tracing app as well. You can only apply for Ehteraz for after you have your negative PCR test.

Thanks!! Do i have to give a address to immigration as i wont actually be staying anywhere just doing a tour and coming right back to the airport
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by David613
Thanks!! Do i have to give a address to immigration as i wont actually be staying anywhere just doing a tour and coming right back to the airport
I suppose you could put down the address of the tour company or just "in transit" in the relevant field.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.