Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The answer is NO. The entry conditions for Al Safwa pre-COVID were;

- Traveling on First Class out of DOH on any oneworld airline ( QR upgrades with Qmiles, cash upgrades, etc... were excluded )
- Traveling on First Class in to DOH on a flight over 5 hours on any oneworld airline & flying on a oneworld flight under 5 hours in any cabin out of DOH ( QR upgrades with Qmiles, cash upgrades, etc... were excluded )
- Traveling on QR Business Class & holding QRPC Platinum status ( both at the same time )
- Paying the $180 upcharge when traveling in QR Business Class

* At the time Al Safwa was last open, Business Classic ( R fare class ) was not yet introduced so we still don't know what would happen with the entry rules when Al Safwa actually re-opens.

However, Al Safwa was never an OWE Lounge and probably wouldn't be for the entire time.

Also, even if you were eligible for a day room in Al Safwa, you wouldn't be able to reserve it in advance.
Thank you for this very detailed answer, excellent job as usual. You are a true gift to this thread. I would be more than happy to pay that $180. I just wonder if I can get a bed at all during that time. The way there the layover is 8 hours starting at 5pm then on the way back the layover is 8 hours starting around midnight.

I have the Oryx hotel booked for the way there. If I like it enough I will get it for the return too.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Thank you for this very detailed answer, excellent job as usual. You are a true gift to this thread. I would be more than happy to pay that $180. I just wonder if I can get a bed at all during that time. The way there the layover is 8 hours starting at 5pm then on the way back the layover is 8 hours starting around midnight.

I have the Oryx hotel booked for the way there. If I like it enough I will get it for the return too.
I am not sure when you're trip is but as others mentioned in numerous threads the Al Safwa Lounge is currently closed and there is no opening date set.
I would suggest you to ask the bed question when the Al Safwa Lounge re-opens.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I am not sure when you're trip is but as others mentioned in numerous threads the Al Safwa Lounge is currently closed and there is no opening date set.
I would suggest you to ask the bed question when the Al Safwa Lounge re-opens.
Then I guess it’s off to the Oryx until they reopen Al-Safwa.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by realgaga
Yes, you can choose either a refund to the original form of payment or converting the remaining value into an EMD (voucher) with an additional 10% non-refundable value.
Do keep in mind that you'll have to be admissible into Doha when flying PRG-DOH otherwise you will be denied boarding.
Thank you, I opted for booking another award from SOF on A320 with lie flat..I know, subject to change but I will give it a try. Entry should be okay, fully vaccinated EU passport holder.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by marcokng
Pretty much called every week but eventually wrote in to Customer Services - that seemed to expedite things a little.
I have been waiting for a complicated refund (iirc it’s layers of rebookings and vouchers) for some 8 months now. Last called in May and got a reference number but nothing new since. Mind telling me the email you reached out to?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew35K
I have been waiting for a complicated refund (iirc it’s layers of rebookings and vouchers) for some 8 months now. Last called in May and got a reference number but nothing new since. Mind telling me the email you reached out to?
Try their whatsapp number and text them at +974 4023 0000

also try them on Twitter and make sure to publicly call them out in addition to DMing them.
Andrew35K likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
It was just their contact us webform but as the text box was too small for what I wanted to write, I put it all in a PDF and attached it before submission. Someone came back to me in 24 hours and the money returned about 5 days later.
Andrew35K likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests

You can make a request for follow up via ZenDesk too.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

How do I request a voucher in exchange for my booking? On the website it redirects to customer care number, anyway to do it online?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I booked ARN-DOH-SIN for November online but need to change the dates. I'm in the U.S. and booked J/F awards to go to and from ARN, but I can't find similar awards now. I'm thinking of cancelling ARN-SIN and converting the value to a voucher, then using the voucher as part of the payment on a ticket U.S. to DOH for the new dates (later in November). From reading upthread it seems that if I request a voucher using the form, it can take a few weeks, but if I call and manage to get through to an agent, it's pretty much instantaneous. Does this seem a reasonable plan? The US-SIN flights aren't available in R, so they'd cost a good bit more, but the extra 10% will help a bit.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by kumarshah
How do I request a voucher in exchange for my booking? On the website it redirects to customer care number, anyway to do it online?
You should be able to submit a request through MMB, but if not you'll have to call in.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by anabolism
it seems that I if I request a voucher using the form, it can take a few weeks, but if I call and manage to get through to an agent, it's pretty much instantaneous.
My experience with 2 voucher requests made earlier this year by phone is that they take around 2 weeks.

Last time however, when I had to cancel more flights in early July, I was denied a voucher and told my only option was a refund - and that took around 4 weeks to come through
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:48 am

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if you can request a refund of the voucher (obviously without +10%)? Didn't realize it took two weeks to get the voucher and need the value ASAP.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if you can request a refund of the voucher (obviously without +10%)? Didn't realize it took two weeks to get the voucher and need the value ASAP.
Wholly unused EMDs are refundable, but partially used ones aren't.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
You don't need to get a voucher as an intermediary step. Either just ask for a refund straight out, or if you've already asked for a voucher, contact QR again and ask them to cancel that and give you a refund

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.