Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I really would just like to thank everyone in here. With all these schedule changes, cancellations, constantly adapting policies, moving operating days, and all the other BS that’s been involved with these QR tickets since we booked them over a year ago, I would be totally lost without you guys. The information and resources people have provided to me here have been immensely helpful.

A very big thank you to all of you!
SK AAR, Alfredbali and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Spending 4 nights in Cambodia might not be great given all the entry requirements (need visa, health insurance , 14-day quarantine etc..)
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I really would just like to thank everyone in here. With all these schedule changes, cancellations, constantly adapting policies, moving operating days, and all the other BS that’s been involved with these QR tickets since we booked them over a year ago, I would be totally lost without you guys. The information and resources people have provided to me here have been immensely helpful.

A very big thank you to all of you!
You deserve a reward for calling up the inept QR call centre as much as you did.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Spending 4 nights in Cambodia might not be great given all the entry requirements (need visa, health insurance , 14-day quarantine etc..)
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Thanks for this I was actually just going to research it. I was hoping that all that was going to go away by the time my trip comes up in January 2022. However if it doesn’t, I’m not sure what Qatar wants me to do?

Remember the crazy days where we’d get some great mileage runs for a few days and be able to go in and out of the country for the deal? Wow we’re we crazy back then!
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:12 am

Thanks for this I was actually just going to research it. I was hoping that all that was going to go away by the time my trip comes up in January 2022. However if it doesn’t, I’m not sure what Qatar wants me to do?

Remember the crazy days where we’d get some great mileage runs for a few days and be able to go in and out of the country for the deal? Wow we’re we crazy back then!
Just go to Dubai!
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Just go to Dubai!
Exactly, Phnom Penh is not likely to open anytime soon.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:38 am

I’m not sure they’d let me switch to dubai which isn’t anywhere close to PNH. Is there another SE Asian country which seems to be opening sooner? I thought I was limited to within 500 miles anyway? I haven’t checked the news, but what’s so bad with Cambodia? Surely things will pick up and be better by the winter months which is their high time for tourists.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:16 am

Thailand is your other option.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Notwithstanding the account is now closed, your rights and protections under the Consumer Credit Act persist.
It may fall to that. I’ve had 1 out of three transactions refunded today…hoping the other two come through in the next few days. If not, I’ll be picking up with the credit card provider.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I’m not sure they’d let me switch to dubai which isn’t anywhere close to PNH. Is there another SE Asian country which seems to be opening sooner? I thought I was limited to within 500 miles anyway? I haven’t checked the news, but what’s so bad with Cambodia? Surely things will pick up and be better by the winter months which is their high time for tourists.
Unfortunately covid has demonstrated that it has no seasonality. It initially was believed that is might be winter disease like influenza, but evidence has proven that wrong.
Despite very limited testing, Cambodia has an explosion of cases since April. And it does not have extensive hospital facilities like Dubai. The crisis with the delta variant might slow down in the next six months, but new variants could appear. Personally, I would not like to be trapped in a country with limited hospital care. And the numerous cases of long covid that I see around me (mild symptoms when infected, but many sequels months thereafter) would make me very cautious.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I haven’t checked the news, but what’s so bad with Cambodia? .
Maybe this:

Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: black is magic
What are the rules regarding ticket validity?
I booked a ticket in March 2020 from EU -> SYD for December 2020, had to reschedule to March 2021 and then November 2021. As it looks very unlikely to travel in 3 months we would prefer to postpone by 1 year to November 2022. Obviously this would be 2.5 years after the initial ticket was bought, but since the last change/issue was in March 2021, it would be 1.5 years from last re-issue.

Would the change to Nov 2022 be possible? Obviously only if the rules get changed for travel till end of 2022.
BTA likes this.

Last edited by Thomas_B; Aug 3, 2021 at 7:00 am
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by marcokng
It may fall to that. I’ve had 1 out of three transactions refunded today…hoping the other two come through in the next few days. If not, I’ll be picking up with the credit card provider.
Just reporting back…after 8 weeks, all funds have finally been refunded back to me.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by marcokng
Just reporting back…after 8 weeks, all funds have finally been refunded back to me.
Wow 8 weeks! Congratulations nevertheless.
Any insight into what caused the delay?
I am now waiting 3+ weeks for my refund. Any suggestion of what I should/should not do?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 6:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
What are the updated rules for rerouting due to involuntary changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.