Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by senior70
So, do you guys think they will extend this ? The 31st of August is coming up pretty quick.
QR currently are "extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy for travel up to 31 May 2022.*" without a booking deadline.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by LukeO9
QR currently are "extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy for travel up to 31 May 2022.*" without a booking deadline.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see:
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:40 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by realgaga
Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see:
QR have taken away the booking deadline that had appeared from where I quoted.
Obviously a deliberate act.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:39 am

Waiting for 6 weeks now for refund. Called customer service twice. (1 week apart)
First agent sent a mail to "refund department".
Second agent (one week later) says that since my refund request is still "processing", and first agent already escalated it, nothing much he (or I) can do but wait.

The US DOT website says:
  • If a passenger is owed a refund, an airline, travel agent, or online travel agency must process it within seven business days if the passenger paid by credit card, and 20 business days if the passenger paid by cash or check.

I am debating whether to launch to DOT complaint.
Any suggestions about what else I can do?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LukeO9
QR have taken away the booking deadline that had appeared from where I quoted.
Obviously a deliberate act.
On the UK website there's no longer a "fullT&C" link, though the PDF attached to the webpage maintains the end-August deadline.

But this is Qatar Airways: carelessness, inconsistency and ambiguity are features of the airline's marketing.

NWplatinum likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:15 am

Yes, I saw that yesterday. I was like, are they trying to confuse people,or do they plan to change it.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:24 am

Also, they are now confusing me with the new setup. So, before, I knew, I had to travel before the end of next may. Now, do you also have to do the " rebook" travel by then too,
Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:22 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I finally got through to the call center this afternoon, another 40 or so minutes on hold. They told me because my ticket was issued before August 31, I could make changes any time. The August 31 deadline is for issues tickets, I assumed that meant reissued tickets too, but seemingly not.

Of concern is that while I was trying to change both outbound and return legs of my trip, and only the return had an involuntary change, the agent said only the return could be changed without paying fare difference. I don't think this is correct. I hope not anyway. I will try calling back, but hoping someone here can clarify?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BTA
I finally got through to the call center this afternoon, another 40 or so minutes on hold. They told me because my ticket was issued before August 31, I could make changes any time. The August 31 deadline is for issues tickets, I assumed that meant reissued tickets too, but seemingly not.

Of concern is that while I was trying to change both outbound and return legs of my trip, and only the return had an involuntary change, the agent said only the return could be changed without paying fare difference. I don't think this is correct. I hope not anyway. I will try calling back, but hoping someone here can clarify?
A trick to get right through to QR reservations: Press 2 that you’re a travel agent.
BTA likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:55 pm

BTA, just to clarify. If I buy our tickets by the 31st, for a trip next March and we have to cancel, I have two years from next March to use the tickets?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
A trick to get right through to QR reservations: Press 2 that you’re a travel agent.
What if they make the change and then ask you to reissue the ticket yourself using your own your GDS?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
On the UK website there's no longer a "fullT&C" link, though the PDF attached to the webpage maintains the end-August deadline.

But this is Qatar Airways: carelessness, inconsistency and ambiguity are features of the airline's marketing.

LukeO9 isn't talking about the trade version of the website, but the passenger version (https://www.qatarairways.com/en-hk/t...onfidence.html).
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by BTA

The agent should be wrong, HUCA.
BTA likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by senior70
BTA, just to clarify. If I buy our tickets by the 31st, for a trip next March and we have to cancel, I have two years from next March to use the tickets?
No. Tickets are valid for 2 years from the date of issuance.
BTA likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Currently the website states:
We understand your need to feel safe, so that you can travel confidently during these times. That is why we are extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy for travel up to 31 May 2022.*
I think as recently as 2 days ago it had text noting the requirement to purchase tickets by 8/31,but that now is gone.

However, I am wanting to book travel for June 2022. Does anyone have any idea if they will change this "travel up to 31 May 2022" to extend it out any time soon? I'd like to book in next week or two but don't want to be stuck with non-refundable tickets if anything changes next June.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.