Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by cesc
Anyone know if voluntary same country origin changes are being allowed without paying fare difference? Currently booked departing JFK next week and want to switch to PHL.
The 'amend travel route' option is only available for involuntary scenarios only.
If you wish to change your origin/destination without an involuntary scenario, your ticket will have to be reticketed and repriced (difference in fare, taxes, fees, charges, surcharges) along with the rebooking penalty.
JohnAx, cesc and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
Two further questions regarding this book with confidence policy and amendments:

Q1: What is the latest amendment time before flight. Our flight HEL-DOH-BKK is on 1st January. And if I wait as long as possible more dates will open for December 2021 and that is when we want to travel.

Q2: If I make an amendment now, let's say for July 2021. Am I able to change it once more for example until December 2021 without paying extra as long as it is same destination and in same booking category?

Thank you for helping out
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by cesc
Anyone know if voluntary same country origin changes are being allowed without paying fare difference? Currently booked departing JFK next week and want to switch to PHL.
Call and nicely say that JFK has some quarantine and testing rules (true) which PHL does not have.

While technically that shouldn't count, this worked for me in making this an "involuntary change" which then allowed for free location changes.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA *G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You're welcome

Don't forget to report back about your rebooking experience when it's all done.
Thank you.
Managed to (involuntarily ) change my December BKK flight to Tokyo!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by leontief
Thanks for reporting back.
I hope that Japan would open their borders while you are traveling.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by leontief
Unless you are Japanese or have a special visa, I do not see how you can enter Japan.this month.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: UA *G
Originally Posted by brunos
Unless you are Japanese or have a special visa, I do not see how you can enter Japan.this month.
I pushed my dates out well into 2021.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Please don't forget to report back your experience with QR.
I promised to report as soon as i have something new.

I called again customer service and they denied that HEL-DOH-BKK Thailand would qualify as a involuntary scenario since Thailand is open to tourists (with 14 quarantine in a hotel)

So, i changed the J booking until end of October 2021 Price was higher but Qatar waived the fare difference.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is there a consensus on the best call center? I’ve had luck with their Qatar number, but it’s so expensive on Skype. Australia is also kind of expensive, but they’re not picking up. I’ve also tried Poland and I’m also on hold now.

if you push that you want to speak in polish and then talk in English if you’ll get spoken to quicker?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:26 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I’m US based. I just call the US number, and it routes to various spots. A recent change showed my new ticket was issue by a center in India.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:32 am

Also when calling Qatar number in Finland it is connected at least now to Doha. My tickets were issued there on friday.

I would think that they may only charge local call since i am dialling +358 ... Cannot check because, I have a company mobile and no access to my mobile phone bill.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The English speaking hotline is pool based. The number you called does not depend on which call center you would connect to. It's completely random and based on the availability of the agents.
However, there is one exception that QR Gold and QR Platinum members would always connect to the main service center at Doha.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is there a consensus on the best call center? I’ve had luck with their Qatar number, but it’s so expensive on Skype. Australia is also kind of expensive, but they’re not picking up. I’ve also tried Poland and I’m also on hold now.

if you push that you want to speak in polish and then talk in English if you’ll get spoken to quicker?
I ended up switching from Skype to Google Voice. I find the pay as you go costs on GV about 2/3 that of Skype.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I think it depends on the time of day given the traffic during that time. I just used the US number, was connected to the Doha call center and switched my ticket from LAX origin to SEA now.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I called the UK hotline before and was connected to an agent in India.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.