Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I finally got the flight that I wanted. But then they suspended service to Cambodia until October 31. So that was an involuntary change by them.

I would like to, at this point, go somewhere in Europe. But since my destination that was canceled is PNH, I’m restricted to only within 500 miles of PNH, right?
SamirD likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I finally got the flight that I wanted. But then they suspended service to Cambodia until October 31. So that was an involuntary change by them.

I would like to, at this point, go somewhere in Europe. But since my destination that was canceled is PNH, I’m restricted to only within 500 miles of PNH, right?
Yes, you are restricted to 500 miles radius within PNH.
If you would like change your destination to Europe, you could do it by paying the fare difference.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 9:48 am

Have searched this thread and have seen hit or miss reports about booking through Amex Travel, and then receiving a cash refund under these policies if you need to cancel/change the flight. Does anyone have any experience on this recently?

I would save $300 per ticket (2 ppl) under the IAP program, trying to determine if worth it to involve them for the savings as opposed to just being able to work with the airline directly. Thanks
SamirD likes this.
Old May 21, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Have searched this thread and have seen hit or miss reports about booking through Amex Travel, and then receiving a cash refund under these policies if you need to cancel/change the flight. Does anyone have any experience on this recently?

I would save $300 per ticket (2 ppl) under the IAP program, trying to determine if worth it to involve them for the savings as opposed to just being able to work with the airline directly. Thanks
I hope amex will be better than chase as they wanted to charge a fee on a refund. Very interested in your results so please post back with what happened.
Old May 22, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have found Amex Travel UK much easier to deal with then QR themselves in the past.
SamirD, plunet and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old May 23, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I have found Amex Travel UK much easier to deal with then QR themselves in the past.
Thank you

I have a separate DP to report. Booked flight on May 6, re-booked and canceled b/c a better price became available on May 11, received refund back on credit card on May 20. The refund shows backdated to May 6, so appears oddly on the statement, but refunded nonetheless. I never received an email like the agent promised about the canceled flight, but noticed the PNR didn't appear in my account anymore so figured it was canceled regardless. Pleased with the time and ease.

CC:

Originally Posted by Wanderwithme
I purchased a ticket jfk-nbo-sez-jfk for december 2021, but now i see the jfk-nbo-sez-ord is $400 cheaper than what I paid (i live in Chicago so it saves me flying back from NYC). I can't make the change on the website, it only allows me to change NBO or SEZ. Two days ago the flight was $600 cheaper. Should I just buy the new flight and then cancel the old flight in the morning? I don't want to miss out on the new price and the chance to fly straight home.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, you are restricted to 500 miles radius within PNH.
If you would like change your destination to Europe, you could do it by paying the fare difference.
definitely not paying the fare difference. What about my original ticket being to Kiev Ukraine? Since this was canceled due to them suspending service to Cambodia, can I book within 500 miles of Kiev? Would an agent buy this?

One more thing: did QR extend our travel to be completed through June 2022 if we booked in April of 2020?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by NWplatinum; May 24, 2021 at 2:20 am
Old May 24, 2021, 2:41 am

Easy question, hard to find the answer: does the currency of my voucher (USD) matter that much? Could I redeem it for a ticket that prices in EUR, for example?
SamirD likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Easy question, hard to find the answer: does the currency of my voucher (USD) matter that much? Could I redeem it for a ticket that prices in EUR, for example?
Yes you can, but the exchange rate will be set by QR and others have reported losing a chunk of money due to the conversion.
SamirD and Travel-Quinten like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
definitely not paying the fare difference. What about my original ticket being to Kiev Ukraine? Since this was canceled due to them suspending service to Cambodia, can I book within 500 miles of Kiev? Would an agent buy this?

One more thing: did QR extend our travel to be completed through June 2022 if we booked in April of 2020?
You might try your luck but all QR destinations within 500 miles radius of Kiev ( Bucharest, Warsaw, Moscow ) are closed to US citizens at this time. My advice would remain the same, do not book any "maybe" itineraries that you can't make it: both in terms of border restrictions and dates.

Also QR extended the travel deadline till 31 May 2022. You must complete travel by that date.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:03 am

Are they able to make R space just appear? I purposely chose dates to rebook when only I class was showing available since it was an involuntary schedule change. But they were able to rebook all segments into R class.

PS are we still able to get unlimited date changes if they operate into Cambodia earlier than expected?
SamirD likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are they able to make R space just appear? I purposely chose dates to rebook when only I class was showing available since it was an involuntary schedule change. But they were able to rebook all segments into R class.

PS are we still able to get unlimited date changes if they operate into Cambodia earlier than expected?
As your fare basis is "R", despite availability in "R" fare class, you would always get "R" fare class privileges. There is no way to change your fare basis unless you pay the fare difference between your discounted JFK-KBP ticket and the current "I" fare class fare on the route you are planning to fly.

You would get free unlimited date changes, however, if this change is not made subsequent to an involuntary situation, the fare difference would apply so if this is the case where you think there is a possibility that they could start flying to Cambodia earlier than planned, do not take action at this point and do not rebook yourself.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:32 am

I booked BKK-DXB last week for December and already had a major schedule change. I understand I can change my destination (but only within 500 miles). Can I also change my origin? Would be good to change to HKT, possibly. Assuming there are no fees since the change was involuntary?
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by daniellovesflying; May 24, 2021 at 5:38 am
Old May 24, 2021, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
I booked BKK-DXB last week for December and already had a major schedule change. I understand I can change my destination (but only within 500 miles). Can I also change my origin? Would be good to change TK HKT, possibly. Assuming there are no fees since the change was involuntary?
Yes you could change your origin for free within the same country.
There would be no change fees and no fare difference would be collected as your situation is involuntary.
SamirD and daniellovesflying like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As your fare basis is "R", despite availability in "R" fare class, you would always get "R" fare class privileges. There is no way to change your fare basis unless you pay the fare difference between your discounted JFK-KBP ticket and the current "I" fare class fare on the route you are planning to fly.

You would get free unlimited date changes, however, if this change is not made subsequent to an involuntary situation, the fare difference would apply so if this is the case where you think there is a possibility that they could start flying to Cambodia earlier than planned, do not take action at this point and do not rebook yourself.
Oops too late. That’s okay, I don’t think I want to go before the end of October anyway, It’ll be too hot.
SamirD and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.