Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

Athens with BA according to his latest posts in the BA forum.
If I'm not wrong he cancelled his famous QR ticket for a full refund when QR said stop and told the OP that voluntary changes require a fare difference.
How the mighty have fallen. Should have at least done SEA-ATH on QR, or whatever that deal was!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Schwann
Where are you off to now?

This last year really has been the year of NWAPlatinum being booked to fly everywhere but go nowhere, with the added bonus of having some issue with QR rebooking the ticket every month. I think we've been to Kiev, Bangkok, Phnom Penh.. now back to Bangkok?
I thought I was the only one following NW's endless ticket iterations. I believe the original ticket was Boston Kiev, but that quickly morphed into San Francisco Bangkok before entering into a complicated stand-off to switch Bangkok to Phnom Penh.

With neither of those places likely to welcome visitors anytime soon, the original destination of Ukraine could have some attraction.
NWplatinum, Schwann and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I thought I was the only one following NW's endless ticket iterations. I believe the original ticket was Boston Kiev, but that quickly morphed into San Francisco Bangkok before entering into a complicated stand-off to switch Bangkok to Phnom Penh.

With neither of those places likely to welcome visitors anytime soon, the original destination of Ukraine could have some attraction.
I'm not much better.. I've lost track of some of my ticket iterations, Singapore to KL to Langkawi to Phuket.

Thailand is looking more hopeful than it was, but we shall see!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Schwann
Thailand is looking more hopeful than it was, but we shall see!
Phuket Island only, like Bali Island only in Indonesia (addendum: as hopeful).
Schwann and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by LukeO9; Jun 29, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

We're going off-subject but I still wonder how someone in Sean Doyle's office has offered rebooking help to him as other people in the forum doesn't ( GGL's ) get that exclusive service.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Phuket Island only, like Bali Island only in Indonesia.

I believe Jakarta is and has been for some time the only Indonesian airport open to international flights, with onward travel to Bali (and elsewhere in Indo) available after quarantine. Bali's wider opening was pencilled in for July, but that's been shelved. Phuket is gearing up to open to foreigners, but the restrictions and risks building up around access make it a wildly unattractive option.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I believe Jakarta is and has been for some time the only Indonesian airport open to international flights, with onward travel to Bali (and elsewhere in Indo) available after quarantine. Bali's wider opening was pencilled in for July, but that's been shelved. Phuket is gearing up to open to foreigners, but the restrictions and risks building up around access make it a wildly unattractive option.
That's also what I know regarding Indonesia; you need to fly to Jakarta and go under hotel quarantine there before heading to your final destination in Indonesia.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
Phuket Island only, like Bali Island only in Indonesia.
Indeed, tentatively have a QR HKT booking for October but it could be more hassle than it's worth.. before you even consider the UK red list implications for transiting Doha if that is still a thing.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
That's also what I know regarding Indonesia; you need to fly to Jakarta and go under hotel quarantine there before heading to your final destination in Indonesia.
Not strictly true Medan (Sumatra) has limited access from Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m glad I could be a source of entertainment for some in this thread.

the Athens flight is a separate BA deal to finally go somewhere that should be open unless further lockdowns come.
Schwann and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:42 pm

I believe currently only B211 business visa is possible to Indonesia with 5 day quarantine.

Last edited by mileageking; Jun 29, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
QR's site now indicates that "we are extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy, applicable to tickets issued up to 31 August 2021."

Have been debating whether to request a refund for a trip later this year that likely won't happen; hopefully this means I have a couple more months to decide.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by aacar
QR's site now indicates that "we are extending the validity of our guaranteed flexibility policy, applicable to tickets issued up to 31 August 2021."

Have been debating whether to request a refund for a trip later this year that likely won't happen; hopefully this means I have a couple more months to decide.
I'll update the wiki once the trade version of the policy comes out.

Edit: Wiki updated.
aacar, Traveller999 and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by realgaga; Jul 1, 2021 at 6:00 am
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:59 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
As I'm UK based I've barely been anywhere near QR recently, but I just wanted to thank the couple of posters here who are so quick to help out and provide useful info in this thread.

It's much appreciated, and great to see the QR community.

Safe travels

M
NWplatinum, Schwann and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
As I'm UK based I've barely been anywhere near QR recently, but I just wanted to thank the couple of posters here who are so quick to help out and provide useful info in this thread.

It's much appreciated, and great to see the QR community.

Safe travels

M
Yes especially ISTFlyer, you have really been on top of the forum here answering the difficult questions. Thank you
BTA, nilsfr69 and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.