Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
OK, you would be able to rebook until 31 December 2021 without any fare difference being applied, however, the 5000-mile policy would no longer apply and destination changes could only be done within the 500-miles radius from your original destination ( if not a QRPC member ) or the same region ( if a QRPC member ).
By placing my booking on hold, I was told I could rebook up till the end of 2 years from original ticket issue for no fare change as long as I booked into the same bucket.

So that restriction may only for those processing a date change there and then, in which case placing on hold might be a workaround?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nick5000
I cancelled and requested a voucher 1 week ago, and got a support request confirmation email. However now after 1 week the booking is still not cancelled and I have not received any reply to the support request.
How long does this normally take, and will there be a problem if they have not handled it before the flight date?
According to my very recent experience, it takes longer than normal to get support at the moment.
For the first time ever it took long as 4 hours for the WhatsApp support line to return to me and at the 2nd hour, I had already called the Platinum line and for the first time I waited about 5-10 minutes for an agent to become available. In the past, I had never had a wait longer than 1-2 minutes at the QR Platinum line.

I assume that you are QRPC Gold ( from your profile ) so it would be better to call the Gold hotline before your flight to avoid no-show fees. Your booking should be cancelled at least 3 hours before departure in order to avoid the no-show fee.

By the way, I have no idea why the QR customer service channels are overwhelmed at the moment.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
By placing my booking on hold, I was told I could rebook up till the end of 2 years from original ticket issue for no fare change as long as I booked into the same bucket.

So that restriction may only for those processing a date change there and then, in which case placing on hold might be a workaround?
To clarify,

As your situation is involuntary,
If you rebook you end your travel until 31 December 2021, no fare difference would be charged if there is availability in the same cabin ( no same fare bucket required ).
If you wish to travel in 2022, availability in the same fare bucket would be required and when you would like to book at a higher fare bucket, a fare difference and a change ( service ) fee would be collected.

Also, a reminder that after your first rebooking, unless another involuntary situation occurs, all further changes would be considered as voluntary.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to clarify whether being positive for Covid count as an involuntary change for QR? If I get a positive result will QR allow me to shift my flights without any charge. Secondly, I had upgraded these flights using their pre departure upgrade offers so if it does count as involuntary would I retain the upgrade or lose it?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by salehir
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to clarify whether being positive for Covid count as an involuntary change for QR? If I get a positive result will QR allow me to shift my flights without any charge. Secondly, I had upgraded these flights using their pre departure upgrade offers so if it does count as involuntary would I retain the upgrade or lose it?
Yes, if you have COVID around the date of departure then according to the current Qatar policy this counts as an involuntary change. However they do require proof as per the policy text below. The full policy as currently offered by Qatar is in the wiki (the first posting in this thread)

I seriously hope you don't have COVID, and if you do you make a speedy and full recovery.

I am not certain about pre-departure upgrades, hopefully someone else can confirm on that point.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Yes, if you have COVID around the date of departure then according to the current Qatar policy this counts as an involuntary change. However they do require proof as per the policy text below. The full policy as currently offered by Qatar is in the wiki (the first posting in this thread)

I seriously hope you don't have COVID, and if you do you make a speedy and full recovery.

I am not certain about pre-departure upgrades, hopefully someone else can confirm on that point.
Thanks for the info, I have just started getting some symptoms so wanted to be proactive in this scenario
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In case of involuntary situations, the upgrades are refunded if you opt for a refund or you are re-booked in Business Class if you wish to change your travel dates.
However, the point that I'm not sure if that QR would like to see evidence of your positive COVID test. ( Eg. They might ask it through the feedback form )
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:44 am

To clarify,

As your situation is involuntary,
If you rebook you end your travel until 31 December 2021, no fare difference would be charged if there is availability in the same cabin ( no same fare bucket required ).
If you wish to travel in 2022, availability in the same fare bucket would be required and when you would like to book at a higher fare bucket, a fare difference and a change ( service ) fee would be collected.

Also, a reminder that after your first rebooking, unless another involuntary situation occurs, all further changes would be considered as voluntary.
Mine was deemed voluntary, as the flights were still operating. 2 different agents confirmed no charge for rebooking any dates in the same fare bucket 2+ years from ticket issue; which puts me in 2022 for the dates I need to rebook to, which I did ask them 3 times to confirm no charge and was told that's correct even if booking 2022 dates. So, I guess we will see what happens when I try ..... will report back.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flashware
Mine was deemed voluntary, as the flights were still operating. 2 different agents confirmed no charge for rebooking any dates in the same fare bucket 2+ years from ticket issue; which puts me in 2022 for the dates I need to rebook to, which I did ask them 3 times to confirm no charge and was told that's correct even if booking 2022 dates. So, I guess we will see what happens when I try ..... will report back.
Oops, sorry for the confusion about voluntary/involuntary. You probably misquoted my response to another poster so that created confusion.

Then as you mentioned, you would be able to select any date at the same route with availability on the same fare bucket until the validity of your ticket ( 2 years after you've requested to hold on ). Obviously, a fare difference would apply when rebooking on a higher fare bucket.

For travel in 2022, this sentence that I made previously remains valid until QR changes or modifies the policy. Of course, if you rebook at the same fare bucket, no fare difference or change fee would be collected.
flashware likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:33 am

New Extending Our Commitment T&Cs

As of 22 Dec the EOC t&c’s have completely changed. There is now no option to apply for a voucher or extend ticket validity for 2yrs. On the plus side it seems to be possible to have a full refund without flights being cancelled ie. voluntary.

Am I mis-reading this ?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I've updated the 'wiki' bit with the EOC Policy V2.0 link which has quite a number of changes.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait, if I'm not wrong, are all QR tickets now fully refundable except YQ/YR?
The "Refund to Original Form of Payment" does not state anything for voluntary or involuntary cases. It just says "may waive refund penalty".
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:02 am

Wait, if I'm not wrong, are all QR tickets now fully refundable except YQ/YR?
The "Refund to Original Form of Payment" does not state anything for voluntary or involuntary cases. It just says "may waive refund penalty".
Yep. It's good that they're making cancellations much easier but at the same time it's no longer viable to buy a cheap fare and change it.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:04 am

That’s my reading of it. Not sure about the YQ/YR though
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:05 am

It's a shame that they're now only waiving the rebooking fee instead of everything like before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.