FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:32 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Mine was deemed voluntary, as the flights were still operating. 2 different agents confirmed no charge for rebooking any dates in the same fare bucket 2+ years from ticket issue; which puts me in 2022 for the dates I need to rebook to, which I did ask them 3 times to confirm no charge and was told that's correct even if booking 2022 dates. So, I guess we will see what happens when I try ..... will report back.
Oops, sorry for the confusion about voluntary/involuntary. You probably misquoted my response to another poster so that created confusion.

Then as you mentioned, you would be able to select any date at the same route with availability on the same fare bucket until the validity of your ticket ( 2 years after you've requested to hold on ). Obviously, a fare difference would apply when rebooking on a higher fare bucket.

For travel in 2022, this sentence that I made previously remains valid until QR changes or modifies the policy. Of course, if you rebook at the same fare bucket, no fare difference or change fee would be collected.
If you wish to travel in 2022, availability in the same fare bucket would be required and when you would like to book at a higher fare bucket, a fare difference and a change ( service ) fee would be collected.