Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:52 pm

Does anyone know if a mixed cabin itinerary (where the long haul to DOH is J but the short haul leaving DOH is in Y) qualifies for paid entry to AS?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by meehgz
Does anyone know if a mixed cabin itinerary (where the long haul to DOH is J but the short haul leaving DOH is in Y) qualifies for paid entry to AS?
I would expect not.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would expect not.
To clarify, that type of mixed cabin itinerary is eligible for entry to Al Mourjan after the incoming flight in J even though the outgoing flight is in Y, which is why I feel like there might be a small chance for AS. Any experiences from anyone trying this yet?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

To clarify, that type of mixed cabin itinerary is eligible for entry to Al Mourjan after the incoming flight in J even though the outgoing flight is in Y, which is why I feel like there might be a small chance for AS. Any experiences from anyone trying this yet?
I know. And I still expect it nor to be the case. But maybe you'll have to be the test case to update us all on the possibility....
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:44 am

I know. And I still expect it nor to be the case. But maybe you'll have to be the test case to update us all on the possibility....
Hopefully someone will be able to test this out sooner than me as my mixed cabin itinerary isn’t until next Feb (on the way to MLE, actually - I just realized it was you I just responded to on the STR thread too )! If not, I’ll report back in ~11 months with the data point haha.

I am flying a full J itinerary through DOH this July on a separate trip, though, so I look forward to greater certainty for paid AS access then. I’m just hoping I may be able to do so again next Feb on the mixed cabin itinerary!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully someone will be able to test this out sooner than me as my mixed cabin itinerary isn’t until next Feb (on the way to MLE, actually - I just realized it was you I just responded to on the STR thread too )! If not, I’ll report back in ~11 months with the data point haha.

I am flying a full J itinerary through DOH this July on a separate trip, though, so I look forward to greater certainty for paid AS access then. I’m just hoping I may be able to do so again next Feb on the mixed cabin itinerary!
Yeah, I am kind of looking at going back to the St R. But the options don't really look favourable at the moment.
meehgz likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Yeah, I am kind of looking at going back to the St R. But the options don't really look favourable at the moment.
Lovely hotel in many ways, even better when it's hot enough to use the pool/beach area, but not so hot that you don't want to go outside.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:02 am

Is the 6 hour stay strictly enforced?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by londonexpert
Is the 6 hour stay strictly enforced?
Reasonably strictly yes They have few enough passengers around to keep track
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:30 pm

The 6 hour limit seemed to be strictly enforced in the rooms (where a longer stay would be charged extra) but I stayed for over 7 hours in the lounge total overnight and nobody seemed too bothered.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Watsono
The 6 hour limit seemed to be strictly enforced in the rooms (where a longer stay would be charged extra) but I stayed for over 7 hours in the lounge total overnight and nobody seemed too bothered.
I guess it may depend on the day and the staff, I was reminded around 7 hours that might 6 hours were up.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:08 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The title says full fare but it seems like it's available to everyone even on discounted fares. Is it available on an R or I fare?

I absolutely hated my last Al Mourjan visit, while Al Safwa was decent. I'll be in DOH against soon for a 4h layover and would much prefer to pay $60 to do the Al Safwa again.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:17 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Greenpen
No! I will be passing through in April in F and I hope that pesky J people don’t block the rooms as I need to use one.
I think you can give up on the idea of using a room. When I visited on an F fare overnight a couple years ago, not a single room was available. After a similar bad experience in J, I am never relying on sleeping arranged by QR. If I need to sleep, I'll get a hotel, or sleep on the plane.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by helvetic
I think you can give up on the idea of using a room. When I visited on an F fare overnight a couple years ago, not a single room was available. After a similar bad experience in J, I am never relying on sleeping arranged by QR. If I need to sleep, I'll get a hotel, or sleep on the plane.
I think that maybe you just hit a bad day. When I was there a few weeks ago, there were plenty of rooms available. Same with my earlier visit, a couple of years ago.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Worked fine

We went to AM and asked to pay for access, he said to just go there. I said are you sure we can just go, do you need to call anyone? He said oh, do you want me to see if they have a room? I said sure, ok. So he called and told them we were coming and held a room for us.

we got over there and they accepted payment, like they do it every day and walked us to the rooms. We showered and went to get some drinks and food and we were the only people there. Took a nap then went back for coffee before Leaving and it was more people, probably about 15 in the restaurant. The bartender said their busy time is 6am, but late night it’s normal to the the only ones.

we were given 6 hours for the room but not for the club. Loved it and so happy we went.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.